New to the forum here (though have been lurking for a few weeks). You gents seem like a great resource and I wanted to ask your opinion on getting a few additional pairs of shoes.
Some background (not sure if all of this is relevant):
-Typical dress: Business casual, may wear a suit with or without tie roughly once per week (e.g., to meet with clients)
-I have flat/wider feet
-Current shoes: 1) Ferragamo LO black cap toe blucher--EE size (http://www.ferragamo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategories_31150_35551#/product/27661/6148914691233337725/448496)
2) Silvano Sassetti brown cap toe balmoral (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/DSC_0272.jpg)
I am looking to pick up some additional shoes to add to my rotation--in varying colors/brands. Any suggestions on where to go from here?
-Budget: $500 - $600 (or less) per pair
-I've taken a look at AEs (albeit briefly, and only a few times) but didn't find anything that immediately struck my fancy
-I am thinking additional non-black shoes (e.g., another brown, a slate similar in color to this: http://theshoebuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Magnanni-Whiteney-Oxford.jpg)
Thanks in advance for your perspectives!
Edit: Ended up here. Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions, folks. Cut from a post further down...
- Santoni captoe with some broguing--blucher--in a merlot (reddish brown). I kind of regret this purchase.
- C&J Chadwick 2 single monk--in Chestnut (like a merlot). It's a cool shoe and I'm getting more into monks. Might look into a double monk later on.
- EG Malvern 82 last in Dark Oak
- G&G St. James TG73 last in Vintage Cherry
- John Lobb Hutton in Parisian Museum Brown
- G&G Cambridge DG70 last in Vintage Rioja
Edited by thewral - 7/17/12 at 7:46pm