What is the correct way to measure the shoulder slope of a men's dress shirt if all you have is a tape measure?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:28 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 4:35 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 111post #1651 of 189543/16/13 at 3:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1652 of 189543/17/13 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by itraxx
Received my first shirt from Luxire recently - sky blue oxford. Great quality shirt!
Could anyone give me some feedback for future adjustments based upon the pictures below? Please note that I input the sleeve measurements incorrectly which is why they are so big - I will be having this corrected by a local tailor and never making the mistake again!
Apologies for the poor quality iPhone photos. If it's any help, my usual measurements are 40" chest and 31" waist.
I've just ordered a remake of this shirt based on feedback from Theresa, and corrected the oversized sleeves. Will report back when the new shirt arrives.post #1653 of 189543/17/13 at 7:24ampost #1654 of 189543/17/13 at 7:24ampost #1655 of 189543/17/13 at 7:54ampost #1656 of 189543/17/13 at 8:18amQuote:
The changes to the yoke and chest seem very reasonable.
Would have taken more fabric from the back of the waist though.
I think the upper back did not look as bad as the back waist did, so why only take that few fabric away from over there?post #1657 of 189543/17/13 at 8:47amQuote:
Theresa recommended taking 2" from the back of the waist but it already feels a little close so I'm going with 1" and will go up to 2" or more if I feel it's necessary for future orders.
I think it looks a bit worse on these pictures as the trousers have quite a low rise causing a bit of a muffin top.post #1658 of 189543/17/13 at 8:57amYou have to feel comfortable, that's most important!
I guess the tightness you feel comes from a slightly too small front waist, so I would increase the front by 0.5-1cm and at the same time reduce the back by exactly those 5cm Theresa suggested, but of course, that decision is up to youpost #1659 of 189543/17/13 at 11:35ampost #1660 of 189543/17/13 at 12:04pmQuote:
I asked the same thing a couple of weeks ago and didn't get an answer. I don't think anyone has as of yet. Luxire is still working on a process for getting the measurements right. I'm anxious to find out as well because the minnis materials look really good. In my case, I want a classic navy blazer and tan / grey pants set created. The Minnis materials are there to do it. Like you, I'd like to see an example of one and what the process was. If I'm going to be a guinea pig, then I'd like and "incentive" to do so.post #1661 of 189543/17/13 at 2:35pmpost #1662 of 189543/17/13 at 2:47pmpost #1663 of 189543/17/13 at 3:17pmpost #1664 of 189543/17/13 at 6:48pm
Thinking about ordering some pants from Luxire.
Anyone have any suggestions for summer pants (business casual) that are pretty versatile in color from Luxire?
I'm dealing with weather between 80-115 degrees soon here so, like I said.. definitely summer weight. But not as easy to wrinkle as linen.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...