or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 43

post #631 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ers04004 View Post

Just got the AS for Jcrew double monks today. The sizes they post on the website are US size equivalents and the sales person says they fit true to size. However when I tried them on the US 10 was more like a UK 9.5, definitely roomier than I am used to. I would say go down half a size from your normal US size unless you have wide feet.

Any pics?
post #632 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ers04004 View Post

Just got the AS for Jcrew double monks today. The sizes they post on the website are US size equivalents and the sales person says they fit true to size. However when I tried them on the US 10 was more like a UK 9.5, definitely roomier than I am used to. I would say go down half a size from your normal US size unless you have wide feet.
How would you say an Alfred Sargent for J Crew compares to an Alfred Sargent Exclusive say that were purchased from Pediwear or a Fine Pair of Shoes. In regards to leather used and last, or do you know?

Looking at the photos, they look in line with the old Alfred Sargent premier line, or the Herring Royal line, not can't be certain.
post #633 of 1214
Just got a few quick pics from my phone, overall I am not overly impressed with them.

The color is nice, and the leather is ok but not up to the level I would expect from the AS exclusive line, though my only experience with AS is a chelsea boot I saw at Leffot. I usually wear C&J and these definitely feel a level below in terms of leather quality and construction. On the other hand they are more affordable especially with the WIT20 coupon code on Jcrew to get 20% off. With the discount it comes to about 420 which is 200 or so less than the C&J lowndes.

Dont get my wrong its not awful by any means but for me personally id be happier with Carmina for a similar price point.



post #634 of 1214
Thread Starter 
I've seen the AS shoes in SoHo and they are closer to the older Premier line. The leather is not as finished as well as Exclusive shoes and the soles are not oak bark tanned (I believe). This is reflected in the price since they are much less than the Exclusive line.

The older AS Premier line was good at the price point and comparable to C&J BG and Carmina (although I prefer the hardier leather used by UK makers).
post #635 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ers04004 View Post

Just got a few quick pics from my phone, overall I am not overly impressed with them.

The color is nice, and the leather is ok but not up to the level I would expect from the AS exclusive line, though my only experience with AS is a chelsea boot I saw at Leffot. I usually wear C&J and these definitely feel a level below in terms of leather quality and construction. On the other hand they are more affordable especially with the WIT20 coupon code on Jcrew to get 20% off. With the discount it comes to about 420 which is 200 or so less than the C&J lowndes.

Dont get my wrong its not awful by any means but for me personally id be happier with Carmina for a similar price point.

 

 

Thanks for the update and your pictures.

 

Enjoy your shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

I've seen the AS shoes in SoHo and they are closer to the older Premier line. The leather is not as finished as well as Exclusive shoes and the soles are not oak bark tanned (I believe). This is reflected in the price since they are much less than the Exclusive line.

The older AS Premier line was good at the price point and comparable to C&J BG and Carmina (although I prefer the hardier leather used by UK makers).

Thanks for the information and your thoughts.

 

It's really too bad J Crew couldn't just sell shoes from their exclusive line instead, but I would imagine the prices being a bit more than one could already buy from a Fine Pair of Shoes or Pediwear.

post #636 of 1214
Herring Fiennes by Alfred Sargent in action

post #637 of 1214
^^wurger, nice pick up. Care to comment on quality?
post #638 of 1214
it's the same level of quality on the Exclusive line, however, the leather on the facing around the laces are rather creased.

Overall, very happy.
post #639 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ers04004 View Post

Just got a few quick pics from my phone, overall I am not overly impressed with them.

The color is nice, and the leather is ok but not up to the level I would expect from the AS exclusive line, though my only experience with AS is a chelsea boot I saw at Leffot. I usually wear C&J and these definitely feel a level below in terms of leather quality and construction. On the other hand they are more affordable especially with the WIT20 coupon code on Jcrew to get 20% off. With the discount it comes to about 420 which is 200 or so less than the C&J lowndes.

Dont get my wrong its not awful by any means but for me personally id be happier with Carmina for a similar price point.




hi i got the same shoes this week. i have a sizing question:

the shoe itself says "7.5 UK 8 US" on the inside
the shoebox says "8.5 US " on it
i ordered a JCREW 8.5 US Size
i wear a 9 in most shoes, and a 8.5 in an alden modified last.
so i ordered a 8.5 US (JCREW Size).

is that correct?
post #640 of 1214
Thats a good question. When I ordered the size 10 (jcrew site) the box and the shoe said US 10, and inside the shoe I saw UK 9.5 US 10.
post #641 of 1214

Hi everyone! I'm looking at a pair of Ovadia and Sons Crepe Sole Chukkas, and someone let me know that they are made by Alfred Sargent. I just needed a little information about the last, the shoe reads L932/115 and underneath it says DV-5. Does anyone have any idea of how these would fit (TTS, +1, -1). Thanks!

post #642 of 1214
AS Hunt in Mahogany.

post #643 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

Herring Fiennes by Alfred Sargent in action
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Very nice.

 

I almost got a pair of these, but something else came up.

post #644 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

AS Hunt in Mahogany.


Very nice, although it looks like your pinkies are being jammed a bit. Are they comfortable width wise?
post #645 of 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Very nice, although it looks like your pinkies are being jammed a bit. Are they comfortable width wise?
They are actually on the large side in both length and width. I have a high instep, the shoe has not, so I had to size up. Wise? Probably not. Since this purchase I've lernt no to buy shoes that doesn't fit "naturally".
Like them a lot style Wise though.
So, pinkies alright :-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.