or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Are these lapels too wide? :S
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are these lapels too wide? :S

post #1 of 34
Thread Starter 
Don't post here much but here goes...

Im buying a new suit and it seems like all the rage these days is narrow lapel etc, but im considering these item but im not sure if the lapels are too wide and might look bad? would I still be able to wear skinny ties with this suit and not look like a clown?

pic:

http://www.oxfordshop.com.au/media/products/R1292.0802_1.jpg

not sure how to embed images on this forum sorry
post #2 of 34
No, the lapels aren't too wide. The gorge and button stance are kind of high, though.
post #3 of 34
If anything these lapels are too skinny. How about you solve your problem by just wearing real ties?
post #4 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

If anything these lapels are too skinny. How about you solve your problem by just wearing real ties?

but if i were to wear a skinny black tie with this jacket would it still match/look appropriate? or would it look bad to the extent that I look like a clueless moron with no taste or fashion sense? (even though I am lol)
post #5 of 34
You will look no worse than anyone else wearing a skinny tie.
post #6 of 34
Ah... the Joel McHale look. Not a fan.
post #7 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

Ah... the Joel McHale look. Not a fan.

What is this in reference to? The colour combo in general or the tie/lapel width combo?
post #8 of 34
Skinny lapels aren't fashionable at all, and they look mean, flaccid, and lifeless. A wide lapel with a soft roll has grace, vivacity, and is of course (tautologically) generous.
post #9 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post

Skinny lapels aren't fashionable at all, and they look mean, flaccid, and lifeless. A wide lapel with a soft roll has grace, vivacity, and is of course (tautologically) generous.

would you say the jacket I posted has "wide" lapels or "normal" lapels?
post #10 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post

Skinny lapels aren't fashionable at all, and they look mean, flaccid, and lifeless. A wide lapel with a soft roll has grace, vivacity, and is of course (tautologically) generous.

Would you say the lapels of the jacket I posted are considered "wide" or are they somewhere in between wide and narrow?
post #11 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyokushin1 View Post

Would you say the lapels of the jacket I posted are considered "wide" or are they somewhere in between wide and narrow?

They're definitely not wide. As I said before, they're slightly towards the narrow side of medium. What size are you?
post #12 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

They're definitely not wide. As I said before, they're slightly towards the narrow side of medium. What size are you?

suit size? 100
post #13 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyokushin1 View Post

suit size? 100

100? wtf? is this entire thread a joke?
post #14 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

They're definitely not wide. As I said before, they're slightly towards the narrow side of medium.
Only Hedi Slimane could disagree with this answer. Definitely not wide.
post #15 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

100? wtf? is this entire thread a joke?

you'll need to explain to me what seems so ludicrous, im a complete suit noob sorry.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Are these lapels too wide? :S