Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 9:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 8/23/16 at 8:53pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 56post #826 of 17831/7/14 at 7:06ampost #827 of 17831/7/14 at 7:36ampost #828 of 17831/7/14 at 9:01ampost #829 of 17831/7/14 at 2:16pmpost #830 of 17831/7/14 at 2:18pmThread StarterQuote:
Those whiskeys are a limited run...and will probably not happen again anytime soon (with the 16 MTO requirement and limited shell).
I always go with AFPoS for my AS needs.post #831 of 17831/7/14 at 7:44pmpost #832 of 17831/8/14 at 3:06am
Cross post from the Balmoral Boot Porn thread:
I received yesterday my Herring Holmes II by Alfred Sargent
The sole has open-channeled stitching and a gently rolled waist.
I noticed some small stains on the toe
on the inside of the lacing zone
and an almost invisible crease in the leather on the heel zone
The only thing worth to notice were the droplets like stains on the toe.
I had a chat with Chris of Herring on this matter, he said they were nothing to worry about and will disappear with polishing and time, but it was my choice either to keep them or return them.
In case I decided to keep them he offered me a partial refund.
After a hard day of wait, I finally got home and tried them on.
Fit is good, maybe a bit on the long side but cannot go half a size down otherwise my pinkie, that is already leaning on the side of the shoe, will surely hurt after some hours of wear.
Finally I decided to keep them!
I noticed two small ribbons (white and light blue) in the stitching on the inside of the left tongue
Any idea if they have a sort of meaning?
Finally, today they are out in the wild for the first time!
Already in love with them, even though I expected the colour to be a bit darker than it actually is, will try to darken it with polishing...
And I have to thank Chris from Herring for his patience and kindness in listening to all my fussing...post #833 of 17831/8/14 at 12:21pmpost #834 of 17831/8/14 at 12:31pmI know people are upset with small stains/small imperfections. A lot of shoes are hand made and hand colored so there will be some imperfections. I am all about making sure if there is any scuffing/staining I want to be the one doing it. I would just embrace it and wear them. Just my 0.02 and I know a lot of folks will disagreepost #835 of 17831/8/14 at 12:53pm
I agree, despite the marks they aren't visible enough from a reasonable distance to be an issue for me. These are £300 range shoes and i don't think for this price range you can expect complete and utter perfection, If they were Edward Green Shannons/Galways and cost me £900 I would be annoyed by a stains on the toe.post #836 of 17831/8/14 at 1:05pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by OREO
I agree, despite the marks they aren't visible enough from a reasonable distance to be an issue for me. These are £300 range shoes and i don't think for this price range you can expect complete and utter perfection, If they were Edward Green Shannons/Galways and cost me £900 I would be annoyed by a stains on the toe.
Totally agree. Ironically, EG is known for the toe burnishings.
If I was really expecting perfection and inspected every single shoe I have (including EG, G&G, JL), there will be SOME type of imperfection...more so with my hand-welted shoes. Unless it's really bad (e.g., AE's "bowing" problem, Alden's uneven dye jobs) anything superficial will change after a couple of polishes.post #837 of 17831/10/14 at 2:20pmpost #838 of 17831/10/14 at 2:35pmpost #839 of 17831/10/14 at 3:32pmAFPOS is great to do business with. Julian is incredibly helpful and their prices/service are superb. I took out my AS Moores in chestnut tonight to admire them sadly enough, I bought them last spring or thereabouts and I still haven't worn them out.
Btw, do you guys have Saphir color recommendations for chestnut? Should I go with a medium brown?post #840 of 17831/10/14 at 5:35pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Double Breasted Style. 2 minutes ago
- › Ma-vach-22092016 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Chelseas UK 9.5 & Alden Plain Toe Balmoral 10.5D 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 11 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...