or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 89

post #1321 of 12957
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

Yes, forearm can be made slimmer on request.  Though it is not part of the 10 standard measurements we ask for, you can request the same or for that matter any change to any aspect of the shirt, in the notes.

Is there any way to quantify it like a certain ammount, or do I just type "slimmer forearms" and you'll know what to do?
post #1322 of 12957
Today I received Luxire's chambray shirt, my first made of this fabric. I picked the summer weight one, with no non-iron treatment. Everyone should have one: chambray is smooth, very strong, with an interesting, cool, loose weave. Highly recommended.
post #1323 of 12957
Which color? Would it be possible to get some pictures of the fabric in some nice lightning? Would highly appreciate it as I'm thinking about picking it up.
post #1324 of 12957
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post


Is there any way to quantify it like a certain ammount, or do I just type "slimmer forearms" and you'll know what to do?

You can say "Reduce forearm by 1.5 inches"

 

In general, the instructions can be very specific: Increase the front of the shirt, from 3" below the armpit to the waist by 0.75" and reduce the back of the shirt, 5.5" below the waist to 3.25" above the bottom by 1.75"

post #1325 of 12957

I have a question for Luxire regarding the making of suit jackets (structured and / or unstructured) for their existing shirt/trouser customers. Will Luxire be able to fabricate suit jackets from their customers known shirt measurements? Or would there be a modicum of additional information required such as what off the rack size they typcially where and from what makers (I've found that an American 40S is not the same as a euro 40S but it is about the same for a British cut 40S).   

post #1326 of 12957

Did we have a verdict on more Alumo fabrics coming? ;)

post #1327 of 12957
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post

Did we have a verdict on more Alumo fabrics coming? ;)

 

We will be adding more soon. A big announcement in the next post.

post #1328 of 12957
Thread Starter 

We are glad to announce that we now carry the Royal Collection from Dugdale Brothers. Available here.

 

100% Wool, 12-13 Oz. Made in England.

 

Unbelievable introductory prices.

 

post #1329 of 12957
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post

This would make an awesome jacket: http://custom.luxire.com/products/navy-black-linen

Has anyone made pants with this fabric? Pics?

edit- nevermind, it appears to be a shirting fabric.
post #1330 of 12957
The war green chino fabric is excellent! Sturdy but soft enough to be very comfortable.
post #1331 of 12957
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

Today I received Luxire's chambray shirt, my first made of this fabric. I picked the summer weight one, with no non-iron treatment. Everyone should have one: chambray is smooth, very strong, with an interesting, cool, loose weave. Highly recommended.
while nailing down my measurements, this is part of my must have list , plus cotton/linen offerings
post #1332 of 12957
Happy to help, here is the fabric in snowy Finnish sunlight:

Chambray_cotton_zps3800b9da.jpg
Chambray_cotton2_zpsc29c9c94.jpg
Chambray_cotton3_zps34e39ff8.jpg

From afar is looks like plain light blue, up-close it's a different animal. It's this one on Luxire's site:

http://luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/sky-blue-summer-chambray

I was surprised how strong the weave is, it really does not stretch at all, and yet is open enough to let air flow freely. I'll be writing about the weave soon on my site.
post #1333 of 12957
@VRaivio.... kiitos
I always thought that Chambray always comes in darker denim like shades....baldy[1].gif Noob
post #1334 of 12957
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

We are glad to announce that we now carry the Royal Collection from Dugdale Brothers. Available here.

 

100% Wool, 12-13 Oz. Made in England.

 

Unbelievable introductory prices.

 

Is Luxire planning on making matching suit jackets from these same materials?? Most the swatches I see on the website look like that would be quite possible if not desirable. I could easily see all three of the ones posted here being a complete suit.

post #1335 of 12957
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewmoss View Post

Is Luxire planning on making matching suit jackets from these same materials?? Most the swatches I see on the website look like that would be quite possible if not desirable. I could easily see all three of the ones posted here being a complete suit.


These are 3 of the 51 we added this morning. There are a lot of other fabric options we can offer for suits. For now, we recommend that the customer send us a jacket to copy measurements.

 

Other options are being worked on.


Edited by luxire - 2/24/13 at 2:11am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread