Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:10 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 118post #1756 of 233563/23/13 at 3:37amThread Starterpost #1757 of 233563/23/13 at 3:56ampost #1758 of 233563/23/13 at 4:02amThread Starterpost #1759 of 233563/23/13 at 6:13amQuote:Originally Posted by fc82nyc
Just received my second order and this time it was 3 shirts: unfortunately all 3 had the collar circumference 1/2 inch too small, even though I ordered the right size. I'm trying to see if they can do a remake since I can't wear the shirts as they are, but I'm not willing to pay shipping back to them since it's their mistake. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Otherwise the shirts fit ok, but the collar makes them unusable.
Yeah, I've had some trouble with getting them to match the chest and waist measurements I've stipulated. They've been off by 1/2 to 3/4 inch (in both directions) in a couple of cases and I can't get a good explanation as to why. They corrected the first shirt I ordered which had this issue but I wasn't up for sending the second one back as I can still wear it as long as I don't gain a lot of weight. I've not had any issues with getting them to match the specified collar size though. Although, my next shirt (soon) will see a 1/4 inch added to the collar so I can wear ties with it. I don't wear ties with button downs generally.post #1760 of 233563/23/13 at 6:15amQuote:Originally Posted by emptym
Foo, here's a couple shots of a Luxire BD, poofed:
And not so poofed:
Unlined, unfused, half inch tie space, 3.25" points.
bourbonb, I don't think BD collars traditionally had points that disappeared beneath lapels. In any case, fwiw, I don't get mine that way.
Louis, pockets are good, particularly on BDs.
Is that the white, red/black checks material? If so, that's the material I'm likely to order next. What is the material like? Do you like it?post #1761 of 233563/23/13 at 6:17ampost #1762 of 233563/23/13 at 6:19amQuote:Originally Posted by joewmoss
Yeah, I've had some trouble with getting them to match the chest and waist measurements I've stipulated. They've been off by 1/2 to 3/4 inch (in both directions) in a couple of cases and I can't get a good explanation as to why. They corrected the first shirt I ordered which had this issue but I wasn't up for sending the second one back as I can still wear it as long as I don't gain a lot of weight. I've not had any issues with getting them to match the specified collar size though. Although, my next shirt (soon) will see a 1/4 inch added to the collar so I can wear ties with it. I don't wear ties with button downs generally.
So you just sent it back at your expense? I'm not willing to pay over $50 for a mistake they made...
Thi is really terrible customer service and quality control!post #1763 of 233563/23/13 at 7:24ampost #1764 of 233563/23/13 at 7:35amQuote:
Not exactly. It went back with other sample shirts and came back to me with other orders so it piggybacked with shipments that were already going to happen. However, it is their policy that you pay to send back to their forwarder in NJ so yeah, it behooves everyone to get the measurements right.post #1765 of 233563/23/13 at 7:36amQuote:
Uh, that's called capitalism buddy and that's the way market forces work. It's not the first time that subject has come up on this forum either. It is what it is. Luxire is new and they are going to have issues from time to time and they'll have to work on it to keep a degree of loyalty.post #1766 of 233563/23/13 at 7:43ampost #1767 of 233563/23/13 at 7:54amQuote:Originally Posted by joewmoss
Uh, that's called capitalism buddy and that's the way market forces work. It's not the first time that subject has come up on this forum either. It is what it is. Luxire is new and they are going to have issues from time to time and they'll have to work on it to keep a degree of loyalty.
I have a few clothes made by them and have had a few exchanges with customer service. From my experience and what I read on the forum, the abuse is misdirected.
Proof is right below. If I am not wrong, he had earlier said that his pant was 7" smaller in the waist, but he is being a gentleman in admitting his mistake. The earlier comment may have scared some to-be customers due to no fault of the business. That is where it is wrong.
You can be sure that the newbie will not come and admit he was wrong. He would rather create a new login and behave nothing happened.post #1768 of 233563/23/13 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Teger
got my two pieces - a shirt and a pair of pants. shirt is great, very close to being perfect, with an EXCELLENT collar roll. only thing I need to change for the next order is to slim down the sleeves a little, and take the chest in a tad. unfortunately the pants I ordered are a mess.. like 7" smaller in the waist than I had entered.
might not look that great, but I'm an extremely hard shirt fit, especially OTR. I have wide sloping shoulders and a large neck for my waist/chest size.
May i ask if you did anything special to get the fit right, as i am in the same crew when it comes to large, sloping shoulder/prominent traps and a large neck size.post #1769 of 233563/23/13 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by joewmoss
Not exactly. It went back with other sample shirts and came back to me with other orders so it piggybacked with shipments that were already going to happen. However, it is their policy that you pay to send back to their forwarder in NJ so yeah, it behooves everyone to get the measurements right.
You don't say!post #1770 of 233563/23/13 at 8:11am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 26 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 29 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 35 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 57 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding