Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 1:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 1:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread - Page 4
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 5576/21/12 at 8:15ampost #48 of 5576/21/12 at 8:17ampost #49 of 5576/21/12 at 8:43am
Here is some info for anyone interested in the MTM program:
I currently sell suits and sportcoats in the NY/NJ area (and in Los Angeles every few months). I have a wide variety of cloth from mills such as Guabello, Reda, Ariston, Loro Piana, VBC, etc.
The price for MTM suits starts at $650 for standard make (similar to Canali or Hickey Freeman) and $850 for hand made (nicer than Isaia, very close to RLPL). The suits in the galleries are all hand made. I'll post some pictures of a standard make suit soon.
I've sold suits in all price ranges but most tend to be around $995 - $1100 because people wisely choose the hand-made model with Italian fabrics. There is definitely cheaper MTM out there but one would be very hard pressed to find similar quality and workmanship in this price range.
I have three galleries of suit pictures linked in my signature.post #50 of 5576/21/12 at 3:08pmpost #51 of 5576/21/12 at 3:27pmpost #52 of 5576/21/12 at 4:27pmQuote:
Yessir. I can also copy a suit but it is not the same.Quote:
Thanks! The prices will go to where they should be when the shoes arrive. The benchgrade shoes will be here in about a month. The handgrade shoes will be here in late August.
Edited by AnGeLiCbOrIs - 6/21/12 at 8:22pmpost #53 of 5576/21/12 at 8:48pmpost #54 of 5576/21/12 at 11:24pmpost #55 of 5576/22/12 at 2:51am
I really like the black and dark brown calf Benchgrade Oxfords. At that price point, they compete with the Meermin classic, Loake 1880s and AE. It will be good when people have the opportunity to order and wear the shoe to provide a comparison against other shoes which sit within that price tier.
For work, I will probably stick to low-end tier i.e. £200. The difficulty at this price range is finding a shoe that isn't too traditional, chunky or black in a last that I like. The dark brown calf Benchgrade Oxfords help alleviate this problem, alongside the AE Cliftons.
All the best with your new venture!
post #56 of 5576/22/12 at 3:27pmpost #57 of 5576/22/12 at 3:46pmQuote:
I can do a special order with Dainite or a Diamond rubber sole if there is enough interest.post #58 of 5576/22/12 at 3:51pmThis half lined summer sportcoat just arrived for a Styleforum customer. I am really happy with how it turned out. (My nerdy favorite part is the perfect chest pocket.)
Hand made. 75% wool, 25% linen. 250 gram. Half lined. Narrow lapels. Patch pockets.
Edited by AnGeLiCbOrIs - 6/24/12 at 3:57pmpost #59 of 5576/22/12 at 5:29pm
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Recent purchases - Part II 36 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › [[LOVE]] MARRIAGE E x p e r T(( +91-9799005597)) VaShIKArAN... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › [[LOVE]] MARRIAGE E x p e r T(( +91-9799005597)) VaShIKArAN... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...