or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 42

post #616 of 1123
And some boots. Have you seen the high shine short wing they got? Are they Church, certainly doesn't look like AS to me
post #617 of 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Those on the 99?

On the 106.
post #618 of 1123
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydog View Post

On the 106.
Now that is an aggressive last which is why it looks good. Sorry, didn't notice you had it on your original post, the pictures distracted me. smile.gif

PS totally went all out now with G&G, AS, C&J,etc. making their shoes!
post #619 of 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Now that is an aggressive last which is why it looks good. Sorry, didn't notice you had it on your original post, the pictures distracted me. smile.gif

PS totally went all out now with G&G, AS, C&J,etc. making their shoes!

You didn't miss it; I edited the post.

Yes, I think the PS shoe department rocks. Don't forget to throw in the Grenson masterpiece. I think they are still being made. I don't know who does their Italian makes.

I don't get into NYC that often, but PS is always a priority stop.
post #620 of 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydog View Post

You didn't miss it; I edited the post.

Yes, I think the PS shoe department rocks. Don't forget to throw in the Grenson masterpiece. I think they are still being made. I don't know who does their Italian makes.

I don't get into NYC that often, but PS is always a priority stop.

I thought Grenson Masterpiece are old stock, most of the 600 ish stuff now are mostly CJ and AS (more AS than CJ), then the over 1K stuff is all GG. Not sure who makes their Made in Italy stuff either, and I think there are two made in Italy lines.

edit: And they have some Carmina stuff as well, and maybe Church, if I can ever confirm who made those high shine short wingtip...
post #621 of 1123

7wk Vs 3050fx Last Comparison

 

 

Hampstead on 7wk last in black calf.

 

Russell on 3050fx last in walnut grain.

 

7wk last (Hampstead black) compared to 3050fx (Russell walnut), both UK size 7.

post #622 of 1123

Thank you Roger!  I am still on the fence about the jcrew AS boot.

post #623 of 1123

Hi guys, I wanted to ask if you know of any retailers in London that stock Alfred Sargent shoes? Seeing all the beautiful pictures in this thread makes me want to check them out in person next time I'll go there.

post #624 of 1123
Hi guys,

I'm looking at the AS double monk on the Jcrew site , I'm not familiar with AS sizes but after reading this thread it looks like they're on the 7wk last which fits similar to barrie , what I don't know is if Jcrew size is US or UK?. Since thy don't mention anything about sizing like they do with Alden Barrie shoes.

Thanks.
post #625 of 1123

I can't tell you exactly what last the double monk is on, but the shape is wrong for the 7wk, too square in the toe. Maybe the 99 the Ramsey is on. I would be very surprised to see a country last used for a double monk.
 

post #626 of 1123
Thread Starter 
The 99 is a safe guess; it is definitely not on the 7wk. I would say contact AS but I do not know their contact information since Chay left.
post #627 of 1123
Thanks guys any idea of sizing in the 99 compared to Barrie?.

Thanks.
post #628 of 1123
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Thanks guys any idea of sizing in the 99 compared to Barrie?.

Thanks.
Depends on the conversion by J Crew. I wear the same size Barrie as my AS 99 (6.5D = 6.5F). Note that all my AS have been AS branded shoes not made for US shops.
post #629 of 1123
Just got the AS for Jcrew double monks today. The sizes they post on the website are US size equivalents and the sales person says they fit true to size. However when I tried them on the US 10 was more like a UK 9.5, definitely roomier than I am used to. I would say go down half a size from your normal US size unless you have wide feet.
post #630 of 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ers04004 View Post

Just got the AS for Jcrew double monks today. The sizes they post on the website are US size equivalents and the sales person says they fit true to size. However when I tried them on the US 10 was more like a UK 9.5, definitely roomier than I am used to. I would say go down half a size from your normal US size unless you have wide feet.

How would you say an Alfred Sargent for J Crew compares to an Alfred Sargent Exclusive say that were purchased from Pediwear or a Fine Pair of Shoes. In regards to leather used and last, or do you know?


Edited by dddrees - 8/13/13 at 9:06pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.