What is the correct way to measure the shoulder slope of a men's dress shirt if all you have is a tape measure?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:01 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:43 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 111post #1651 of 195543/16/13 at 3:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1652 of 195543/17/13 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by itraxx
Received my first shirt from Luxire recently - sky blue oxford. Great quality shirt!
Could anyone give me some feedback for future adjustments based upon the pictures below? Please note that I input the sleeve measurements incorrectly which is why they are so big - I will be having this corrected by a local tailor and never making the mistake again!
Apologies for the poor quality iPhone photos. If it's any help, my usual measurements are 40" chest and 31" waist.
I've just ordered a remake of this shirt based on feedback from Theresa, and corrected the oversized sleeves. Will report back when the new shirt arrives.post #1653 of 195543/17/13 at 7:24ampost #1654 of 195543/17/13 at 7:24ampost #1655 of 195543/17/13 at 7:54ampost #1656 of 195543/17/13 at 8:18amQuote:
The changes to the yoke and chest seem very reasonable.
Would have taken more fabric from the back of the waist though.
I think the upper back did not look as bad as the back waist did, so why only take that few fabric away from over there?post #1657 of 195543/17/13 at 8:47amQuote:
Theresa recommended taking 2" from the back of the waist but it already feels a little close so I'm going with 1" and will go up to 2" or more if I feel it's necessary for future orders.
I think it looks a bit worse on these pictures as the trousers have quite a low rise causing a bit of a muffin top.post #1658 of 195543/17/13 at 8:57amYou have to feel comfortable, that's most important!
I guess the tightness you feel comes from a slightly too small front waist, so I would increase the front by 0.5-1cm and at the same time reduce the back by exactly those 5cm Theresa suggested, but of course, that decision is up to youpost #1659 of 195543/17/13 at 11:35ampost #1660 of 195543/17/13 at 12:04pmQuote:
I asked the same thing a couple of weeks ago and didn't get an answer. I don't think anyone has as of yet. Luxire is still working on a process for getting the measurements right. I'm anxious to find out as well because the minnis materials look really good. In my case, I want a classic navy blazer and tan / grey pants set created. The Minnis materials are there to do it. Like you, I'd like to see an example of one and what the process was. If I'm going to be a guinea pig, then I'd like and "incentive" to do so.post #1661 of 195543/17/13 at 2:35pmpost #1662 of 195543/17/13 at 2:47pmpost #1663 of 195543/17/13 at 3:17pmpost #1664 of 195543/17/13 at 6:48pm
Thinking about ordering some pants from Luxire.
Anyone have any suggestions for summer pants (business casual) that are pretty versatile in color from Luxire?
I'm dealing with weather between 80-115 degrees soon here so, like I said.. definitely summer weight. But not as easy to wrinkle as linen.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Cigars 1 minute ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 1 minute ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Melange Grey Pocket Tee - Boothia Felix 3 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 4 minutes ago
- › ?What is the first thing you notice when you see a man in a suit? 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Barbour Heritage Liddesdale 7 minutes ago
- › Jacket Basics? 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015