I love the shell on Ramsey; I was wondering how the Ramsey compares to the J Crew Double Monk in terms of construction? (outside of the obvious shell difference)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Alfred Sergent - Do they run wide Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:20am in Classic Menswear
- Price Drop-BNIB Eward Green Malvern Mole Suede 8/8.5e 202 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- What to wear with these brown dress shoes to the club? Last post on 9/22/12 at 5:58am in Classic Menswear
- Fitting advice for my first pair of prestige John Lobb RTW Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear
- Which pair of brown shoes -- double monks or derbies? Last post on 9/25/12 at 3:15pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 48
Styleforum Top Picks
The AS Ramsey have a higher grade sole that is oak bark tanned in England, then closed channelled stitched giving a finer finish with superior materials. The calf leather is polished and burnished by hand.
Does this comparison also work for the Herring by AS line vs AS Exclusive?
I think this question might be better directed to Herring since they are distributing the shoes and could comment on the quality but the sole work looks similar just from pictures (note I do not own any of AS by Herring).
After three years and many wear, average once every two weeks, and lots of shinning sessions they still look pretty sharp Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am very happy with the fitting and the leather quality.
Would anyone be interested in a limited run of the Carroll loafer made to exclusive standards but without the tassels? I have a pair in brown that I wear often. Great w/ jeans, sport coat, or suit:
I'm interested in a black pair but without the medallion too. It would mainly be used w/ a tux, but would be good w/ a suit too, particularly when traveling.
And, if others are interested, I might also be willing to go in on a run in dark brown suede with a bit of a gray cast, particularly the suede used for the Herrick . I think it was called "mink." Would prefer to have a medallion for the suede pair.
Ideally, to me, it'd be on the 19 last, which is what the one above was made on. But that's a handgrade last, so I'm not sure they'd allow it.
Send me a pm or post here if you're interested, pls.
Cross post from Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Affiliate Thread
Hope this is the right place, please let me know if we need to delete.
Special Offer – Alfred Sargent for Foster & Son
Our second Styleforum member’s offer
As we develop our new Foster & Son Heritage Collection we have a small number of shoes made for us by Alfred Sargent (a maker who we hold in the highest regard) that we can make available to Styleforum members at a reasonable discount. This is part of necessary consolidation around our new and existing lines for which we need to free up some space in our shop at 83 Jermyn Street.
We currently have 23 pairs in the following styles, colours and sizes (all UK sizes and F width). Please give us your Styleforum ID when ordering. Customers are limited to a maximum of two pairs each. The price is £299 a pair including UK VAT and delivery, compared with the usual £385 ticket price.
|Adelaide Brogue: Black (99)||x||x||xx|
|Adelaide Brogue: Mahogany (99)||xx||xxx||xx|
|Armfield Black Cap Oxford (109)||xx||x|
|Armfield Mahogany Cap Oxford (109)||x|
|Hunt Brogue Black (109)||x||x||x||x|
|Hunt Brogue Mahogany (109)||x||x||x||x|
From left to right: Hunt Brogue Black, Adelaide Brogue Black, Adelaide Brogue Mahogany, Hunt Brogue Mahogany, Armfield Cap Oxford Mahogany
109 last sole
99 last sole
Hunt, Mahogany and Black
Waist detail 109 last
Waist detail 99 last
Please contact us by email at email@example.com, each email will be answered in order of receipt when the shop opens at 10.00 (GMT) tomorrow. Please be sure of your size and fit as we will not be accepting returns.
Foster & Son
Another question; I wear US 12D size Ralph Lauren(i guess made by Allen Edmonds) loafers bare feet and that fits perfectly. These AS shoes are UK 11.5 FX but i will wear them with very thick socks in winter. So if you or anyone who has both can compare the fitting, what would you say ? That would be very sad if i make an international purchase, wait for them 2-3 weeks, deal with the all customs thing and then they don't fit properly.
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 38 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › How many meters did you swim today? 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015