Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 5:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 10:32 am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Aren't technically almost all shoe leathers corrected grain?Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 44post #646 of 16658/21/13 at 4:56amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #647 of 16658/21/13 at 6:46pmpost #648 of 16658/22/13 at 12:04ampost #649 of 16658/22/13 at 9:21ampost #650 of 16658/22/13 at 9:57amThread StarterQuote:I've used burgundy and neutral polish... depending on my mood.post #651 of 16658/22/13 at 2:18pmpost #652 of 16658/22/13 at 2:52pmpost #653 of 16658/22/13 at 5:52pmpost #654 of 16658/23/13 at 5:32amQuote:Originally Posted by DpprDrWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Haven't posted in a while since I've been busy with the job hunt and move but one of the best make-ups is a great last
Some pics of a pair of Benson Handgrade on 19 last:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Very nice! Good shines all round! That's a different looking single strap monk..post #655 of 16658/23/13 at 5:50amThread Starterpost #656 of 16658/23/13 at 6:12ampost #657 of 16658/23/13 at 6:32amThread Starterpost #658 of 16658/23/13 at 7:17ampost #659 of 16658/23/13 at 7:29ampost #660 of 16658/24/13 at 5:46am
I am thinking of ordering a pair of Hannover boots on the AS 87 last, but wonder how the size is. I have somewhat widish but not really wide feet. I wonder if I should take a chance on my usual size or go up a half-size.
*I can wear Tricker's 1929 last comfortably in its normal width, but in the rounder-toed Jermyn Street last (for some strange reason) I need to go up a half-size.
*In C&J I need the F width (i.e. one step above their "normal" E width) in the 341 and the 236 (Connaught) lasts, while the E width is too tight on my outer toes and the G-width C&J shoes tend to be too loose in the heel unless I go down a size.
*Meermin's Hiro last fits me comfortably. (I have seen other people claim that this is narrow but I find it similar to the F-width C&J Connaught).
*Meermin's Rui is OK, but just a little bit too roomy (may work for winter boots worn with thick socks but probably not for shoes, as they would slip).
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 11 seconds ago
- › The beginnings of a shoe collection 20 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 47 seconds ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 6 minutes ago
- › Tailoring film / resource recommendations 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...