Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 8:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 4/28/16 at 4:55am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: Yesterday
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 56post #826 of 17181/7/14 at 7:06ampost #827 of 17181/7/14 at 7:36ampost #828 of 17181/7/14 at 9:01ampost #829 of 17181/7/14 at 2:16pmpost #830 of 17181/7/14 at 2:18pmThread StarterQuote:
Those whiskeys are a limited run...and will probably not happen again anytime soon (with the 16 MTO requirement and limited shell).
I always go with AFPoS for my AS needs.post #831 of 17181/7/14 at 7:44pmpost #832 of 17181/8/14 at 3:06am
Cross post from the Balmoral Boot Porn thread:
I received yesterday my Herring Holmes II by Alfred Sargent
The sole has open-channeled stitching and a gently rolled waist.
I noticed some small stains on the toe
on the inside of the lacing zone
and an almost invisible crease in the leather on the heel zone
The only thing worth to notice were the droplets like stains on the toe.
I had a chat with Chris of Herring on this matter, he said they were nothing to worry about and will disappear with polishing and time, but it was my choice either to keep them or return them.
In case I decided to keep them he offered me a partial refund.
After a hard day of wait, I finally got home and tried them on.
Fit is good, maybe a bit on the long side but cannot go half a size down otherwise my pinkie, that is already leaning on the side of the shoe, will surely hurt after some hours of wear.
Finally I decided to keep them!
I noticed two small ribbons (white and light blue) in the stitching on the inside of the left tongue
Any idea if they have a sort of meaning?
Finally, today they are out in the wild for the first time!
Already in love with them, even though I expected the colour to be a bit darker than it actually is, will try to darken it with polishing...
And I have to thank Chris from Herring for his patience and kindness in listening to all my fussing...post #833 of 17181/8/14 at 12:21pmpost #834 of 17181/8/14 at 12:31pmI know people are upset with small stains/small imperfections. A lot of shoes are hand made and hand colored so there will be some imperfections. I am all about making sure if there is any scuffing/staining I want to be the one doing it. I would just embrace it and wear them. Just my 0.02 and I know a lot of folks will disagreepost #835 of 17181/8/14 at 12:53pm
I agree, despite the marks they aren't visible enough from a reasonable distance to be an issue for me. These are £300 range shoes and i don't think for this price range you can expect complete and utter perfection, If they were Edward Green Shannons/Galways and cost me £900 I would be annoyed by a stains on the toe.post #836 of 17181/8/14 at 1:05pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by OREO
I agree, despite the marks they aren't visible enough from a reasonable distance to be an issue for me. These are £300 range shoes and i don't think for this price range you can expect complete and utter perfection, If they were Edward Green Shannons/Galways and cost me £900 I would be annoyed by a stains on the toe.
Totally agree. Ironically, EG is known for the toe burnishings.
If I was really expecting perfection and inspected every single shoe I have (including EG, G&G, JL), there will be SOME type of imperfection...more so with my hand-welted shoes. Unless it's really bad (e.g., AE's "bowing" problem, Alden's uneven dye jobs) anything superficial will change after a couple of polishes.post #837 of 17181/10/14 at 2:20pmpost #838 of 17181/10/14 at 2:35pmpost #839 of 17181/10/14 at 3:32pmAFPOS is great to do business with. Julian is incredibly helpful and their prices/service are superb. I took out my AS Moores in chestnut tonight to admire them sadly enough, I bought them last spring or thereabouts and I still haven't worn them out.
Btw, do you guys have Saphir color recommendations for chestnut? Should I go with a medium brown?post #840 of 17181/10/14 at 5:35pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 13 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Peaks, Patterns, and Wedding Ties 33 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 40 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 42 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts