or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC - Page 12

post #166 of 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post

This looks fantastic to me. Are you suggesting this is on the Barrie last? I had assumed Trubalance but perhaps someone can confirm?
233

Per Thor's post #13869 in the Alden thread…Barrie last.
post #167 of 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

Per Thor's post #13869 in the Alden thread…Barrie last.

Thank you for clarifying. OK, so I guess I would be fine with the same boot on Barrie or Trubalance ultimately. I can go either way on welt or last.
post #168 of 473
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post

Thank you for clarifying. OK, so I guess I would be fine with the same boot on Barrie or Trubalance ultimately. I can go either way on welt or last.

I prefer Barrie (because I finally know what fits me perfectly and trubalance is still a mystery to me...l know the standard sizes 9.5d and 10d don't work, not sure if I'm a 9.5e).

That all said, how do we start approaching retailers with this? I mentioned it to Ed at theshoemart several months ago (i sent him the picture of the boot we've been looking at here) and he showed no interest. But I could try again. I know Steven at leffot, but because I'm not a big purchaser I don't think he'd take me seriously. And the Alden stores all make a cigar cap toe (non perforated) and don't seem to want to do something so close to that. So what's our strategy?
post #169 of 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by closerlook View Post

cap toe on the trubalance would not look good

That's just ridiculous. Like MrK said, the LS Jumper is on TB and it looks GREAT.
post #170 of 473
Closerlook is a tool.

Just ignore his comments.
post #171 of 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellran View Post

Quote:
I prefer Barrie (because I finally know what fits me perfectly and trubalance is still a mystery to me...l know the standard sizes 9.5d and 10d don't work, not sure if I'm a 9.5e).
That all said, how do we start approaching retailers with this? I mentioned it to Ed at theshoemart several months ago (i sent him the picture of the boot we've been looking at here) and he showed no interest. But I could try again. I know Steven at leffot, but because I'm not a big purchaser I don't think he'd take me seriously. And the Alden stores all make a cigar cap toe (non perforated) and don't seem to want to do something so close to that. So what's our strategy?

Well, I guess the next step is to put the finer details of the makeup to a vote on a form and gather all the names of those who are interested? I keep seeing new names popup that are interested in the Thor boot so I would guess we have a voting block of >8.
post #172 of 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post

Well, I guess the next step is to put the finer details of the makeup to a vote on a form and gather all the names of those who are interested? I keep seeing new names popup that are interested in the Thor boot so I would guess we have a voting block of >8.

Kippy it looks like you are on point for the "Thor" boot.

You'll need a poll for the following types of details:

Last

Welt (I'd like to throw flat welt into the mix)

Eyelet

Edgetrim…I'm assuming antique, so it may not be necessary.

Pull tabs

Sole

Heel

If we can come to a consensus on the boot I could always help you with Kathy @ Alden DC if you need it. Whiskey Indy from the previous MTO with Kathy was done in about 11 months.
post #173 of 473
Thread Starter 

I would be in on the Thor boot as well. Joe at Alden DC has already told me that it would take some convincing to get a cap toe boot made up since they already have a few in stock, and that was when I was pushing for #4 as the shell. I really doubt they would do one in Cigar knowing that. So as far as bringing it somewhere else we will probably have to find a suitor that isn't an Alden only store (SF, DC, NY). I dont think the guys at Epaulet would do it seeing as they have stuff on back order with Alden as is and are currently in the works of doing MTO's with Carmina though we could still ask of course. Leffot may be a good option.

post #174 of 473

I haven't tried on anything in Barrie or TB.  So no preference as of yet.  Sounds like the two welts in discussion are pretty similar in appearance, except for the 1 vs 2 rows of stitching.  Not sure I have a strong preference there either.  

 

There is a very small Alden retailer in the small city that I live in (NYC transplant).  Real nice fellow.  I know he's done 2 exclusive make-ups of his own in the past.  I could run it by him, but being that he's so small, I don't know how interested he'd be.

 

I can see where DC would be reluctant to do another cigar boot, but IMO this is quite different from their offering.  Only similarity is that it's a cigar boot, but we'll have to see what their position is.

 

I was also wondering if they would even be able to do a #4 boot.  I know the OP said it seemed like a possibility when he spoke with Kathy, but the part I don't understand is that if they can't make ravello, how can they make #4 which is the next most similar color?

 

Edit: Regardless, I dont think either sole or welt would be a deal-breaker for me.

post #175 of 473
Thread Starter 

For the #4 boot it is going to be completely dependant on Kathy's willingness to do it, Aldens willingness to do it, and our willingness to wait. I have no figures to go on yet so it'll have to wait until sometime later this week to get a hard answer from Kathy, and then Alden.

post #176 of 473
Is that "thor" boot on triple leather soles?

I'm not in the market as I have the Alden DC captoe, but cigar captoes in general look great, I recommend them
post #177 of 473
strong vote for barrie last; I own the Jumper boots on trubalance last and honestly think this 'thor' boot will look best with barrie last
post #178 of 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

Kippy it looks like you are on point for the "Thor" boot.
You'll need a poll for the following types of details:
Last
Welt (I'd like to throw flat welt into the mix)
Eyelet
Edgetrim…I'm assuming antique, so it may not be necessary.
Pull tabs
Sole
Heel
If we can come to a consensus on the boot I could always help you with Kathy @ Alden DC if you need it. Whiskey Indy from the previous MTO with Kathy was done in about 11 months.

OK Folks, here is the voting form for the Thor boot. CTYGG, it would be great for you to take point with Kathy @ Alden DC on the config once it has been finalized.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDNzX2doTjBnb3FMeThvS2F5dDI2ZHc6MA#gid=0

I will keep the form open for responses for the next week and provide a summary of results back to the group.
post #179 of 473

I cast my ballot.  Willing to front the full amount for a pair and wait 2 years if it doesn't deviate too significantly from the original design.  Still have to get my sizing figured out, but will be home in NY next week and plan on making a pilgrimage to madison.  Hopefully they will let me try on a few pairs to ascertain fit.

 

If this is made, it will probably be the most rugged looking Alden boot ever made.  I could really kick some ass all over the place in a pair of these!

post #180 of 473
Just put my vote in. I hoe Kathy will help us out. I think one shell boot will be a good addition to my collection.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC