Thank you! I don't know if you have worn alden but would you say the 7wk is similar to barrie last?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 10:56 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 8:10 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 41post #602 of 17548/8/13 at 6:04ampost #603 of 17548/8/13 at 6:06amQuote:
I know they had the balmoral for a while, but I don't recall seeing the other 3 before. Have they been up there a while?
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/JCrewingoodcompany/alfredsargent.jsppost #604 of 17548/8/13 at 6:09ampost #605 of 17548/8/13 at 8:08amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Amontilado
Thanks. It still is very disturbing, as only THIS one shoe has these kind of marks and a deviating leather color. The other one looks perfectly good.
Also my other pair doesn't have any of these issues.
It really doesn't look as a thing that usually occurs on high quality shoes.
It depends on the leather used but crust leather tends to do have this variation, which leads to a nice patina over time. For example, my John Lobbs have an even color because of the type of leather. However, my EG and G&G (and my Exclusive AS) are made with crust leather, which is used because they tend to develop a nice patina. If you want a more even finish, maybe the other leather (I think it's boxcalf but I don't know the actual name) is better for your preferences. There is a pretty good thread that's about leathers used in shoemaking I just don't have the link to it at the moment.post #606 of 17548/8/13 at 8:11amThread StarterQuote:
Have not work the 7wk since AS recommends that you take it half a size down from the UK size. Since I wear UK6 in most AS shoes and they typically do not carry 5.5 in the 7wk, I haven't owned a pair in the last.
Theoretically, your UK size would probably be 1 full size down your Alden Barrie (e.g., AS 7wk would be a 5.5 if Alden Barrie is 6.5).post #607 of 17548/8/13 at 6:01pmAlfred Sargent for Paul Stuart. Paul Stuart continues to impress with their great range of shoe offerings. My favorite place to shop for shoes.
Midnight blue calf and suede. On last 106
Great waist treatment
The flash really brings out the blue. They are much darker in natural light. The suede is dark blue not grey. Will try to add some pictures in natural light tomorrow.
Only available in the store; not offered on the web site.
I am very pleased with these. A great alternative to a black cap toe.
Edited by Harrydog - 8/9/13 at 4:10ampost #608 of 17548/8/13 at 6:04pmpost #609 of 17548/8/13 at 6:09pmpost #610 of 17548/8/13 at 6:49pmpost #611 of 17548/8/13 at 7:45pmpost #612 of 17548/8/13 at 7:53pmThread Starterpost #613 of 17548/8/13 at 8:03pmpost #614 of 17548/9/13 at 3:01amQuote:Originally Posted by sask boot
I came across the Alfred Sargent boot on jcrew and it looks great. I called them and asked what last it is on and they told me 7WK. I also emailed them and they told me the 3050 last. On the Alfred sargent website I looked at the profile picture of the 3050 last and it looks huge. I have the Cambridge on the 87 last and it fits really well so I am worried that the 3050 last would be too loose. Does anyone have any experience with this last? Is it possible that the jcrew boot is on the 7WK? I am starting to develop an appreciation for Alfred Sargent and would like to build up a collection because they are great quality for a reasonable price. Any help would be great.
I have shoes on the 7wk and the 3050. The 7wk runs large and you would most likely want to drop half a size from your normal UK size. The 3050 is definitely shorter than the 7wk with a rounder toe, a little narrower, but feels to have more height across the vamp. I would suggest half a size up from the 7wk, which brings you back to normal sizing. I doubt the last shapes on the website are to scale. I am unable to compare them with the 87 last.
Looking at the top view on the J.Crew website the shape looks more like the 7wk to me. Given the differences in the two lasts I would get confirmation on this.post #615 of 17548/9/13 at 4:02am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › What cause such creasing on my shirt? 27 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 29 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 31 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 32 minutes ago
- › Cigars 33 minutes ago
- › Isaia shirts got smaller? 34 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 37 minutes ago
- › Need advice on SuitsDirect! 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding