I'll keep any eye out in this thread for you to announce availability of wool trousers in a formal fabric, something like a 120 or therebaouts.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBeach Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- brandBespoke Englandtagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Most common style mistakes Last post on 6/18/11 at 4:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens: black & camo shorts, t-shirt, megacowl shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 73
Styleforum Top Picks
I too like the unfused version better.
Might be influced by my overall preference for the second shirt though.
Still I think the collars in my pictures look slightly different.
Do you too think the collar tips are even longer?
Also not sure whether the first few collars are fused or unfused.
The one of PG is definitely unfused.
Regarding the shape of the collar, I snapped a couple of pictures comparing the two and you can see that the soft (striped) collar is shaped at a slightly different angle. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
No, it will not affect or alter the provided measurements.
The fit type is for people wanting to order a standard size.
Luxire, Is there a maximum on swatch orders? What is the current price per swatch? Would you consider counting the money spent on swatches as a credit towards future orders? For example, if I order 10 swatches for $10, you would extend a $10 credit toward a purchase of a shirt.
We are still streamlining the swatches process. Currently, they are priced at $1 each, plus shipping. No minimum or maximum. If ordered with another item, shipping of swatches is free.
No store credit is currently provided for ordered swatches.
We do not have a ready "Best-Selling" list. Thank you for sending me on that search. Was a bit surprised to see what I saw. Below is the list of top 5. 3 whites and 2 blues.
Got corozo in white, grey and black. No horn buttons yet. Should arrive in a couple of weeks though. Work in progress.
I was thinking of ordering my first shirt from Luxire, and I mostly use casual shirts so I was thinking of getting, at least firsttly, a OCBD-shirt.
I'm of the impression that unfused collar/cuffs are preferred to fused cuffs/collar when it comes to casual shirts. Is this a correct starting point?
I should add that I would like for Luxire to make the collar somewhat like the Epaulet high-stance collar, if that's possible. I think I read about a member here who did this when ordering a shirt.
Edited by Xtra - 1/27/13 at 10:46am
Not necessarily. Fused don't necessarily look stiff; they just look tidy. Unfused can sort of pull and wrinkle in unattractive ways. I like both but one isn't necessarily better.
I had Luxire make a custom larger collar for me where I specified the back height, point length, etc. and it came out great.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE Jan 30, 2015: A study in stripes, part deux 17 minutes ago
- › DLester's "Official Repository of Things That Are Awful Yet I Like... 18 minutes ago
- › Bespoke suit in Newcastle (UK) 20 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays