Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBeach Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- brandBespoke Englandtagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Most common style mistakes Last post on 6/18/11 at 4:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Eidos Napoli Last post on Yesterday at 2:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 809
Styleforum Top Picks
Yes I did, I haven't ordered another pair as yet but when I do I'll be requesting a deeper pleat. It feels like the same pattern is used as a flat front but a small pleat is added, which is not the best way to do it. I did invite @luxire to comment at the time but they haven't thus far, perhaps it got lost in the thread. But now we are talking about it Luxire and it's affecting multiple customers can you make some comment on this?
Not sure if it just the picture or me, but the knees look like they are are little low on the legs. I have the same problem with my pants from Luxire and I am not sure how to solve this.
Could anyone contribute with some helpful tips to get the knees in the right place?
I think you might be misunderstanding me. I don't mean the difference between your chest and waist body measurements. Of course that varies enormously from person to person. I mean the difference between the shirt's chest circumference (in the OP's case, 40") and his actual chest body measurement (37") which is 3". Did you follow the link that I posted?
Sorry, me reading to fast – or not reading, I guess.
Thank you for all the comments :)
@Monkeyface that's basically what I did the first time. I took the navy chinos to my local seamstress, had her pin them and take the photographs an then sent them to Theresa. Unfortunately doing more alterations than just tightening the waist and trimming the fabric down along the rear seam would have cost more than a new set of trousers.
How does or would one adjust the curve? I suppose the curve is more of an issue if one has a more prominent buttocks. Still I do own trousers that follow that curve better and have less wrinkles there.
The leg opening on the navy chinos is 19.5cm and on the brown canvas is 19cm, I might specify 20cm on the next pair. That's about the widest any of my trousers are at the ankles except for a few.
@ellsbebc thank you for including Henry Carter
@Henry Carter As previously mentioned, I am not really familiar with pleats. How deep are pleats usually supposed to be? My Luxire pleats are 18mm/ 0.7" deep, which I would have thought to be ample. Perhaps the issue in my case has to do with the very thick canvas fabric that just won't lie flat as it should. I'll know more once I have the bottom wrinkle issue sorted out and a new pair ordered in a lighter fabric.
Still it would be interesting to hear @luxire 's thoughts on this and also yours, should you be ordering a new pair of trousers shortly.
@moopband Like I said, I'm not sure wether it's the navy summer light or the navy twill chino. But the twill is rather smooth to the touch, unlike some swatches I have, where the twill structure is very visible. I'm not quite sure what your dress code is. But I'd say they're suitable anywhere where you can where regular khakis with an open OCBD and a jacket.
@Dingusberry I don't think the knees have anything to do with Luxire specifically. This is a problem I have with pretty much all cotton trousers I wear and can also be observed in my WAYWRN posts. I think my big thighs just tend to stretch out the knee area on slim cut cotton trousers when I'm sitting/ driving/ squatting to tie my laces and this results in wrinkles just below the knees when I'm standing. (they are not really visible if I put on a freshly washed and pressed pair of chinos - until I sit down. And with wool suit trousers I don't really have this problem at all)
how tall is that collar band? very italian of you, but it looks too high for that suit.
shirt fabric looks beautiful
Thank you for all the comments
As previously mentioned, I am not really familiar with pleats. How deep are pleats usually supposed to be? My Luxire pleats are 18mm/ 0.7" deep, which I would have thought to be ample. Perhaps the issue in my case has to do with the very thick canvas fabric that just won't lie flat as it should. I'll know more once I have the bottom wrinkle issue sorted out and a new pair ordered in a lighter fabric.
Still it would be interesting to hear @luxire
's thoughts on this and also yours, should you be ordering a new pair of trousers shortly.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 50 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Re-Ordering Top Quality Mother of Pearl Buttons - Group Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Tie Loafers and Jay Butler Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Source for smoked Mother of Pearl buttons 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...