• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gordon Yao

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know what prices his suits start at? I've read that he does all of Ascot Changs suits is itstill true. Should I go to Ascot Chang or to Gordon?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gordon does all of Ascot Chiang' suits so far as I know - he travels with them once a year to the States in the autumn. In HK you would go to his shop at the Royal Garden Hotel in TST.

Depending upon Exchange Rates his suits begin at abut £550 but you would be better calling. His work is entirely hand made bespoke, fully canvassed and similar if not better than Chan. He does not indulge in the 'rag trade' end of the market - touts for which can be seen about the streets on it small shops with bolts of cloth about the walls but no knowledge on the floor.

solomonkey

Reaction score
Thought I'd revive this thread rather than starting a new one.

Has anyone got a suit from Gordon recently? What price range are we looking at now? say for a VBC 120s suit?

I presume his workmanship is still comparable to Chan's.

Thanks a lot!

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got one about a month ago when I was in HK. Workmanship is better than chan in my opinion. Prices start at $900. I picked a scabal fabric and it costs $1400.

I will try to get some pics up.

solomonkey

Reaction score
Do you know if Yao's specialized in a specific cut or he can pretty much do what you tell him to? I'm looking for something like what Paul Smith offers (I presume that's English cut, pls pardon my ignorance cuz I've just started to learn about suits in this forum and this is going to be my first bespoke suit). Do you think Yao can do something like that? What's his "house cut"?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I told him I prefer the italian look and he made it that way. It seems to me that he can do various styles and he will be on tour.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's going to tour? Do you know where?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folows the same tour schedule as Ascot chang

June 4-10 in NY at the Peninsula Hotel
June 12 in Philadelphia at Sheraton Philadelphia city Center
June 14-15 in Washington DC the Madison Hotel
June 17 in Dallas the Westin Galleria
June 19-20 in Chicago Fairmont Hotel
June 22-23 in Los angeles at the Peninsula Hotel
June 25-26 in San Francisco Fairmont Hotel

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you know how I can go about contacting him to make an appt? I couldn't find any sort of website for him or anything.

olemungu

Reaction score
I contacted Ascot Chang and they said they will be making appointments. I contacted them at [email protected] . Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when he is in the US his cell # is 848-468-0697

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, dragon8. SuitingStyle, I plan to ask Gordon Yao if he does CMT as that's the only reason I'm not using Chan.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, I think I will to visit him in early June when he comes to town .......
sounds like his price maybe in line with Chan's price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads