And what would be their versions or ravello/cigar? (Cognac and Dark brown?)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE? Last post on 10/26/12 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden 404 Indy Kudu 8D (Fits 8.5D) New In Box (June 13 Final Drop for Quick Sale) Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- Alden Cigar Shell Chukkas 8EEE worn 8-9 times, FREE SHIPPING Last post on 10/30/11 at 5:02pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- How to protect suede boots. Last post on 9/21/11 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC - Page 30
OK the MTO being talked of has similarities to this Alden for Jcrew boot so.
ie crepe snuff brass eyelets speedhooks plain toe is close to Indy
As active as these threads are it seems Alden could PM the 20 or so regulars and offer some Color 4 boots for Christmas...
rumor is Mr Porter executives are getting color 4 boots and the site does not even carry Alden think of how many pair this sites people have sold
I just meant you'd have better chances with Carmina because they actually do group MTOs that get finished in like 6 months, whereas Alden has tons of orders from 2 and 3 years ago that haven't been filled yet. Even proposed MTOs take forever to get confirmed by Alden - like the Cigar Thor boot (read back a few pages in this thread for all the gory details). And if they are confirmed after maybe a year, you can expect at least another 2 years wait on top of that.
Carmina's dark cognac is probably as close as you can get to Cigar, and the lighter version of their cognac is sometimes a decent match for Ravello.
Is this the Ravello cap toe boot from Leffot and the Whiskey wing tip from Epaulet? I'm in on both myself. I wonder how many people are left on both lists. It could be down to just you and me. If the numbers drop below the minimum needed hopefully the respective vendors will pick up the rest for their own stock instead of letting it get cancelled which would suck for those of us who have waited so long.
Someone mentioned that Epaulet was cautiously optimistic for a year end delivery. The Leffot MTO hasn't even been confirmed yet...
I believe Carmina uses shell from Horween just like Alden. There's nothing special about Alden shell apart from #8 to which they add their own dye/pigment on top of Horween regular burgandy finishing. Don't drink the Kool-Aid. There are other shoe makers capable of making beautiful shell boots and shoes. However, if a colour is rare then it doesn't matter which shoemaker it is, they can't make it if they can't get their hands on that particular shell colour. It's been mentioned in the past that lighter shell colours like Ravello and Whiskey are in exceedingly short supply.
there is a KUDU on the modified last currently (hopefully) making its way thru the ordering process with Moulded. cant recall the specifics on it, but you might be able to jump on that one and save a bit of time (assuming ML works for your foot)
Also, an update on the proposed suede Indy, it only has 7 participants so far, and the voting is almost evenly split among all the options up for debate: pull-tab, eyelet color, 360 vs 270 welt, and even speedhooks vs no speedhooks is a pretty close debate.
If you haven't logged your info on the spreadsheet and are interested in this, here's the link:
- Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 31 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 44 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 9 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 13 minutes ago
- › Joseph Cheaney Warwick Espresso Brown Calf US9 / 42 15 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015