or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC - Page 9

post #121 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Frans Boone is taking preorders on a Plain Toe Cigar Boot currently, as mentioned in the official Alden thread.

 

Also, Someone mentioned #4 LHS, which I'd be down for as well.  Also Mahogany, if there is even such a thing anymore?

 

I'd absolutely love a PT Cigar makeup with all eyelets and double waterloc soles.  

post #122 of 477

Frans Boone is in Belgium, right?  Has anyone from the US ordered from there?

post #123 of 477
So have we come to a consensus on the make-up yet? We have a thousand and make-ups here...
post #124 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Frans Boone is in Belgium, right?  Has anyone from the US ordered from there?

Amsterdam I believe.  I have not personally but think I've seen others on the forum talk about it.

post #125 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellran View Post

It's my holy grail as well. I don't know why anyone hasn't made it up already.

 

I think the trend [in boots] lately is sleek, narrow lasted, closed heel, pointy toe boots.  I think people consider it more formal, and therefore more versatile.  For shell, people want something dressier to match the prestige of the leather. For casual boots they want cheaper material that they won't be as hesitant to wear while sloshing around in the snow and puddles.

 

Atleast thats my interpretation, not trying to ruffle any feathers or enter in to a debate about exceptions to my blanket statement.

 

I prefer round toe, clunky, 360 welt for a boot.  I'm looking for something to wear on the weekends, mostly with jeans that aren't excessively tight.  I'll probably buy a pair of Redwing Beckmans this summer, as it's the closest thing i've been able to find to what I'm looking for.

post #126 of 477
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

So have we come to a consensus on the make-up yet? We have a thousand and make-ups here...


Yes, we have. The final vote tally saw this boot as the winner for our primary boot. 
 

#4 Boot:

Wingtip Boot
Grant Last
360 Flat Welt
Commando Sole
Antique Edge Trim
All Eyelets
No Pull Tab

 

 

Now it looks like we need to establish a backup. Kathy will be back in the shop around the 25th and I will bring the designs, primary and backup, to her.

post #127 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post

Yes, we have. The final vote tally saw this boot as the winner for our primary boot. 

 
#4 Boot:
Wingtip Boot
Grant Last
360 Flat Welt
Commando Sole
Antique Edge Trim
All Eyelets
No Pull Tab



Now it looks like we need to establish a backup. Kathy will be back in the shop around the 25th and I will bring the designs, primary and backup, to her.

yessssss!
post #128 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

I think the trend [in boots] lately is sleek, narrow lasted, closed heel, pointy toe boots.  I think people consider it more formal, and therefore more versatile.  For shell, people want something dressier to match the prestige of the leather. For casual boots they want cheaper material that they won't be as hesitant to wear while sloshing around in the snow and puddles.

Atleast thats my interpretation, not trying to ruffle any feathers or enter in to a debate about exceptions to my blanket statement.

I prefer round toe, clunky, 360 welt for a boot.  I'm looking for something to wear on the weekends, mostly with jeans that aren't excessively tight.  I'll probably buy a pair of Redwing Beckmans this summer, as it's the closest thing i've been able to find to what I'm looking for.

I am with you on the bot needing to be chunkier and more rugged looking. I would love someting in cigar like th pic posted a page or so ago. I double oiled sole and a 360 storm welt would look great.
post #129 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post


I am with you on the bot needing to be chunkier and more rugged looking. I would love someting in cigar like th pic posted a page or so ago. I double oiled sole and a 360 storm welt would look great.

 

Maybe this could be one of the backups? Since we've already got 4 expressing interest in that exact make up, and one other person expressing interest in something similar with slight variations?

 

Edit: unless I've double counted someone, haven't been keeping a record of who said what, just going off of recollection.

post #130 of 477
Thread Starter 

It certainly looks like a cigar boot/shoe is what is desired as a backup, and possibly even secondary makeup if people want it. I say we move forward with this idea if everyone is in agreement. The main thing that needs to be decided prior to a vote however is whether we want a boot, or a dress shoe. As it stands it seems more people are leaning towards a boot but I will let you all input your thoughts on the matter. I for one am throwing my hat in the shoe category as we already have a boot and I am really loving the idea of a PTB with gold eyelets. I'll whip up a second poll for people to vote on the cigar backup/secondary makeup as soon as it is decided between boot/shoe.

Thanks for all the input everyone,

Nick

post #131 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post


Yes, we have. The final vote tally saw this boot as the winner for our primary boot. 

 
#4 Boot:
Wingtip Boot


Grant Last


360 Flat Welt


Commando Sole


Antique Edge Trim


All Eyelets


No Pull Tab



Now it looks like we need to establish a backup. Kathy will be back in the shop around the 25th and I will bring the designs, primary and backup, to her.

My god this is tempting, how much would a deposit be if indeed this is a possibility.
post #132 of 477
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomSquared View Post


My god this is tempting, how much would a deposit be if indeed this is a possibility.


I'm going to ask Kathy as soon as she returns. Though others have had experience with her doing MTO's before on some other makeups and they may be able to shed light on how things went on those orders.

post #133 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post

 I am really loving the idea of a PTB with gold eyelets.

 

If that doesn't pan out, I wonder if you could just buy some other version of cigar PTB and have a cobbler change the eyelets for you?

post #134 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post


Yes, we have. The final vote tally saw this boot as the winner for our primary boot. 

 
#4 Boot:
Wingtip Boot


Grant Last


360 Flat Welt


Commando Sole


Antique Edge Trim


All Eyelets


No Pull Tab



Now it looks like we need to establish a backup. Kathy will be back in the shop around the 25th and I will bring the designs, primary and backup, to her.

Great boot. I'd be out though as I'm waiting for a shoemart #4 WTB...
post #135 of 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post


Great boot. I'd be out though as I'm waiting for a shoemart #4 WTB...

Yeah, my first thought was that there is already a similar #4 WTB on the scene, although not widely available.  Almost defeats the whole purpose of the MTO effort (to get something unique), except if there are enough people that want it, I suppose that is proof in itself that it's worth pursuing.

 

I'll pass on it too.  While I find wingtips attractive, its just not my style.  I have very plain taste.

 

I wish the group the best of luck in getting this design made.  Maybe if we can agree on additional makeups I could get in on one.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC