There are existing plain-toe, cap-toe, wing-tip options, which is why I would like to see a medallion cap-toe as I am not familiar with this makeup in Alden. If there is one, could someone please direct me to it?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE? Last post on 10/26/12 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden 404 Indy Kudu 8D (Fits 8.5D) New In Box (June 13 Final Drop for Quick Sale) Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- Alden Cigar Shell Chukkas 8EEE worn 8-9 times, FREE SHIPPING Last post on 10/30/11 at 5:02pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- How to protect suede boots. Last post on 9/21/11 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC - Page 7post #91 of 4806/13/12 at 8:44ampost #92 of 4806/13/12 at 8:46amThread Starter
Alright so let me address some questions and concerns.Quote:Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
Hate to be Debbie Downer, but I think we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves on the color 4. It is great if it is possible, but I think we really need two other options because color 4 really doesn't seem likely considering you need clear shells and they don't even have enough to produce for the demand of ravello and whiskey.
Yes, this is a rare makeup and may not be possible. Especially considering the number of people that want in, though that may decrease come pre-order payment/commitment time. I have plans to start talks on another makeup (or 2 if we want) as backups that I can present to Kathy. The 2 "backup" makeups to the #4 boot will have to be fully designed before I bring them to Kathy though as I want to appear dedicated to a design and not wishy-washy with tons of variations and options. We can start discussing the 1st backup design now; I just wanted to hold off on designing two boots at a time to avoid confusion and so we could put out a focused effort towards the #4 boot.Quote:Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I'm down for a #4 boot...for me all eyelets is a must. I like the idea of a captoe, between the Epaulet makeups and the WT boots from TSM, this would be something a bit unique. I personally like the barrie last, but would not be put off if it were on another. I do feel that the Plaza is a bit to elongated a look for most non-bal boots. Has anyone spoken to Kathy yet? I feel like we've had this conversation about #4 in the MTO thread and Mike said the leather was just to scarce. Maybe Kathy has a hook up?
After the vote, I kind of skimmed the rest of the posts, is there an alternate shell we can go with if #4 is out? Whiskey?
I have spoken to Joe and Chey (I still dont know if that is how its spelled) and was told that out of the shells that are available #4 may be a viable option, although Kathy is going to have to confirm everything once she returns from leave. If #4 is impossible I have planned to keep the design intact and ask Kathy if we can just swap the shell color with another, such as Whiskey. Then I will bring that info to everyone and see whom is still on board.Quote:Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
I had a brief conversation with Kathy last week about doing a boot like that, however, she seemed hesitant because she already produces a cap toe boot in cigar on the grant last. She did say she would seriously consider doing a plain toe though if there were enough interested.
I do like the whiskey idea if the color 4 doesn't come to fruition.
Commando/double waterlock sole
360 degree flat welt
Any other thoughts on this? I think this would be quite unique, as I have never seen such a whiskey boot.
If she cannot do color 4 in a cap toe due to stocking too many cap toes already and can switch to a plain toe #4 boot I will bring that info to everyone and again we can see who is still on board with that idea.
If you havent voted on the poll yet please do so, I will be counting the results on Sunday and that will be our finalized #4 boot that I will present to Kathy.
Thanks again everyone,
-Nickpost #93 of 4806/13/12 at 8:55ampost #94 of 4806/13/12 at 9:14amThread Starter
So I was informed by CHRK33 that I should be using Google docs to set up the voting poll that way I can turn over the data to Kathy directly and can have everyone's sizes right there for easy ordering. CHRK333 will be making this doc as I have to go into meetings today and he should have it up soon. It will be more comprehensive and much more put together. The poll I created was made out of haste and needed cleaning up. I will try to get it up as soon as possible for everyone to make their selections on the #4 primary boot. Thanks again everyone.post #95 of 4806/13/12 at 10:24ampost #96 of 4806/13/12 at 10:32amThread Starter
I just got off the phone with Joe at Alden DC. He said Kathy would be back in the store the final week in June, so we will have to wait until then for confirmation but he seemed enthusiastic about a #4 boot. After(if) Kathy gives the go ahead on the #4 boot she will then submit it to Alden where they will review the order and say yes or no to the design. I expect she would hear from Alden a week or two after she submits the order for approval so around early/mid July. I agree that an extra wait would be well worth a #4 boot.post #97 of 4806/13/12 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by 0waterbouys
I just got off the phone with Joe at Alden DC. He said Kathy would be back in the store the final week in June, so we will have to wait until then for confirmation but he seemed enthusiastic about a #4 boot. After(if) Kathy gives the go ahead on the #4 boot she will then submit it to Alden where they will review the order and say yes or no to the design. I expect she would hear from Alden a week or two after she submits the order for approval so around early/mid July. I agree that an extra wait would be well worth a #4 boot.
Just helping out waterbouys with putting together a Google Docs voting form. Sorry to have everyone re-submit, but please use the following voting form for the Alden DC x Styleforum exclusive #4 boot, which will be more straightforward and easier to tabulate results. If you have any problems with the form, let me know.
Thanks and let's get this ball rolling...
Alden DC #4 Bootpost #98 of 4806/13/12 at 11:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Alcibiades
I know this is totally against the grain, but is anyone interested in either a color 8 or whiskey shortwing on the Aberdeen last with blind eyelets, single leather sole, flat welt, close heel, etc? Basically similar to this shoe:
yes!post #99 of 4806/13/12 at 11:34ami would be down for this swell:
Alden DC x Styleforum #4 Boot
Voting form for a MTO #4 Shell Cordovan boot to be commissioned with Alden DC. Please vote for your preferences below.
Once the makeup style is determined (particularly last), the form will be recirculated so you can identify your Styleforum username, email address and size. Thanks.
#4 Shell Cordovan
Boot Style *
Captoe (if you choose this option, please answer the next question re: captoe style)
Choose One if you selected cap-toe as your preference above
Punched captoe with toe medallion
Punched captoe with no toe medallion
Straight captoe with toe medallion
Straight captoe with no toe medallion
360 Reverse/Storm Welt
Closed heel flat welt
Double waterlock Sole
Edge Trim *
Pull Tab *
No preferencepost #100 of 4806/13/12 at 12:04pmpost #101 of 4806/13/12 at 12:07pmQuote:
Here are some photos of a Leathersoul makeup. Pretty spectacular, I would say.
http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2010/11/22/alden-shoes-4x4-ptb-lsw/post #102 of 4806/13/12 at 12:50pmpost #103 of 4806/13/12 at 2:04pmpost #104 of 4806/13/12 at 4:41pmpost #105 of 4806/13/12 at 4:48pmThread StarterReturn Home
- Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Hiro Yanagimachi L33 Split toe derby, medium brown, UK10 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Cigars 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 7 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts