or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 100

post #1486 of 14622
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

How does a permanent stitch crease work? I googled it and all it said was to sew a line down the crease?

Yeah, it's hard to find anything on it. Looked all over internet as well and didn't get a good explanation either. Luxire can probably describe it better than I can but I'll give it a shot. It's a very, very sharp, defined crease that is sewn into the fabric with similar or same color thread. They iron in a crease first and then sew along that line. This is  how perm creases were done before glueing the fabric like they do at JAB and MWH.  It is possible to see the stitch but they sew it into the pattern to blend it. On mine, I can't see it unless i look at it from less than a foot or so and even then it's barely perceptible even in bright lighting. It is best if you have pleats since that's wehre the crease would start. It's very pronounced...even more so than the "glued" version on my other trousers. It may or may not be advisible on all materials and patterns.  It worked on the pattern I chose and will be on my next order since there is similar pattern.

 

I took a picture but it's impossible to see the stitches even close up. I'll post later tonight. You'll see what I mean.

post #1487 of 14622
But didn't you also mention before that you got cuffs on your pants? I have a cuffless pair of pants with a stitched crease but I wonder how it would work with a cuff. Plse post a picture if you can. Thanks!
post #1488 of 14622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasha View Post

But didn't you also mention before that you got cuffs on your pants? I have a cuffless pair of pants with a stitched crease but I wonder how it would work with a cuff. Plse post a picture if you can. Thanks!

It's only stitched into the cuff and not on the cuff itself. I.E, the stitch disappears into the cuff and ends where the folds of the cuff begin.

post #1489 of 14622

 

 

post #1490 of 14622
A lot of people ask about fabrics in this thread.
I have bought quite a few swatches from Luxire over the course of three orders.
Maybe my preferences are of some help to others.

Following all the shirtings I have swatches of: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

My favorites that I will definitely buy a shirt made of from are: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Next few styles I will order swatches of are dress solids, dress stripes, dress checks and maybe some tattersalls.
Also I would love to see a classic oxford fabric of the same quality and design of the Blue University Stripes-, Classic Red Stripes- and Pale Mauve Stripes Oxford in orange.
post #1491 of 14622
Excellent, thank you!

Edit:
Regarding the pale blue end-on-end; is it like this in color or like the sky blue oxford? How is the shininess; as I like my shirt a little more matte?
Edited by cbfn - 3/7/13 at 1:32am
post #1492 of 14622
Thread Starter 

This linen caught our fancy because something similar was requested sometime ago. We bought it for summer in mind, but are almost sold out already.

 

post #1493 of 14622
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post

@luxire - was wondering what's the current turnaround time look like on shirts right now? Contemplating placing an order today/tomorrow (need to get your thoughts on current fit pics) but would need to have the shirt in hand by next Thursday at the latest. If things are backed up right now, I'll probably hold off on that and order a few things later on. 

 

My order for one shirt, placed on February 17, was shipped yesterday. So for me almost three weeks.

post #1494 of 14622
Thread Starter 

Our accessories are now gift ready. New packaging for Luxire Pocket Squares.

 

post #1495 of 14622
Thread Starter 

Tape added to the bottom of the pant for added weight and protection.

 

 

post #1496 of 14622
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post

Regarding the pale blue end-on-end; is it like this in color or like the sky blue oxford? How is the shininess; as I like my shirt a little more matte?

Can't comment on how the color compares to the picture of Spoo, but it looks like that compared to some other fabrics you might know:


Swatches shown are, top left to right, Pale Pink Classic Oxford, Perfect Monday Shirt Blue Royal Oxford, Blue Small Gingham 80/2, bottom left to right, Sky Blue Oxford, Pale Blue End-on-End 100/2, Pale Mauve Stripes Oxford.

I'd not say the End-on-End is a shiny fabric.
I find it a bit tough to compare because they are different weaves, but I would call the Gingham the least shiny, the End-on-End a bit more so, followed by the Classic Oxfords, a bit more obviously so on the solids compared to the stripes, and the Royal Oxford to be the shiniest.
I'd call the End-on-End's blue very similiar to the one of the Sky Blue Oxford.
Still the structure is obivously different as the white is woven into the End-on-End fabric much more subtle than on the Oxford.
post #1497 of 14622
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

Tape added to the bottom of the pant for added weight and protection.

 

 

Tyrwhitt does something similar with their dress / suit trousers if one buys them with "finished" bottoms. Their "tape" is narrower though and I've only seen it on plain bottoms trousers of course.

post #1498 of 14622
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewmoss View Post

 

 

Regarding the DAKs, there are three buttons there actually. One of them is out of sight under a flap. 

post #1499 of 14622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Can't comment on how the color compares to the picture of Spoo, but it looks like that compared to some other fabrics you might know:


Swatches shown are, top left to right, Pale Pink Classic Oxford, Perfect Monday Shirt Blue Royal Oxford, Blue Small Gingham 80/2, bottom left to right, Sky Blue Oxford, Pale Blue End-on-End 100/2, Pale Mauve Stripes Oxford.

I'd not say the End-on-End is a shiny fabric.
I find it a bit tough to compare because they are different weaves, but I would call the Gingham the least shiny, the End-on-End a bit more so, followed by the Classic Oxfords, a bit more obviously so on the solids compared to the stripes, and the Royal Oxford to be the shiniest.
I'd call the End-on-End's blue very similiar to the one of the Sky Blue Oxford.
Still the structure is obivously different as the white is woven into the End-on-End fabric much more subtle than on the Oxford.

Excellent! I love the sky blue oxford, the color is perfect for a oxford. I would also like a bit more formal shirt in approx. the same color, leading me to the end-on-end. Thanks for the help!
post #1500 of 14622
I too will make it my first dress shirt from Luxire.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread