Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:53 am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: Yesterday
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 118post #1756 of 200413/23/13 at 3:37amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1757 of 200413/23/13 at 3:56ampost #1758 of 200413/23/13 at 4:02amThread Starterpost #1759 of 200413/23/13 at 6:13amQuote:Originally Posted by fc82nyc
Just received my second order and this time it was 3 shirts: unfortunately all 3 had the collar circumference 1/2 inch too small, even though I ordered the right size. I'm trying to see if they can do a remake since I can't wear the shirts as they are, but I'm not willing to pay shipping back to them since it's their mistake. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Otherwise the shirts fit ok, but the collar makes them unusable.
Yeah, I've had some trouble with getting them to match the chest and waist measurements I've stipulated. They've been off by 1/2 to 3/4 inch (in both directions) in a couple of cases and I can't get a good explanation as to why. They corrected the first shirt I ordered which had this issue but I wasn't up for sending the second one back as I can still wear it as long as I don't gain a lot of weight. I've not had any issues with getting them to match the specified collar size though. Although, my next shirt (soon) will see a 1/4 inch added to the collar so I can wear ties with it. I don't wear ties with button downs generally.post #1760 of 200413/23/13 at 6:15amQuote:Originally Posted by emptym
Foo, here's a couple shots of a Luxire BD, poofed:
And not so poofed:
Unlined, unfused, half inch tie space, 3.25" points.
bourbonb, I don't think BD collars traditionally had points that disappeared beneath lapels. In any case, fwiw, I don't get mine that way.
Louis, pockets are good, particularly on BDs.
Is that the white, red/black checks material? If so, that's the material I'm likely to order next. What is the material like? Do you like it?post #1761 of 200413/23/13 at 6:17ampost #1762 of 200413/23/13 at 6:19amQuote:Originally Posted by joewmoss
Yeah, I've had some trouble with getting them to match the chest and waist measurements I've stipulated. They've been off by 1/2 to 3/4 inch (in both directions) in a couple of cases and I can't get a good explanation as to why. They corrected the first shirt I ordered which had this issue but I wasn't up for sending the second one back as I can still wear it as long as I don't gain a lot of weight. I've not had any issues with getting them to match the specified collar size though. Although, my next shirt (soon) will see a 1/4 inch added to the collar so I can wear ties with it. I don't wear ties with button downs generally.
So you just sent it back at your expense? I'm not willing to pay over $50 for a mistake they made...
Thi is really terrible customer service and quality control!post #1763 of 200413/23/13 at 7:24ampost #1764 of 200413/23/13 at 7:35amQuote:
Not exactly. It went back with other sample shirts and came back to me with other orders so it piggybacked with shipments that were already going to happen. However, it is their policy that you pay to send back to their forwarder in NJ so yeah, it behooves everyone to get the measurements right.post #1765 of 200413/23/13 at 7:36amQuote:
Uh, that's called capitalism buddy and that's the way market forces work. It's not the first time that subject has come up on this forum either. It is what it is. Luxire is new and they are going to have issues from time to time and they'll have to work on it to keep a degree of loyalty.post #1766 of 200413/23/13 at 7:43ampost #1767 of 200413/23/13 at 7:54amQuote:Originally Posted by joewmoss
Uh, that's called capitalism buddy and that's the way market forces work. It's not the first time that subject has come up on this forum either. It is what it is. Luxire is new and they are going to have issues from time to time and they'll have to work on it to keep a degree of loyalty.
I have a few clothes made by them and have had a few exchanges with customer service. From my experience and what I read on the forum, the abuse is misdirected.
Proof is right below. If I am not wrong, he had earlier said that his pant was 7" smaller in the waist, but he is being a gentleman in admitting his mistake. The earlier comment may have scared some to-be customers due to no fault of the business. That is where it is wrong.
You can be sure that the newbie will not come and admit he was wrong. He would rather create a new login and behave nothing happened.post #1768 of 200413/23/13 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Teger
got my two pieces - a shirt and a pair of pants. shirt is great, very close to being perfect, with an EXCELLENT collar roll. only thing I need to change for the next order is to slim down the sleeves a little, and take the chest in a tad. unfortunately the pants I ordered are a mess.. like 7" smaller in the waist than I had entered.
might not look that great, but I'm an extremely hard shirt fit, especially OTR. I have wide sloping shoulders and a large neck for my waist/chest size.
May i ask if you did anything special to get the fit right, as i am in the same crew when it comes to large, sloping shoulder/prominent traps and a large neck size.post #1769 of 200413/23/13 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by joewmoss
Not exactly. It went back with other sample shirts and came back to me with other orders so it piggybacked with shipments that were already going to happen. However, it is their policy that you pay to send back to their forwarder in NJ so yeah, it behooves everyone to get the measurements right.
You don't say!
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 7 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 25 seconds ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 28 seconds ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 5 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth