Thank you! I don't know if you have worn alden but would you say the 7wk is similar to barrie last?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 8:27 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 11/18/15 at 9:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 41
Styleforum Top Pickspost #602 of 15638/8/13 at 6:04ampost #603 of 15638/8/13 at 6:06amQuote:
I know they had the balmoral for a while, but I don't recall seeing the other 3 before. Have they been up there a while?
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/JCrewingoodcompany/alfredsargent.jsppost #604 of 15638/8/13 at 6:09ampost #605 of 15638/8/13 at 8:08amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Amontilado
Thanks. It still is very disturbing, as only THIS one shoe has these kind of marks and a deviating leather color. The other one looks perfectly good.
Also my other pair doesn't have any of these issues.
It really doesn't look as a thing that usually occurs on high quality shoes.
It depends on the leather used but crust leather tends to do have this variation, which leads to a nice patina over time. For example, my John Lobbs have an even color because of the type of leather. However, my EG and G&G (and my Exclusive AS) are made with crust leather, which is used because they tend to develop a nice patina. If you want a more even finish, maybe the other leather (I think it's boxcalf but I don't know the actual name) is better for your preferences. There is a pretty good thread that's about leathers used in shoemaking I just don't have the link to it at the moment.post #606 of 15638/8/13 at 8:11amThread StarterQuote:
Have not work the 7wk since AS recommends that you take it half a size down from the UK size. Since I wear UK6 in most AS shoes and they typically do not carry 5.5 in the 7wk, I haven't owned a pair in the last.
Theoretically, your UK size would probably be 1 full size down your Alden Barrie (e.g., AS 7wk would be a 5.5 if Alden Barrie is 6.5).post #607 of 15638/8/13 at 6:01pmAlfred Sargent for Paul Stuart. Paul Stuart continues to impress with their great range of shoe offerings. My favorite place to shop for shoes.
Midnight blue calf and suede. On last 106
Great waist treatment
The flash really brings out the blue. They are much darker in natural light. The suede is dark blue not grey. Will try to add some pictures in natural light tomorrow.
Only available in the store; not offered on the web site.
I am very pleased with these. A great alternative to a black cap toe.
Edited by Harrydog - 8/9/13 at 4:10ampost #608 of 15638/8/13 at 6:04pmpost #609 of 15638/8/13 at 6:09pmpost #610 of 15638/8/13 at 6:49pmpost #611 of 15638/8/13 at 7:45pmpost #612 of 15638/8/13 at 7:53pmThread Starterpost #613 of 15638/8/13 at 8:03pmpost #614 of 15638/9/13 at 3:01amQuote:Originally Posted by sask boot
I came across the Alfred Sargent boot on jcrew and it looks great. I called them and asked what last it is on and they told me 7WK. I also emailed them and they told me the 3050 last. On the Alfred sargent website I looked at the profile picture of the 3050 last and it looks huge. I have the Cambridge on the 87 last and it fits really well so I am worried that the 3050 last would be too loose. Does anyone have any experience with this last? Is it possible that the jcrew boot is on the 7WK? I am starting to develop an appreciation for Alfred Sargent and would like to build up a collection because they are great quality for a reasonable price. Any help would be great.
I have shoes on the 7wk and the 3050. The 7wk runs large and you would most likely want to drop half a size from your normal UK size. The 3050 is definitely shorter than the 7wk with a rounder toe, a little narrower, but feels to have more height across the vamp. I would suggest half a size up from the 7wk, which brings you back to normal sizing. I doubt the last shapes on the website are to scale. I am unable to compare them with the 87 last.
Looking at the top view on the J.Crew website the shape looks more like the 7wk to me. Given the differences in the two lasts I would get confirmation on this.post #615 of 15638/9/13 at 4:02am
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › The Only Still Living Men's Fashion Icon? 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 11 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers