Is there any way to quantify it like a certain ammount, or do I just type "slimmer forearms" and you'll know what to do?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBeach Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- brandBespoke Englandtagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Most common style mistakes Last post on 6/18/11 at 4:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens: black & camo shorts, t-shirt, megacowl shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 89post #1321 of 159282/21/13 at 10:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1322 of 159282/22/13 at 3:30ampost #1323 of 159282/22/13 at 3:35ampost #1324 of 159282/22/13 at 3:52amThread StarterQuote:
You can say "Reduce forearm by 1.5 inches"
In general, the instructions can be very specific: Increase the front of the shirt, from 3" below the armpit to the waist by 0.75" and reduce the back of the shirt, 5.5" below the waist to 3.25" above the bottom by 1.75"post #1325 of 159282/22/13 at 10:05am
I have a question for Luxire regarding the making of suit jackets (structured and / or unstructured) for their existing shirt/trouser customers. Will Luxire be able to fabricate suit jackets from their customers known shirt measurements? Or would there be a modicum of additional information required such as what off the rack size they typcially where and from what makers (I've found that an American 40S is not the same as a euro 40S but it is about the same for a British cut 40S).post #1326 of 159282/22/13 at 12:02pmpost #1327 of 159282/22/13 at 12:07pmThread Starterpost #1328 of 159282/22/13 at 12:10pmThread Starterpost #1329 of 159282/22/13 at 1:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by MSchapiro
This would make an awesome jacket: http://custom.luxire.com/products/navy-black-linen
Has anyone made pants with this fabric? Pics?
edit- nevermind, it appears to be a shirting fabric.post #1330 of 159282/22/13 at 1:38pmpost #1331 of 159282/22/13 at 1:43pmpost #1332 of 159282/22/13 at 2:33pmHappy to help, here is the fabric in snowy Finnish sunlight:
From afar is looks like plain light blue, up-close it's a different animal. It's this one on Luxire's site:
I was surprised how strong the weave is, it really does not stretch at all, and yet is open enough to let air flow freely. I'll be writing about the weave soon on my site.post #1333 of 159282/22/13 at 2:37pmpost #1334 of 159282/22/13 at 2:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by luxire
We are glad to announce that we now carry the Royal Collection from Dugdale Brothers. Available here.
100% Wool, 12-13 Oz. Made in England.
Unbelievable introductory prices.
Is Luxire planning on making matching suit jackets from these same materials?? Most the swatches I see on the website look like that would be quite possible if not desirable. I could easily see all three of the ones posted here being a complete suit.post #1335 of 159282/22/13 at 10:58pmThread StarterQuote:
These are 3 of the 51 we added this morning. There are a lot of other fabric options we can offer for suits. For now, we recommend that the customer send us a jacket to copy measurements.
Other options are being worked on.
Edited by luxire - 2/24/13 at 2:11am
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 42 seconds ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Manila Tailor 6 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...