or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 98

post #1456 of 14591

Just got my first shirt from Luxire! Needs a few tweaks (the measurements I gave were followed 100%. Apparently I don't know what I want just yet). I sent more pictures to Theresa but here's one.

 

I will keep this one since the measurements were my fault. It's a fantastic casual shirt.

 

 

post #1457 of 14591
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

 

Shirt (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

If I was to ask for this collar, how would I reference this?

post #1458 of 14591
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Just got my first shirt from Luxire! Needs a few tweaks (the measurements I gave were followed 100%. Apparently I don't know what I want just yet). I sent more pictures to Theresa but here's one.

 

I will keep this one since the measurements were my fault. It's a fantastic casual shirt.

 

 

What's wrong with the measurements? A little big? Otherwise looks pretty nice. Regarding what measurements to use, Ive had good results from taking several favorite, close but not perfect fitting shirts/trousers and measuring them each to create a hybrid of their best fitting features. I put the measurements into a spreadsheet that I use for subsequent orders.  It became an iterative process.  

post #1459 of 14591
Not too big. It's comfortable. But when the collar is buttoned, it pulls from the armpits. And it's too tight in the armpits as well. That's my fault though, of course.

I sent them a shirt I had altered for me a few months ago. I asked them to tighten the arm pits a bit and straight sleeves.

The sleeves are great, angle is fantastic. Unfortunately the idea to tighten the armpits wasn't the best. I litereally have to tuck my undershirt in to it. Not that that's strange but it's really hard to do it now, I can barely get two fingers between the shoulder and my arm.

I'll be ordering another one once I get change ideas from Theresa. Hopefully today. Once they're spot on, I feel I hardly need to go anywhere for shirts (if at all) since I'll be ordering a lot from them.

They tolerated my "asshattedness" very well when there was a minor hiccup and I got nervous. Fantastic people.
post #1460 of 14591

between these two fabrics, which one is a better one to get. just looking for a simple white button down dress shirt. not really sure if one of these is better than the other so figured i'll post here and see

 

lustrous fine white - http://luxire.com/collections/whites/products/lusterous-fine-white

ivory white broadcloth 120/2 - http://luxire.com/collections/whites/products/white-broadcloth-120-2

post #1461 of 14591
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post

between these two fabrics, which one is a better one to get. just looking for a simple white button down dress shirt. not really sure if one of these is better than the other so figured i'll post here and see

 

lustrous fine white - http://luxire.com/collections/whites/products/lusterous-fine-white

ivory white broadcloth 120/2 - http://luxire.com/collections/whites/products/white-broadcloth-120-2


I think the main difference is just the color. I have the lustrous and its a nice basic white dress shirt.

post #1462 of 14591

Can you all make an odd vest / waistcoat out of the various Dugdale and Minnis wool fabrics? If so, roughly how much would one cost?

post #1463 of 14591
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post

Can you all make an odd vest / waistcoat out of the various Dugdale and Minnis wool fabrics? If so, roughly how much would one cost?


Yes. Starting at $75. Pricing would depend on fabric chosen. Please contact us for details.

post #1464 of 14591

what are the lightest weight Pure Wool trouser fabrics you have?

 

I'm after somthing in the sub 300g range, at least a Super 100's fineness.

 

thanks.

post #1465 of 14591

Looking to have the classic blue blazer (dugdale or minnis) and trouser pant combo constructed in the future. Question for the forum.  Which trouser material to use? Khaki heavy twill, Tan Linen or Minnis Fresco Sand.  I'm leaning toward the Sand Fresco myself right now but I'd like to get feedback on this.

post #1466 of 14591
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post

between these two fabrics, which one is a better one to get. just looking for a simple white button down dress shirt. not really sure if one of these is better than the other so figured i'll post here and see

 

lustrous fine white - http://luxire.com/collections/whites/products/lusterous-fine-white

ivory white broadcloth 120/2 - http://luxire.com/collections/whites/products/white-broadcloth-120-2

I have the swatch for this one http://luxire.com/collections/whites/products/ivory-white-herringbone-100-2 and it's pretty good too. I'm likely to order it after I tweak a few measurements.

post #1467 of 14591
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

what are the lightest weight Pure Wool trouser fabrics you have?

 

I'm after somthing in the sub 300g range, at least a Super 100's fineness.

 

thanks.

 

Please PM me what shade do you have in mind. Can send you matching options.

post #1468 of 14591

Just received my first pair of trousers (trial pair basically). Brown Black houndstooth cotton. Daks adjusters and permanent stitch crease.  Haven't tried them on yet but they look very good. 

post #1469 of 14591
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewmoss View Post

Just received my first pair of trousers (trial pair basically). Brown Black houndstooth cotton. Daks adjusters and permanent stitch crease.  Haven't tried them on yet but they look very good. 


Can you post pictures? Been considering that fabric. How heavy is it?

post #1470 of 14591

thoughts on the fit? I'm pretty happy with most of it, just not sure if it might be good to add a little to the chest, shoulder, arm holes. 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread