or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 69

post #1021 of 11572
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

The high end vs. low end Monti discussion is interesting.

 

The Navy Sky Tattersall is Monti Prince Rose Collection priced @129.99 vs. Light Sky Tattersall  Monti Prince Rose Collection priced @79.99

 

The White with Navy Grid is even premium collection priced @99.99

 

White With Blue Stripes: Another premium collection priced @99.99
 

But Lavender White Stripes and Green White Stripes - Both Prince Rose are 59.99

 

These are all "high-end Monti" - Still the prices are varied and different.


So why the price difference between the two prince rose fabrics?

post #1022 of 11572
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

As I've mentioned before, Luxire is the only unknown company that came to the forum to advertise that I thought I'd try myself. Most (2-3 per day?) are so bad they get spaminated.

There are better shirtmakers out in the world (like $1,000+ Alex K, $700+ Charvet, $400+ Anna M, and others), but of the many I know of and the dozen or so I've tried, Luxire easily has the best value. Moreover, they aspire to be the world's best period, so they're constantly learning. There are of course concerns w/ any online mtm, the main ones include not getting your measurements right, forgetting to specify a detail or two that you assumed would be as you've normally had it from rtw or other sources (button size is one example), or liking a fabric more in pictures than in person. But none of these can be blamed on the maker. And all of them are still concerns with true bespoke at really high prices. No one's perfect. I've had much more expensive makers in HK, the US, England, and Italy make mistakes. Sometimes the fabric company sends fabric very different from a swatch. Sometimes a detail is forgotten by the maker. Sometimes I forget a detail.

+1
post #1023 of 11572
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post


So why the price difference between the two prince rose fabrics?


There are many factors - the primary being the design itself. Some colors and style move faster than others. The mill and the dealers price the items accordingly. They are made for completeness of collection. And are beautiful. But a lot of people do not like to see themselves in those colors.

 

Even in a collection, fabrics are made of varied composition and each of those affect the price. That plays a role too.

post #1024 of 11572
Just got my shirt jacket!

Great work, Arnaud and team... it looks and fits great!
post #1025 of 11572
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

Just got my shirt jacket!

Great work, Arnaud and team... it looks and fits great!

Hurrah we can be shirt jacket brothers! Even better since ur Aussie too :P
post #1026 of 11572
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post


There are many factors - the primary being the design itself. Some colors and style move faster than others. The mill and the dealers price the items accordingly. They are made for completeness of collection. And are beautiful. But a lot of people do not like to see themselves in those colors.

 

Even in a collection, fabrics are made of varied composition and each of those affect the price. That plays a role too.


Thanks for the reply. That is actually really interesting. Had no idea some patterns would cost more to make then others.

post #1027 of 11572
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post


Thanks for the reply. That is actually really interesting. Had no idea some patterns would cost more to make then others.


If everything else is the same and the color is different, then the cost of making may not be too different, but the price may still be.

 

But, 2 fabrics, having the same exact pattern can vary immensely in cost depending on how they are made and finished.


Edited by luxire - 1/21/13 at 7:16am
post #1028 of 11572
Here are some fit pics of my last shirt, which I think has the following problems:

1. The collar is too high and the shirt collars are far too large.
2. Everything could be slimmed down just a bit throughout (lost some weight recently)
3. Sleeves are too long.

What else?


post #1029 of 11572
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

Here are some fit pics of my last shirt, which I think has the following problems:

1. The collar is too high and the shirt collars are far too large.
2. Everything could be slimmed down just a bit throughout (lost some weight recently)
3. Sleeves are too long.

What else?


 

I think your pants are too high shog[1].gif

post #1030 of 11572

I would wait the day or two it takes to have someone else take the photos of you, then repost with them in the standard poses you see people post here when asking for fit advice. Your observations aren't necessarily off, but it is just too difficult to give better/specific feedback with the arm extended for self-photo shots and with no shots of the back. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

Here are some fit pics of my last shirt, which I think has the following problems:

1. The collar is too high and the shirt collars are far too large.
2. Everything could be slimmed down just a bit throughout (lost some weight recently)
3. Sleeves are too long.

What else?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


 
post #1031 of 11572

There's no physical location I can go to to get myself measured, is there? I see on the website that the parent company is located in Jersey City, NJ, and there's an office in Edison.  Both are manageable trips for me to make if that's an option.  I don't trust myself at all to measure myself accurately...

post #1032 of 11572
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

Here are some fit pics of my last shirt, which I think has the following problems:

1. The collar is too high and the shirt collars are far too large.
2. Everything could be slimmed down just a bit throughout (lost some weight recently)
3. Sleeves are too long.

What else?



did you request a 2 button collar?
if yes? then it is not too tall.. If you did not, then someone made a mistake.

yes, it is too large and the collar is way too spread to be worn with out a tie.

the shirt fits you very well.
I would not make it much smaller.
i would guess you spend some time in the gym lifting?
has the shirt been washed?
if you make the sleeve too short, then they will get caught on your forearms when you reach for something.
post #1033 of 11572
Posted some newer pics for a bit more critique. I think it could be slightly slimmer at mid-waist, and the back is off. I do lift quite a bit.

I did request a two button collar, because I do like my collars a bit higher than standard, but this is probably too much, so may request an offset 2 button collar where the buttons are diagonal and the collar is just slightly oversized from their English collar.










post #1034 of 11572
Nice fit, but could be a little wider around the chest.
post #1035 of 11572
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

Posted some newer pics for a bit more critique. I think it could be slightly slimmer at mid-waist, and the back is off. I do lift quite a bit.

I did request a two button collar, because I do like my collars a bit higher than standard, but this is probably too much, so may request an offset 2 button collar where the buttons are diagonal and the collar is just slightly oversized from their English collar. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










If you want useful feedback, you should:

1) Launder the shirt
2) Button the collar so we can see how it fits
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread