or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 24

post #346 of 1150
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

i would only size down one in 724

+1

Probably the only pair of shoes that I wear almost every week! This says a lot since I have a number of shoes/boots:
Untitled
Around 1 year and they have aged nicely.
post #347 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

+1

Probably the only pair of shoes that I wear almost every week! This says a lot since I have a number of shoes/boots:
Untitled
Around 1 year and they have aged nicely.

then I suppose Moore is out then, my size were already sold out, guess I saved some money, though I will still give the sizing a try in Leffot this weekend, might as well get my size nailed down before they have a sale next time around...
post #348 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

+1

Probably the only pair of shoes that I wear almost every week! This says a lot since I have a number of shoes/boots:
Untitled
Around 1 year and they have aged nicely.

Looking good. ... very nice indeed! :-)
post #349 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post

I'm in the same boat. I have the chestnut Moores and haven't been able to find a matching belt. AE has belts that are close but I've read bad reviews of AE belt quality so can't bring myself to pull the trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

As long as you have a similar colour and texture, like dark brown to dark brown, mid to mid, and tan to tan, it's perfectly acceptable.

As you mentioned, it's very hard to match the exactly shade, and there are so many shades of brown, and I certainly don't intend to have one belt each to match all of my brown shoes!

Thank you both. I ended up finding a belt in a 'cognac' pebble grain. It is a decent match for colour, but perhaps not texture.

Also hope this might help re the chestnut belt:
http://www.afinepairofshoes.com/products/alfred-sargent-exclusive-leather-belt
post #350 of 1150
Thread Starter 
Whiskey shell Ramsey (AFPoS special MTO make-up)... I actually haven't seen others post pics of theirs
Untitled
post #351 of 1150

Hi all, I am looking to pick up the AS Moore in Oxblood from AFPOS but have some concern about the 724 last width (I believe they are an F). I have C&J Lowndes and Westbourne which fit perfectly and are E's, but I understand it differs for each last / manufacturer. Anyone know the Moore's are more narrow than C&J's 348 last? Would love to get my first pair of AS shoes.

 

I am a bit skeptical because last year I picked up some Allen Edmonds online that were on sale (thus non refundable unfortunately) that were D's, They were quite narrow and pinch the corners of my feet when I walk... I thought that was the last time i would pick up shoes online, but here I am again!

post #352 of 1150
^
They usually post measurements on the AFPOS website for each size, compare them to your C&Js, or ask for fit help on their affiliate thread...
post #353 of 1150
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcarsenal85 View Post

Hi all, I am looking to pick up the AS Moore in Oxblood from AFPOS but have some concern about the 724 last width (I believe they are an F). I have C&J Lowndes and Westbourne which fit perfectly and are E's, but I understand it differs for each last / manufacturer. Anyone know the Moore's are more narrow than C&J's 348 last? Would love to get my first pair of AS shoes.

I am a bit skeptical because last year I picked up some Allen Edmonds online that were on sale (thus non refundable unfortunately) that were D's, They were quite narrow and pinch the corners of my feet when I walk... I thought that was the last time i would pick up shoes online, but here I am again!

The 724 is wider than C&J's 348. I would compare the 724 closer to C&J's 341 but with a more chiseled toe. I assume the AE you got was on the 5, which is definitely narrower than the 348.

Another one for the stables:
Untitled

Thanks AFPoS!
post #354 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post


Another one for the stables:
Untitled

Thanks AFPoS!

Those look sweet! nod[1].gif
post #355 of 1150

That looks fantastic DpprDr! You're convincing me to go and give AFPOS a shot on the oxblood... I love the cherry color but I already have Westbourne's so theyre quite similar. Thanks for the great picture

post #356 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post


The 724 is wider than C&J's 348. I would compare the 724 closer to C&J's 341 but with a more chiseled toe. I assume the AE you got was on the 5, which is definitely narrower than the 348.

Another one for the stables: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Untitled

 



Thanks AFPoS!

Very nice.

 

You convinced me as well, just ordered my pair from AFPoS as well.

 

Are those the Cherry Moores?


Edited by dddrees - 6/21/13 at 6:45pm
post #357 of 1150
My Bexhills in action after a rainy day.

post #358 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

The 724 is wider than C
Very nice.

You convinced me as well, just ordered my pair from AFPoS as well.

Are those the Cherry Moores?

They are Cherry
post #359 of 1150
Shameless plug, anyone who missed the Moore, but want an AS Exclusive in Cherry

post #360 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post


Another one for the stables:
Untitled

Thanks AFPoS!

Those look great, not too red at all, will have to pick these up too...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.