Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 8:50 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 2/5/16 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 56post #826 of 16691/7/14 at 7:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #827 of 16691/7/14 at 7:36ampost #828 of 16691/7/14 at 9:01ampost #829 of 16691/7/14 at 2:16pmpost #830 of 16691/7/14 at 2:18pmThread StarterQuote:
Those whiskeys are a limited run...and will probably not happen again anytime soon (with the 16 MTO requirement and limited shell).
I always go with AFPoS for my AS needs.post #831 of 16691/7/14 at 7:44pmpost #832 of 16691/8/14 at 3:06am
Cross post from the Balmoral Boot Porn thread:
I received yesterday my Herring Holmes II by Alfred Sargent
The sole has open-channeled stitching and a gently rolled waist.
I noticed some small stains on the toe
on the inside of the lacing zone
and an almost invisible crease in the leather on the heel zone
The only thing worth to notice were the droplets like stains on the toe.
I had a chat with Chris of Herring on this matter, he said they were nothing to worry about and will disappear with polishing and time, but it was my choice either to keep them or return them.
In case I decided to keep them he offered me a partial refund.
After a hard day of wait, I finally got home and tried them on.
Fit is good, maybe a bit on the long side but cannot go half a size down otherwise my pinkie, that is already leaning on the side of the shoe, will surely hurt after some hours of wear.
Finally I decided to keep them!
I noticed two small ribbons (white and light blue) in the stitching on the inside of the left tongue
Any idea if they have a sort of meaning?
Finally, today they are out in the wild for the first time!
Already in love with them, even though I expected the colour to be a bit darker than it actually is, will try to darken it with polishing...
And I have to thank Chris from Herring for his patience and kindness in listening to all my fussing...post #833 of 16691/8/14 at 12:21pmpost #834 of 16691/8/14 at 12:31pmI know people are upset with small stains/small imperfections. A lot of shoes are hand made and hand colored so there will be some imperfections. I am all about making sure if there is any scuffing/staining I want to be the one doing it. I would just embrace it and wear them. Just my 0.02 and I know a lot of folks will disagreepost #835 of 16691/8/14 at 12:53pm
I agree, despite the marks they aren't visible enough from a reasonable distance to be an issue for me. These are £300 range shoes and i don't think for this price range you can expect complete and utter perfection, If they were Edward Green Shannons/Galways and cost me £900 I would be annoyed by a stains on the toe.post #836 of 16691/8/14 at 1:05pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by OREO
I agree, despite the marks they aren't visible enough from a reasonable distance to be an issue for me. These are £300 range shoes and i don't think for this price range you can expect complete and utter perfection, If they were Edward Green Shannons/Galways and cost me £900 I would be annoyed by a stains on the toe.
Totally agree. Ironically, EG is known for the toe burnishings.
If I was really expecting perfection and inspected every single shoe I have (including EG, G&G, JL), there will be SOME type of imperfection...more so with my hand-welted shoes. Unless it's really bad (e.g., AE's "bowing" problem, Alden's uneven dye jobs) anything superficial will change after a couple of polishes.post #837 of 16691/10/14 at 2:20pmpost #838 of 16691/10/14 at 2:35pmpost #839 of 16691/10/14 at 3:32pmAFPOS is great to do business with. Julian is incredibly helpful and their prices/service are superb. I took out my AS Moores in chestnut tonight to admire them sadly enough, I bought them last spring or thereabouts and I still haven't worn them out.
Btw, do you guys have Saphir color recommendations for chestnut? Should I go with a medium brown?
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 32 seconds ago
- › Alden x Unionmade Halleck Color 8 Shell Cordovan Wingtip Boots... 42 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 48 seconds ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 4 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...