What is the correct way to measure the shoulder slope of a men's dress shirt if all you have is a tape measure?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBeach Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- brandBespoke Englandtagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Most common style mistakes Last post on 6/18/11 at 4:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Eidos Napoli Last post on Today at 8:12 am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 111
Styleforum Top Picks
Received my first shirt from Luxire recently - sky blue oxford. Great quality shirt!
Could anyone give me some feedback for future adjustments based upon the pictures below? Please note that I input the sleeve measurements incorrectly which is why they are so big - I will be having this corrected by a local tailor and never making the mistake again!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Apologies for the poor quality iPhone photos. If it's any help, my usual measurements are 40" chest and 31" waist.
I've just ordered a remake of this shirt based on feedback from Theresa, and corrected the oversized sleeves. Will report back when the new shirt arrives.
The changes to the yoke and chest seem very reasonable.
Would have taken more fabric from the back of the waist though.
I think the upper back did not look as bad as the back waist did, so why only take that few fabric away from over there?
Theresa recommended taking 2" from the back of the waist but it already feels a little close so I'm going with 1" and will go up to 2" or more if I feel it's necessary for future orders.
I think it looks a bit worse on these pictures as the trousers have quite a low rise causing a bit of a muffin top.
I guess the tightness you feel comes from a slightly too small front waist, so I would increase the front by 0.5-1cm and at the same time reduce the back by exactly those 5cm Theresa suggested, but of course, that decision is up to you
I asked the same thing a couple of weeks ago and didn't get an answer. I don't think anyone has as of yet. Luxire is still working on a process for getting the measurements right. I'm anxious to find out as well because the minnis materials look really good. In my case, I want a classic navy blazer and tan / grey pants set created. The Minnis materials are there to do it. Like you, I'd like to see an example of one and what the process was. If I'm going to be a guinea pig, then I'd like and "incentive" to do so.
Thinking about ordering some pants from Luxire.
Anyone have any suggestions for summer pants (business casual) that are pretty versatile in color from Luxire?
I'm dealing with weather between 80-115 degrees soon here so, like I said.. definitely summer weight. But not as easy to wrinkle as linen.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 28 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › C&J Ludlow BNIB UK 10.5 D 348 Last Danite Sole 3 minutes ago
- › Dealing with weight loss and tailored clothes 4 minutes ago
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 4 minutes ago
- › CHRISTOPHE LEMAIRE FW2014 5 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 9 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 10 minutes ago
- › Briggs & Riley Hardside Medium Spinner Luggage 15 minutes ago
- › (BRAND NEW) Allen Edmonds STEEN SLIP-ON DRESS SHOES 19 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...