Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBeach Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- brandBespoke Englandtagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Most common style mistakes Last post on 6/18/11 at 4:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt, megacowl shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 85
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1262 of 165222/15/13 at 5:22pmThread StarterQuote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV
Do I understand the options correctly and would you agree the look of the following collar would be best achieved with
Option 1(Should the collar be lined and fused?): Lined and fused
Option 2(Which weight should the interlining have?): Light
Option 3(How stiff should the fusing be?): Soft
I think this question was missed; interested to know the answer as I would like to order some more conservative shirts (white and blue) with a similiar collar.
Hope you dont mind me quoting lois :)
Apologies - The options suggest were so perfect that I thought the answer is being provided too.
Light, fused, soft would be perfect, with no edge stitching on the collar.post #1263 of 165222/15/13 at 6:16pmpost #1264 of 165222/15/13 at 6:20pmThread Starterpost #1265 of 165222/16/13 at 12:15amI just received my Luxire shirt in the mail this week, and though I haven't had an opportunity to wear it yet, I'm very impressed with the way they were able to nail the additional instructions I had for the order which exceeded the available options on the regular UI for shirt orders. Full review will be forthcoming, but for now here's a picture of the soft unfused collar...post #1266 of 165222/16/13 at 12:20ampost #1267 of 165222/16/13 at 2:20ampost #1268 of 165222/16/13 at 8:29ampost #1269 of 165222/16/13 at 10:45amQuote:
Hey there, the collar is unfused and soft, but I did not specify whether it be light or not. Re: TehBunny's post just after mine, it looks like maybe Luxire contacted them and gave them the appropriate terms to use to get that collar? Hope this helps.post #1270 of 165222/16/13 at 10:53amThread StarterQuote:
TehBunny is actually referring to another post, #1264, regarding another collarpost #1271 of 165222/16/13 at 11:21amQuote:
"jchosko, thanks for sharing.
So the lining of said collar is fused and soft, but is it also light?
Or did you not specify the weight?" -- LOUIS XIV
Hey TehBunny, thanks for the congrats. I'll do my best to diversify the cast of characters on there a bit...
Luxire, thanks for clearing up any confusion I might have caused...And to answer the questions above from TehBunny and Louis XIV, the fabric is the Blue Plain Poplin 140/2. I've also pasted the additional notes I included in the order re: the collar and other details not immediately available on the site.
* Other notes:
1) If it's possible, I would like to get a spread collar that has slightly longer leafs than what is shown in your stock English Spread diagram? Something like you see in this image here as worn by the gentleman on the left: http://ethandesu.com/post/40338614802/old-napoli-elegance-alfonso-was-our-host-at-what
2) It wasn't an option, but I'd love 1 button mitered cuffs instead of 2 button ones.
3) Can you please forego any stiff collar linings? I prefer a soft collar whose points may choose to curl up a little of their own volition throughout the course of a day of wear. If necessary, I can always use collar stays to keep the points down.post #1272 of 165222/16/13 at 10:28pmThread Starterpost #1273 of 165222/17/13 at 1:12ampost #1274 of 165222/17/13 at 5:43am
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Meermin Chelsea Boot - sz 10 45 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...