or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 102

post #1516 of 12679
Like others have said, if you plan to wear your shirt without a jacket ontop and in case you are not a wrinkle lover like some linen nerds, I would advise against a light dress shirt fabric like the Lusterous Fine White.
From the white shirtings I have swatches of, I would advise you to go for one of the following three:
http://luxire.com/products/white-on-white-diamond (definitely very noticeable texture and quite shiny)
http://luxire.com/products/warzone-white-oxford (imo the essential casual white fabric of Luxire)
http://luxire.com/products/warzone-plus-white-oxford (feels and looks very similiar to the non plus warzone, could not see where the +$10 came from)
Edited by Louis XIV - 3/7/13 at 10:46pm
post #1517 of 12679
I haven't found the Lustrous Fine White to be especially wrinkle-prone compared to other plain weave fabrics. In fact I think it actually wrinkles less than most. It's just that white shows wrinkles more more than colored or patterned shirts. That's why I usually reserve plain white shirts for special events or at least days with particularly important things going on at work.
post #1518 of 12679
Quote:
Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post

The only problem with that is that most of my shirts don't fit too well.  One of the reasons I'm looking into this is to have shirts that do.  I'll try to find different shirts that fit me better in certain areas and take measurements of those areas.  Thanks.

Yeah, that's what I've been advising people to do. Take measurements from several shirts/pants that have aspects of fit that you like. Create a hybrid set from their best fitting attributes. Put measurements in a spreadsheet.  It worked for me with the both shirts and especially for the trousers which are much more difficult to do.   

post #1519 of 12679
Quote:
Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post

The only problem with that is that most of my shirts don't fit too well.  One of the reasons I'm looking into this is to have shirts that do.  I'll try to find different shirts that fit me better in certain areas and take measurements of those areas.  Thanks.

it's probably going to take you more than one shot to get the measurements right anyways, so I wouldn't worry too much about trying to get the measurements perfect first time around. Place an order and then send some fit pics to luxire and they'll give you recommendations on adjustments you can make to get the best fit

 

I ended up ordering about 3 shirts one after the other with slight adjustments here and there then sent them all back together to be adjusted to finalized measurements. 

post #1520 of 12679

Just wanted to chime in, I have been lurking on this thread for a while and I just received my order. I am quite new to getting something custom made, I took a chance and ordered my first shirt based on body measurements.

 

This thing fits great! Sure I need to make some minor adjustments as I assumed but I am very confident that my next order will be perfect. It’s so nice to have a shirt that fits correctly, I am a big guy and its always been hard to find good fitting dress shirts.

post #1521 of 12679
Here is my new OCBD with Point Down Collar. Second Luxire order, I think they have my size nailed down pretty well:


post #1522 of 12679
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post

it's probably going to take you more than one shot to get the measurements right anyways, so I wouldn't worry too much about trying to get the measurements perfect first time around. Place an order and then send some fit pics to luxire and they'll give you recommendations on adjustments you can make to get the best fit

 

I ended up ordering about 3 shirts one after the other with slight adjustments here and there then sent them all back together to be adjusted to finalized measurements. 

So you sent back 3 shirts you had ordered to Luxire to have adjustments made? If I might ask what type of adjustments were possible and was there a charge? That makes their process very attractive.

 

Also, any recs on more conservative business appropriate solid white or blue fabrics in lighter weights? Basically something along a standard poplin material. I don't think proper business attire is necessarily conservative but too many on the boards think if it is not 7 patterns, 4 textures, 3 browns, etc. then it is 'boring'=conservative.

post #1523 of 12679
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit50 View Post

So you sent back 3 shirts you had ordered to Luxire to have adjustments made? If I might ask what type of adjustments were possible and was there a charge? That makes their process very attractive.

 

Also, any recs on more conservative business appropriate solid white or blue fabrics in lighter weights? Basically something along a standard poplin material. I don't think proper business attire is necessarily conservative but too many on the boards think if it is not 7 patterns, 4 textures, 3 browns, etc. then it is 'boring'=conservative.

their policy is to remake (or adjust) one time on all their shirts if your not happy with the fit (whether it was your fault or their's). all you have to pay for is shipping back to you, which I think is $20 per shirt. But get in touch with Theresa from luxire for more details. 

post #1524 of 12679
MattSF - excellent roll on that collar
post #1525 of 12679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

MattSF - excellent roll on that collar

Thanks! I'm very happy with the shirt, definitely converted to Luxire for all my shirting needs. Planning on trying out their trousers too pretty soon.
post #1526 of 12679
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Wore the Lustrous Fine White today and I can say it wrinkles like crazy! Also unlined and unfused cuffs don't look good on it as fabric is very light and 'curls' up easy. Fit's perfectly but seems to wrinkle too much would probably go for a more matte and slight heavier fabric. Anyone else get such wrinkling in their lustrous fine white?

Same problem. It wrinkles when i look at it. Feels great, but a little too light for me. Now I will only order after checking out the swatches.
post #1527 of 12679

How much does Luxire charge for the swatches? I remembered they linked to a page where an extra $1 service or more can be added but didn't really say how many swatches that would be.

post #1528 of 12679
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSF View Post

Here is my new OCBD with Point Down Collar. Second Luxire order, I think they have my size nailed down pretty well:



That is WAY too tight around your waist. Also, see how the sleeve bunches around your elbow? The curvature doesn't match your arm's--the back balance is probably too long.
post #1529 of 12679
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

That is WAY too tight around your waist. Also, see how the sleeve bunches around your elbow? The curvature doesn't match your arm's--the back balance is probably too long.

Thanks Foo. The waist is really the one part I the shirt I really got wrong, took in an inch from my first shirt, but in retrospect it was probably just right the way it was.

I think I understand what you're saying about back balance, I'll mention to Luxire and see what they can do on my next order. Could the sleeves also be bunching because they are just too long?
post #1530 of 12679
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhuong View Post

How much does Luxire charge for the swatches? I remembered they linked to a page where an extra $1 service or more can be added but didn't really say how many swatches that would be.

It's $1 per swatch. If you're planning on ordering a shirt also I'd suggest doing both in the same order for the FedEx shipping, otherwise they send the swatches standard mail from India, which can take a long time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread