or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Jiro Dreams of Collars
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jiro Dreams of Collars - Page 2

post #16 of 40
Thread Starter 

post #17 of 40
FWIW, I recently showed Chang a photo of a collar I wanted copied and they said they could easily do it. The results have yet to be seen, since I haven't received the shirt yet, but I'd suggest just taking the photo to their shop and asking if they can have it replicated. If it doesn't work out, they can always swap the collar out for one of their standard models, so that you don't have to waste the body of the shirt.

I assume Carl can do it as well off that photo.
post #18 of 40
i didnt quite understand what it was that he did to constantly improve himself. the only things that i remember mentioned was cooking to octopus just before serving and the marinade of the anago
post #19 of 40
Thread Starter 

MOAR from The Armoury Crew

 

post #20 of 40
Reviving this thread with a question:

What would you call a collar with the following characteristics:

The leafs and band are constructed from a single piece of a fabric that is folded at the crease, but the entire collar itself is sewn onto the shirt and not a continuous piece of the shirt body fabric.

Essentially this collar sewn onto a shirt body:




Would it be called a Capri collar, Italian, One-piece, camp?


I'm asking for clarification because most of the collars shown in this thread like Vox's are those in which the shirt body and collar leafs are constructed from a single piece of a fabric.

post #21 of 40
Thread Starter 

I finally did it guys.  AREN'T YOU SO PROUD OF ME YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

 

In all honesty, it turned out exactly how I wanted it to.  Pretty much a straight copy of good 'ol Jiro.

 

post #22 of 40
That looks nice. Ascot Chang?
post #23 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhilla View Post

I finally did it guys.  AREN'T YOU SO PROUD OF ME YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

In all honesty, it turned out exactly how I wanted it to.  Pretty much a straight copy of good 'ol Jiro.



I like that waistband on the trousers, but can I ask -- does it effectively make it impossible to wear a dress belt with those pants? I've been thinking about asking for something similar on some trousers I'm hoping to have made, but am unsure if it will just mean I can never wear a belt.

(I assume the height of that waistband is much taller than what's traditionally done).
post #24 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric View Post

That looks nice. Ascot Chang?

 

Yep, Ascot does a pretty awesome one piece.

post #25 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post


I like that waistband on the trousers, but can I ask -- does it effectively make it impossible to wear a dress belt with those pants? I've been thinking about asking for something similar on some trousers I'm hoping to have made, but am unsure if it will just mean I can never wear a belt.

(I assume the height of that waistband is much taller than what's traditionally done).

 

Hey D, that loop is actually just a single loop to hold the extended waistband, so yeah I can't really wear a belt with these.  They fit well at the waist though, so I can ditch the suspenders if need be.  The waistband is actually only a little bit taller than what I've found in most rtw (these are Ambrosi's house style).

post #26 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhilla View Post

Hey D, that loop is actually just a single loop to hold the extended waistband, so yeah I can't really wear a belt with these.  They fit well at the waist though, so I can ditch the suspenders if need be.  The waistband is actually only a little bit taller than what I've found in most rtw (these are Ambrosi's house style).

Oh, I didn't even notice the single belt loop.

Assuming there were more belt loops, is the height of the waistband so tall that a regular 1.25" dress belt would look out of place, you think?

(Though, on second thought, I guess then you'd have the awkwardness of empty belt loops)
post #27 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post


Oh, I didn't even notice the single belt loop.

Assuming there were more belt loops, is the height of the waistband so tall that a regular 1.25" dress belt would look out of place, you think?

(Though, on second thought, I guess then you'd have the awkwardness of empty belt loops)

 

No I don't think so, it measures 1.75 inches on my pair and the same on another sample pair with belt loops, so I think it would be fine.

 

Jeff

post #28 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhilla View Post

Yep, Ascot does a pretty awesome one piece.

Looks great, do you know what lining was used in the collar; medium or softer lining? Looks like it's holding its shape, height and roll nicely.
post #29 of 40
Looking sharp, Jeff. I like the idea of a one piece BD collar. The end result makes me think "louche American businessman on holiday in Capri." Though I must ask... what gives with the clip-ons? Y'all killing me with that noise.
post #30 of 40
Love the shirt, but agree on the clip-ons. It seems to be an Armory / #menswear thing, but it just appears juvenile to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Jiro Dreams of Collars