What is the correct way to measure the shoulder slope of a men's dress shirt if all you have is a tape measure?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- . Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:49 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 111post #1651 of 246833/16/13 at 3:41pmpost #1652 of 246833/17/13 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by itraxx
Received my first shirt from Luxire recently - sky blue oxford. Great quality shirt!
Could anyone give me some feedback for future adjustments based upon the pictures below? Please note that I input the sleeve measurements incorrectly which is why they are so big - I will be having this corrected by a local tailor and never making the mistake again!
Apologies for the poor quality iPhone photos. If it's any help, my usual measurements are 40" chest and 31" waist.
I've just ordered a remake of this shirt based on feedback from Theresa, and corrected the oversized sleeves. Will report back when the new shirt arrives.post #1653 of 246833/17/13 at 7:24ampost #1654 of 246833/17/13 at 7:24ampost #1655 of 246833/17/13 at 7:54ampost #1656 of 246833/17/13 at 8:18amQuote:
The changes to the yoke and chest seem very reasonable.
Would have taken more fabric from the back of the waist though.
I think the upper back did not look as bad as the back waist did, so why only take that few fabric away from over there?post #1657 of 246833/17/13 at 8:47amQuote:
Theresa recommended taking 2" from the back of the waist but it already feels a little close so I'm going with 1" and will go up to 2" or more if I feel it's necessary for future orders.
I think it looks a bit worse on these pictures as the trousers have quite a low rise causing a bit of a muffin top.post #1658 of 246833/17/13 at 8:57amYou have to feel comfortable, that's most important!
I guess the tightness you feel comes from a slightly too small front waist, so I would increase the front by 0.5-1cm and at the same time reduce the back by exactly those 5cm Theresa suggested, but of course, that decision is up to youpost #1659 of 246833/17/13 at 11:35ampost #1660 of 246833/17/13 at 12:04pmQuote:
I asked the same thing a couple of weeks ago and didn't get an answer. I don't think anyone has as of yet. Luxire is still working on a process for getting the measurements right. I'm anxious to find out as well because the minnis materials look really good. In my case, I want a classic navy blazer and tan / grey pants set created. The Minnis materials are there to do it. Like you, I'd like to see an example of one and what the process was. If I'm going to be a guinea pig, then I'd like and "incentive" to do so.post #1661 of 246833/17/13 at 2:35pmpost #1662 of 246833/17/13 at 2:47pmpost #1663 of 246833/17/13 at 3:17pmpost #1664 of 246833/17/13 at 6:48pm
Thinking about ordering some pants from Luxire.
Anyone have any suggestions for summer pants (business casual) that are pretty versatile in color from Luxire?
I'm dealing with weather between 80-115 degrees soon here so, like I said.. definitely summer weight. But not as easy to wrinkle as linen.post #1665 of 246833/17/13 at 6:54pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 57 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 28 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 39 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...