And what would be their versions or ravello/cigar? (Cognac and Dark brown?)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE? Last post on 10/26/12 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden 404 Indy Kudu 8D (Fits 8.5D) New In Box (June 13 Final Drop for Quick Sale) Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- Alden Cigar Shell Chukkas 8EEE worn 8-9 times, FREE SHIPPING Last post on 10/30/11 at 5:02pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- How to protect suede boots. Last post on 9/21/11 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC - Page 30post #436 of 4807/12/13 at 4:55pmpost #437 of 4807/12/13 at 7:17pm
OK the MTO being talked of has similarities to this Alden for Jcrew boot so.
ie crepe snuff brass eyelets speedhooks plain toe is close to Indy
As active as these threads are it seems Alden could PM the 20 or so regulars and offer some Color 4 boots for Christmas...
rumor is Mr Porter executives are getting color 4 boots and the site does not even carry Alden think of how many pair this sites people have soldpost #438 of 4807/12/13 at 8:14pm^ the proposed MTO is not even close to that J Crew boot IMO. Different suede color, different last, different sole, different stitching across the toe, all eyelets vs speedhooks.Quote:
I just meant you'd have better chances with Carmina because they actually do group MTOs that get finished in like 6 months, whereas Alden has tons of orders from 2 and 3 years ago that haven't been filled yet. Even proposed MTOs take forever to get confirmed by Alden - like the Cigar Thor boot (read back a few pages in this thread for all the gory details). And if they are confirmed after maybe a year, you can expect at least another 2 years wait on top of that.
Carmina's dark cognac is probably as close as you can get to Cigar, and the lighter version of their cognac is sometimes a decent match for Ravello.post #439 of 4807/12/13 at 8:19pmQuote:
Is this the Ravello cap toe boot from Leffot and the Whiskey wing tip from Epaulet? I'm in on both myself. I wonder how many people are left on both lists. It could be down to just you and me. If the numbers drop below the minimum needed hopefully the respective vendors will pick up the rest for their own stock instead of letting it get cancelled which would suck for those of us who have waited so long.
Someone mentioned that Epaulet was cautiously optimistic for a year end delivery. The Leffot MTO hasn't even been confirmed yet...post #440 of 4807/12/13 at 8:21pmpost #441 of 4807/12/13 at 8:24pmpost #442 of 4807/12/13 at 8:26pmpost #443 of 4807/12/13 at 8:30pmpost #444 of 4807/12/13 at 8:36pmQuote:
I believe Carmina uses shell from Horween just like Alden. There's nothing special about Alden shell apart from #8 to which they add their own dye/pigment on top of Horween regular burgandy finishing. Don't drink the Kool-Aid. There are other shoe makers capable of making beautiful shell boots and shoes. However, if a colour is rare then it doesn't matter which shoemaker it is, they can't make it if they can't get their hands on that particular shell colour. It's been mentioned in the past that lighter shell colours like Ravello and Whiskey are in exceedingly short supply.post #445 of 4807/12/13 at 8:50pmpost #446 of 4807/14/13 at 12:42pmpost #447 of 4807/16/13 at 5:52ampost #448 of 4807/16/13 at 6:12amQuote:
there is a KUDU on the modified last currently (hopefully) making its way thru the ordering process with Moulded. cant recall the specifics on it, but you might be able to jump on that one and save a bit of time (assuming ML works for your foot)post #449 of 4807/17/13 at 12:23pmI finally got a chance to try the Plaza last, and I'm not sure if it's going to work out for me or not. Looks like we don't have 12 people on this yet anyway, but if anybody else wants to take the lead on this and push it some more for the time being, be my guest!Quote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Also, an update on the proposed suede Indy, it only has 7 participants so far, and the voting is almost evenly split among all the options up for debate: pull-tab, eyelet color, 360 vs 270 welt, and even speedhooks vs no speedhooks is a pretty close debate.
If you haven't logged your info on the spreadsheet and are interested in this, here's the link:
- Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 11 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 24 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 24 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...