or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 35

post #511 of 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by barky View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

I wear 6.5/7E EG 82/888; I am a 6F on most AS lasts (6.5F on the 99).

Thanks DpprDr.  Curious about the 99, I thought the 99 is wider/rounder than 109 so why the need to size up?

It really depends on your feet, I have wide feet, so I sized up 109s same as 99.
post #512 of 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post


It really depends on your feet, I have wide feet, so I sized up 109s same as 99.
 
I am a bit confused now.  So, if I am 6FUK on the 109, what should I be getting in the 82/888 and 808, 6E or 6.5E?  I am eyeing the Walcott which some retailers are stocking on the 82/888 but according to EG's catalog, they are on the 808. 
post #513 of 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

No matter how many pairs of shoes you have, you still need Moore wink.gif

could you whisper it softly?

foo.gif
post #514 of 1099
How much moore softly do you need him to say it?
post #515 of 1099
post #516 of 1099
Alfred Sargent Holburns arrived the other day made on the 87 last. I absolutely love this boot cause of its versatility. The leather quality is beautiful plus this last just seems like it was made for my feet smile.gif

They came from Richard and Michelle the 'Shoe Healers'...I would like to highly recommend them for their superb service and passion for what they do.


Look forward to enjoying these babies!
Hannovers next to the Holburns
post #517 of 1099
Thread Starter 
Glad to hear they worked out!
post #518 of 1099

The Moore went out of the house and into the office today for the first time. Felt very good but it developed a heel squeak much later in the day, which became quite prominent no matter how I walked.

 

An issue with the shoe length being a tad too long perhaps? I've heard talcum powder or cornstarch may help. Does anyone have any ideas? But dang, still very happy with the buy....

 

post #519 of 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowzer View Post

The Moore went out of the house and into the office today for the first time. Felt very good but it developed a heel squeak much later in the day, which became quite prominent no matter how I walked.

An issue with the shoe length being a tad too long perhaps? I've heard talcum powder or cornstarch may help. Does anyone have any ideas? But dang, still very happy with the buy....



Nice shoes indeed.
post #520 of 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northampton21 View Post

Alfred Sargent Holburns arrived the other day made on the 87 last. I absolutely love this boot cause of its versatility. The leather quality is beautiful plus this last just seems like it was made for my feet smile.gif

They came from Richard and Michelle the 'Shoe Healers'...I would like to highly recommend them for their superb service and passion for what they do.


Look forward to enjoying these babies!
Hannovers next to the Holburns

Would echo the service/passion of the guys at Shoehealer, truly exceptional service !! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #521 of 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowzer View Post

The Moore went out of the house and into the office today for the first time. Felt very good but it developed a heel squeak much later in the day, which became quite prominent no matter how I walked.

An issue with the shoe length being a tad too long perhaps? I've heard talcum powder or cornstarch may help. Does anyone have any ideas?
Can you locate where the squeaking is coming from?

I had GGs that squeaked at the edge of the heel counter, quite loudly too. Squeaked when you pressed on the spot too. Those needed to be repaired to fix the problem.

Maybe it's just the heels in your case. Not sure if length factors in though...
post #522 of 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Glad to hear they worked out!

Thanks!
post #523 of 1099
Was posting these in another thread, and realized I never posted them here.
Here they are when new.






They're about eight months old now:
AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark
post #524 of 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

Was posting these in another thread, and realized I never posted them here.
Here they are when new.






They're about eight months old now:
AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

Nice, though that's some real tall shaft boot (or just the picture)
post #525 of 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

Was posting these in another thread, and realized I never posted them here.
Here they are when new. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






They're about eight months old now:
AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

Nice, though that's some real tall shaft boot (or just the picture)

Beautiful, are they hard to put on and take off, that is the sole reason for my lack of boots....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.