or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 73

post #1081 of 13851
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

 

We have one currently available. Expecting delivery of a few heavy flannels in 10 days. Lighter, formal wool will take a bit longer.

I'll keep any eye out in this thread for you to announce availability of wool trousers in a formal fabric, something like a 120 or therebaouts.

post #1082 of 13851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

I too like the unfused version better.
Might be influced by my overall preference for the second shirt though.
Still I think the collars in my pictures look slightly different.
Do you too think the collar tips are even longer?
Also not sure whether the first few collars are fused or unfused.
The one of PG is definitely unfused.

^PM sent.
Regarding the shape of the collar, I snapped a couple of pictures comparing the two and you can see that the soft (striped) collar is shaped at a slightly different angle. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Both of the collars do measure out the same however. Two things that we tweaked quite a bit on the second order (striped shirt) were my neck drop and shoulder slope, so I think the difference in collar angle is a result of that tweaking rather than a miscue on Luxire's part. Regardless, I do like the spread of the soft striped collar more than the fused collar after all. I hope this helps.
-Steve
post #1083 of 13851

Which fabric is that and how do you like it?
 

post #1084 of 13851
If I provide exact shirt measurements on the Custom Measurements option, how does Fit Type affect it? Would it alter my measurements?
post #1085 of 13851
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post

If I provide exact shirt measurements on the Custom Measurements option, how does Fit Type affect it? Would it alter my measurements?

No, it will not affect or alter the provided measurements.

The fit type is for people wanting to order a standard size.
post #1086 of 13851
Luxire, Is there a maximum on swatch orders? What is the current price per swatch? Would you consider counting the money spent on swatches as a credit towards future orders? For example, if I order 10 swatches for $10, you would extend a $10 credit toward a purchase of a shirt.
post #1087 of 13851
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

Luxire, Is there a maximum on swatch orders? What is the current price per swatch? Would you consider counting the money spent on swatches as a credit towards future orders? For example, if I order 10 swatches for $10, you would extend a $10 credit toward a purchase of a shirt.

 

We are still streamlining the swatches process. Currently, they are priced at $1 each, plus shipping. No minimum or maximum. If ordered with another item, shipping of swatches is free.

 

No store credit is currently provided for ordered swatches.

post #1088 of 13851
Hey Luxire; just wondering what your most popular fabrics are (top 3/5) and also do you have any brown horn buttons currently?
post #1089 of 13851
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Hey Luxire; just wondering what your most popular fabrics are (top 3/5) and also do you have any brown horn buttons currently?

 

We do not have a ready "Best-Selling" list. Thank you for sending me on that search. Was a bit surprised to see what I saw. Below is the list of top 5. 3 whites and 2 blues.

 

1. Lustrous Fine White

2. Monti White on White Stripes

3. Warzone White Oxford

4. Classic Blue Oxford

5. Pale Blue Poplin 2/100
 

Got corozo in white, grey and black. No horn buttons yet. Should arrive in a couple of weeks though. Work in progress.

post #1090 of 13851
White on white stripes; didn't expect that on the top 5 smile.gif Also would you say that the 'Lustrous Fine White' is the best white for year round CBD wear? I currently own the Warzone White Oxford and find it too heavy for summer.
post #1091 of 13851

for a casual look, should i go with button down collars or semi spread?

post #1092 of 13851
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post

for a casual look, should i go with button down collars or semi spread?

Button down. Button downs are IMO the right choice whenever you arent wearing a tie.
post #1093 of 13851
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post


Button down. Button downs are IMO the right choice whenever you arent wearing a tie.

okay cool, thanks. 

post #1094 of 13851

I was thinking of ordering my first shirt from Luxire, and I mostly use casual shirts so I was thinking of getting, at least firsttly, a OCBD-shirt.

 

I'm of the impression that unfused collar/cuffs are preferred to fused cuffs/collar when it comes to casual shirts. Is this a correct starting point?

 

I should add that I would like for Luxire to make the collar somewhat like the Epaulet high-stance collar, if that's possible. I think I read about a member here who did this when ordering a shirt.


Edited by Xtra - 1/27/13 at 10:46am
post #1095 of 13851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra View Post

I'm of the impression that unfused collar/cuffs are preferred to fused cuffs/collar when it comes to casual shirts. Is this a correct starting point?

Not necessarily. Fused don't necessarily look stiff; they just look tidy. Unfused can sort of pull and wrinkle in unattractive ways. I like both but one isn't necessarily better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra View Post

I should add that I would like for Luxire to make the collar somewhat like the Epaulet high-stance collar, if that's possible. I think I read about a member here who did this when ordering a shirt.

I had Luxire make a custom larger collar for me where I specified the back height, point length, etc. and it came out great.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread