Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 1:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 5/27/16 at 9:42pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 56post #826 of 17291/7/14 at 7:06ampost #827 of 17291/7/14 at 7:36ampost #828 of 17291/7/14 at 9:01ampost #829 of 17291/7/14 at 2:16pmpost #830 of 17291/7/14 at 2:18pmThread StarterQuote:
Those whiskeys are a limited run...and will probably not happen again anytime soon (with the 16 MTO requirement and limited shell).
I always go with AFPoS for my AS needs.post #831 of 17291/7/14 at 7:44pmpost #832 of 17291/8/14 at 3:06am
Cross post from the Balmoral Boot Porn thread:
I received yesterday my Herring Holmes II by Alfred Sargent
The sole has open-channeled stitching and a gently rolled waist.
I noticed some small stains on the toe
on the inside of the lacing zone
and an almost invisible crease in the leather on the heel zone
The only thing worth to notice were the droplets like stains on the toe.
I had a chat with Chris of Herring on this matter, he said they were nothing to worry about and will disappear with polishing and time, but it was my choice either to keep them or return them.
In case I decided to keep them he offered me a partial refund.
After a hard day of wait, I finally got home and tried them on.
Fit is good, maybe a bit on the long side but cannot go half a size down otherwise my pinkie, that is already leaning on the side of the shoe, will surely hurt after some hours of wear.
Finally I decided to keep them!
I noticed two small ribbons (white and light blue) in the stitching on the inside of the left tongue
Any idea if they have a sort of meaning?
Finally, today they are out in the wild for the first time!
Already in love with them, even though I expected the colour to be a bit darker than it actually is, will try to darken it with polishing...
And I have to thank Chris from Herring for his patience and kindness in listening to all my fussing...post #833 of 17291/8/14 at 12:21pmpost #834 of 17291/8/14 at 12:31pmI know people are upset with small stains/small imperfections. A lot of shoes are hand made and hand colored so there will be some imperfections. I am all about making sure if there is any scuffing/staining I want to be the one doing it. I would just embrace it and wear them. Just my 0.02 and I know a lot of folks will disagreepost #835 of 17291/8/14 at 12:53pm
I agree, despite the marks they aren't visible enough from a reasonable distance to be an issue for me. These are £300 range shoes and i don't think for this price range you can expect complete and utter perfection, If they were Edward Green Shannons/Galways and cost me £900 I would be annoyed by a stains on the toe.post #836 of 17291/8/14 at 1:05pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by OREO
I agree, despite the marks they aren't visible enough from a reasonable distance to be an issue for me. These are £300 range shoes and i don't think for this price range you can expect complete and utter perfection, If they were Edward Green Shannons/Galways and cost me £900 I would be annoyed by a stains on the toe.
Totally agree. Ironically, EG is known for the toe burnishings.
If I was really expecting perfection and inspected every single shoe I have (including EG, G&G, JL), there will be SOME type of imperfection...more so with my hand-welted shoes. Unless it's really bad (e.g., AE's "bowing" problem, Alden's uneven dye jobs) anything superficial will change after a couple of polishes.post #837 of 17291/10/14 at 2:20pmpost #838 of 17291/10/14 at 2:35pmpost #839 of 17291/10/14 at 3:32pmAFPOS is great to do business with. Julian is incredibly helpful and their prices/service are superb. I took out my AS Moores in chestnut tonight to admire them sadly enough, I bought them last spring or thereabouts and I still haven't worn them out.
Btw, do you guys have Saphir color recommendations for chestnut? Should I go with a medium brown?post #840 of 17291/10/14 at 5:35pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Double Breasted Style. 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Sartoria in Napoli ? 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 9 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 27, 2016 : Freestyle Friday 20 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 24 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 28 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding