or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC - Page 4

post #46 of 476

I've never tried the Grant, but pics of it look sleek and I'll try it if it means a #4 boot that will happen and not sell out in my size like the Shoemart WTB did in blink. Sizing same as Barrie/TB/Mod? Whats the overall difference (apart from obvious heal width)? 

post #47 of 476
Thread Starter 

Awesome post CTYGGG! All great Ideas, I especially love the dover. I wish we could do one in Ravello though. I'll take all these styles that have been posted and see what DC will match them with

shell wise. I.e. Can we get a #4 six eyelet chukka? Thats obviously just an example but I will see what they are keen on doing with us. I'm sure something will stick. But as of now it looks like the consensus is on a #4 cap toe boot. I can't say I am not excited biggrin.gif

post #48 of 476
hello all. please count me in for any MTO in color #4 as well!
post #49 of 476
i say consensus is #4 wingtip boot so far wink.gif although I would enjoy a #4 swb as well.
post #50 of 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post

Awesome post CTYGGG! All great Ideas, I especially love the dover. I wish we could do one in Ravello though. I'll take all these styles that have been posted and see what DC will match them with

shell wise. I.e. Can we get a #4 six eyelet chukka? Thats obviously just an example but I will see what they are keen on doing with us. I'm sure something will stick. But as of now it looks like the consensus is on a #4 cap toe boot. I can't say I am not excited biggrin.gif

 

6 eye chukka sounds interesting as well.  I love the look of a chukka but the two or three eye options do not secure my heel well enough...  I'd also be happy with just about any Cigar make up.

post #51 of 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc9 View Post

I've never tried the Grant, but pics of it look sleek and I'll try it if it means a #4 boot that will happen and not sell out in my size like the Shoemart WTB did in blink. Sizing same as Barrie/TB/Mod? Whats the overall difference (apart from obvious heal width)? 

I have owned a decent amount of the lasts - including a bunch of Barrie's (got rid of my last one as you know wink.gif ). I measure out as a 9D on the Brannock Device, with a narrower heel, slightly wider forefoot, low arch/instep.

Alden Aberdeen - 9D
These fit quite well, the instep is not extremely high which IMO works well for a pair of loafers. I'd say they run a tad long.

Alden Plaza - 9D
These are probably my favorite; the chiseled look and all day comfort. These fit like a glove, with my heel secured without any discomfort. I want to say they have a lower instep too as they work pretty well for me. Alden of Carmel says they run long but I think the Grant and Aberdeen run a tiny bit longer IMO.

Alden Trubalance - 8.5D
Like the Barrie, they run .5 size big but the forefoot/ball area is even more comfortable. Since they were intended to be Orthopedic, it works well for people with a flatter/splayed foot as the toes get plenty of room. Heel is not AS wide as the Barrie. Would work well with thicker socks. Super comfy - I've owned nearly 4 pairs of Indy's, one pair was dedicated for hiking/camping in... love that Thomas Heel. (Though it can be too much support for some people)

Alden Barrie - 8.5D
My least favorite fit; so vague and not much character. The instep is relatively high (if not very), which works terribly for my low instep and arch. The heel is very wide as many have said and the forefoot area is wide but seems to taper and crowds my pinky toes.

Alden Grant - 9D
The Grant seems like a great boot last, compared the the Plaza, they are looser overall. Recommended TTS, they are surprisingly wide - because of this I think they will work better with slightly thicker socks (I had been wearing dress socks across the board). The heel is wider than Plaza. Overall a comfortable last; the Plaza is for people who prefer a snugger fit IMO.

Hope this helps you guys, feel free to chime in.

Edit: read more here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/304002/a-guide-shoes-for-flatter-feet-narrow-heels-etc
Edited by david3558 - 6/12/12 at 5:44pm
post #52 of 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by trig View Post

i say consensus is #4 wingtip boot so far wink.gif although I would enjoy a #4 swb as well.

I agree with this...Looking at the posts so far, it seems the consensus is the #4 wingtip boot on Grant last with antique edgetrim. We should agree on welt and sole options as well.
post #53 of 476
CTYGG, great post and great ideas.

In addition to the #4 wingtip boot, maybe a second makeup in cigar could be put together as well. I am confident we could get enough people for a 2nd makeup if Kathy was interested -- I think the Cigar tanker boot or cigar nassau PTB with brass eyelets and antique edgetrim would both be spectacular.

0waterbouys, just a suggestion (as I have gone the MTO route with Epaulet and a couple other retailers), it will be easier for you to get sufficient interest if you present Kathy with a fully realized makeup as opposed to presenting a series of options. It also shows that we are serious about putting this together and have thought about the options. Just a suggestion. Thanks for taking the lead.
post #54 of 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by trig View Post

i say consensus is #4 wingtip boot so far wink.gif although I would enjoy a #4 swb as well.

Would like a swb as well, color 4 is so rich. Need more people on captoe route though, already got the wingtips
post #55 of 476
Assuming a #4 boot would go through - what would we be looking at price-wise?

(Vote for #4 cap toe boot on Grant - antique edgetrim)
post #56 of 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Assuming a #4 boot would go through - what would we be looking at price-wise?
(Vote for #4 cap toe boot on Grant - antique edgetrim)

+1 to your vote. I'd say pricing would be $675-$715 or so
post #57 of 476
By my unscientific count, it seems to be 6 votes for wingtip and 5 for the captoe version in #4. With a host of others happy with either style in #4.
post #58 of 476
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

CTYGG, great post and great ideas.
In addition to the #4 wingtip boot, maybe a second makeup in cigar could be put together as well. I am confident we could get enough people for a 2nd makeup if Kathy was interested -- I think the Cigar tanker boot or cigar nassau PTB with brass eyelets and antique edgetrim would both be spectacular.
0waterbouys, just a suggestion (as I have gone the MTO route with Epaulet and a couple other retailers), it will be easier for you to get sufficient interest if you present Kathy with a fully realized makeup as opposed to presenting a series of options. It also shows that we are serious about putting this together and have thought about the options. Just a suggestion. Thanks for taking the lead.

 

I plan on presenting Kathy with 2 makeups. If she can do both and we have a sufficient number of people willing to pre-order then awesome, that's the route we'll go. If she only wants to do one then I will talk to her about our primary/backup plans. Regardless of her decision I will inform everyone that has expressed interest which shoe we have ended up going with. Most of the posts have claimed allegiance to a color #4 boot regardless of wingtip or cap toe. It seems that we have our primary makeup in the #4 boot though, and I agree with your earlier post that we should lock in a welt and sole option as well as a toe (wingtip vs cap toe.)

So, lets narrow down those options. Please post your preferences for a toe, welt, and sole. I'll post my preference first to start things off. If you could post your choices in this format it would really help me organize all of your thoughts and wants. Thanks!

 

Toe: Cap toe (no medallion)


Welt: 360 welt

 

Sole/Heel: Double waterlock, or double leather sole. Dovetail heel

Trim: Antique edge
 

 

If you have remain undecided on any of these options then whichever wins the majority will be what is finalized. Thanks again!

 


Edited by 0waterbouys - 6/12/12 at 6:57pm
post #59 of 476
Count me in for # 4 in either a wingtip or captoe.
post #60 of 476

Edited - See later post...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC