I love the shell on Ramsey; I was wondering how the Ramsey compares to the J Crew Double Monk in terms of construction? (outside of the obvious shell difference)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 12:03 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 7/22/16 at 6:24am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 48post #707 of 175410/10/13 at 9:21amQuote:
The AS Ramsey have a higher grade sole that is oak bark tanned in England, then closed channelled stitched giving a finer finish with superior materials. The calf leather is polished and burnished by hand.post #708 of 175410/11/13 at 2:22pmQuote:
Does this comparison also work for the Herring by AS line vs AS Exclusive?post #709 of 175410/11/13 at 2:38pmThread StarterQuote:
I think this question might be better directed to Herring since they are distributing the shoes and could comment on the quality but the sole work looks similar just from pictures (note I do not own any of AS by Herring).post #710 of 175410/11/13 at 3:10pmpost #711 of 175410/27/13 at 12:25ampost #712 of 175410/27/13 at 12:35amThread Starterpost #713 of 175410/28/13 at 5:02pmQuote:Those have aged beautifully.Originally Posted by fullb
After three years and many wear, average once every two weeks, and lots of shinning sessions they still look pretty sharp Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am very happy with the fitting and the leather quality.
Would anyone be interested in a limited run of the Carroll loafer made to exclusive standards but without the tassels? I have a pair in brown that I wear often. Great w/ jeans, sport coat, or suit:
I'm interested in a black pair but without the medallion too. It would mainly be used w/ a tux, but would be good w/ a suit too, particularly when traveling.
And, if others are interested, I might also be willing to go in on a run in dark brown suede with a bit of a gray cast, particularly the suede used for the Herrick . I think it was called "mink." Would prefer to have a medallion for the suede pair.
Ideally, to me, it'd be on the 19 last, which is what the one above was made on. But that's a handgrade last, so I'm not sure they'd allow it.
Send me a pm or post here if you're interested, pls.post #714 of 175410/29/13 at 6:43amThread Starterpost #715 of 175410/29/13 at 7:12ampost #716 of 175410/29/13 at 7:41amThread Starterpost #717 of 175410/30/13 at 2:13pm
Cross post from Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Affiliate Thread
Hope this is the right place, please let me know if we need to delete.
Special Offer – Alfred Sargent for Foster & Son
Our second Styleforum member’s offer
As we develop our new Foster & Son Heritage Collection we have a small number of shoes made for us by Alfred Sargent (a maker who we hold in the highest regard) that we can make available to Styleforum members at a reasonable discount. This is part of necessary consolidation around our new and existing lines for which we need to free up some space in our shop at 83 Jermyn Street.
We currently have 23 pairs in the following styles, colours and sizes (all UK sizes and F width). Please give us your Styleforum ID when ordering. Customers are limited to a maximum of two pairs each. The price is £299 a pair including UK VAT and delivery, compared with the usual £385 ticket price.
Style: 6.5F 7.0F 7.5F 8.0F 8.5F 9.0F 10.0F 10.5F 11.0F 11.5F Adelaide Brogue: Black (99) x x xx Adelaide Brogue: Mahogany (99) xx xxx xx Armfield Black Cap Oxford (109) xx x Armfield Mahogany Cap Oxford (109) x Hunt Brogue Black (109) x x x x Hunt Brogue Mahogany (109) x x x x
From left to right: Hunt Brogue Black, Adelaide Brogue Black, Adelaide Brogue Mahogany, Hunt Brogue Mahogany, Armfield Cap Oxford Mahogany
109 last sole
99 last sole
Hunt, Mahogany and Black
Waist detail 109 last
Waist detail 99 last
Please contact us by email at email@example.com, each email will be answered in order of receipt when the shop opens at 10.00 (GMT) tomorrow. Please be sure of your size and fit as we will not be accepting returns.
Foster & Sonpost #718 of 175411/6/13 at 6:07ampost #719 of 175411/6/13 at 12:18pmpost #720 of 175411/6/13 at 1:29pm
Another question; I wear US 12D size Ralph Lauren(i guess made by Allen Edmonds) loafers bare feet and that fits perfectly. These AS shoes are UK 11.5 FX but i will wear them with very thick socks in winter. So if you or anyone who has both can compare the fitting, what would you say ? That would be very sad if i make an international purchase, wait for them 2-3 weeks, deal with the all customs thing and then they don't fit properly.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 56 seconds ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Attraction 6 minutes ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 7 minutes ago
- › BNIB Saint Laurent Wyatt Tan Suede 40.5 9 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding