Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 12/14/14 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
- Charcoal Suit - Color of Shoes? Last post on 9/1/12 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread - Page 4
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 5466/21/12 at 8:15ampost #48 of 5466/21/12 at 8:17ampost #49 of 5466/21/12 at 8:43am
Here is some info for anyone interested in the MTM program:
I currently sell suits and sportcoats in the NY/NJ area (and in Los Angeles every few months). I have a wide variety of cloth from mills such as Guabello, Reda, Ariston, Loro Piana, VBC, etc.
The price for MTM suits starts at $650 for standard make (similar to Canali or Hickey Freeman) and $850 for hand made (nicer than Isaia, very close to RLPL). The suits in the galleries are all hand made. I'll post some pictures of a standard make suit soon.
I've sold suits in all price ranges but most tend to be around $995 - $1100 because people wisely choose the hand-made model with Italian fabrics. There is definitely cheaper MTM out there but one would be very hard pressed to find similar quality and workmanship in this price range.
I have three galleries of suit pictures linked in my signature.post #50 of 5466/21/12 at 3:08pmpost #51 of 5466/21/12 at 3:27pmpost #52 of 5466/21/12 at 4:27pmQuote:
Yessir. I can also copy a suit but it is not the same.Quote:
Thanks! The prices will go to where they should be when the shoes arrive. The benchgrade shoes will be here in about a month. The handgrade shoes will be here in late August.
Edited by AnGeLiCbOrIs - 6/21/12 at 8:22pmpost #53 of 5466/21/12 at 8:48pmpost #54 of 5466/21/12 at 11:24pmpost #55 of 5466/22/12 at 2:51am
I really like the black and dark brown calf Benchgrade Oxfords. At that price point, they compete with the Meermin classic, Loake 1880s and AE. It will be good when people have the opportunity to order and wear the shoe to provide a comparison against other shoes which sit within that price tier.
For work, I will probably stick to low-end tier i.e. £200. The difficulty at this price range is finding a shoe that isn't too traditional, chunky or black in a last that I like. The dark brown calf Benchgrade Oxfords help alleviate this problem, alongside the AE Cliftons.
All the best with your new venture!
post #56 of 5466/22/12 at 3:27pmpost #57 of 5466/22/12 at 3:46pmQuote:
I can do a special order with Dainite or a Diamond rubber sole if there is enough interest.post #58 of 5466/22/12 at 3:51pmThis half lined summer sportcoat just arrived for a Styleforum customer. I am really happy with how it turned out. (My nerdy favorite part is the perfect chest pocket.)
Hand made. 75% wool, 25% linen. 250 gram. Half lined. Narrow lapels. Patch pockets.
Edited by AnGeLiCbOrIs - 6/24/12 at 3:57pmpost #59 of 5466/22/12 at 5:29pm
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › 3 button suits really out of style? 10 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Mki Black Classic Varsity Jacket Black size M 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...