or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 18

post #256 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Anyone have experience with the Pimlico on the 109 last from AFPOS?

I also noticed that all AS shoes are in F width, do AS shoes seem particularly wider than other english brands in the same size?
F is standard width, and the same as for example C&J's E width.
post #257 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


[/SPOILER]

I ordered a pair from Pediwear since they were giving away a free set of lasted shoe trees. They don't have my size in stock, but hopefully the factory will. Either way can't beat the price for these beauties.


I do think it's a bit odd that the Alfred Sargent website doesn't list these.

Thanks again for the sizing advice. Ordering a size down in the UK size from my US size should work just fine.


Cheers,


Dan

Just received an email that my shoes are on the way. Not bad considering they had to get them from the factory.

 

Also Pediwear said besides the free shoe trees they were sending a free tin of polish and shoe horn.

 

 

Looking forward to recieving my first pair of Alfred Sargents.

post #258 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Anyone have experience with the Pimlico on the 109 last from AFPOS?

I also noticed that all AS shoes are in F width, do AS shoes seem particularly wider than other english brands in the same size?

AS's F is the same as C&J's E fitting - also worth noting that we have had a range of finely crafted AS belts made in the same leather as the AS Exclusives shoes and any purchases over £300 get one free!

These belts are made for us by one of the best leather belt companies in England and feature hand stitching and two keepers.
post #259 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Just received an email that my shoes are on the way. Not bad considering they had to get them from the factory.

Also Pediwear said besides the free shoe trees they were sending a free tin of polish and shoe horn.


Looking forward to recieving my first pair of Alfred Sargents.

Nice deal, I am thinking of getting a pair.
post #260 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post


Nice deal, I am thinking of getting a pair.

I've been considering getting a pair of Chukkas for awhile.

 

I was actually looking at a pair of CJ's that Ben Silver was selling for the longest time until I saw these. I think the AS Radwells look quite a bit better, and I have read that the AS Exclusives are better than C&Js benchgrade shoes.

 

It's amazing but the Radwells' actually cost more than any of the C&J chukkas when purchased in England, however they cost $200 less with tress when purchased from the UK than Ben Silver is selling the C&J chukkas and shoe trees for.

post #261 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

I've been considering getting a pair of Chukkas for awhile.

I was actually looking at a pair of CJ's that Ben Silver was selling for the longest time until I saw these. I think the AS Radwells look quite a bit better, and I have read that the AS Exclusives are better than C&Js benchgrade shoes.

It's amazing but the Radwells' actually cost more than any of the C&J chukkas when purchased in England, however they cost $200 less with tress when purchased from the UK than Ben Silver is selling the C&J chukkas and shoe trees for.
And they are most certainly better than C&J benchgrade. Actually very close to the Handgrade line in my oppinion and I own several pairs of both brands.
post #262 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

And they are most certainly better than C&J benchgrade. Actually very close to the Handgrade line in my oppinion and I own several pairs of both brands.

Same here!
post #263 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post


And they are most certainly better than C&J benchgrade. Actually very close to the Handgrade line in my oppinion and I own several pairs of both brands.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post


Same here!

I'm kind of surprised there isn't a bit more Luv for the AS brand here.

 

 

However it appears as it wasn't until 2009 when they made the changes to the brand which have made their Exclusive line so good.

 

I've been looking to get a pair of AS shoes for awhile and when I saw the Radwells I figured it was about time.

 

 

The other two which I have some interest in would be the Ramsey or the Miller.

 

The MTO Miller in Cognac Shell and I believe dark oak would be the one I would get. 

post #264 of 947
It looks like Sargent is cannibalizing their own Exclusive line by producing the same shoes for Herring. Makes little sense to me. But, it definitely explains why our MTO Exclusives from AFPOS are taking well beyond their scheduled delivery date.

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2013/05/herring-alfred-sargent-1966-collection.html#comment-form
post #265 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman View Post

It looks like Sargent is cannibalizing their own Exclusive line by producing the same shoes for Herring. Makes little sense to me. But, it definitely explains why our MTO Exclusives from AFPOS are taking well beyond their scheduled delivery date.

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2013/05/herring-alfred-sargent-1966-collection.html#comment-form

I just surprised they aren't more available here in the States.

 

 

I'm just glad it looks like they are trying to expand and do more business somewhere.

 

 

I hope this works well for them.

post #266 of 947

Just received them today.

 

 

AS Radwells.

post #267 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Just received them today.


AS Radwells.


Awesome! I ordered a pair from Pediwear as well thanks to your post regarding the free shoe tree offer. Mine appears to have been shipped out today. May I ask how long the transit was for yours (assuming you're in the US)?

You've mentioned that these are your first pair of AS. What's your initial opinion on them?
post #268 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post


Awesome! I ordered a pair from Pediwear as well thanks to your post regarding the free shoe tree offer. Mine appears to have been shipped out today. May I ask how long the transit was for yours (assuming you're in the US)?

You've mentioned that these are your first pair of AS. What's your initial opinion on them?

They didn't have my size in stock so they had to get them from the factory. I ordered them on a Saturday and they attempted delivery on the following Saturday, but I was not home. Because yesterday was Memorial Day I was unable to pick them up at the Post Office until today. I would say that's pretty good since I live in the States.

 

My initial impressions are quite favorable. They look great, and it appears as they are constructed real well.

 

 

I was rather surprised but very happy to be offered a 10% discount and free shipping on all future purchases of AS shoes from Pediwear.  This excludes special offers of course.

post #269 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

Awesome! I ordered a pair from Pediwear as well thanks to your post regarding the free shoe tree offer. Mine appears to have been shipped out today. May I ask how long the transit was for yours (assuming you're in the US)?


You've mentioned that these are your first pair of AS. What's your initial opinion on them?
They didn't have my size in stock so they had to get them from the factory. I ordered them on a Saturday and they attempted delivery on the following Saturday, but I was not home. Because yesterday was Memorial Day I was unable to pick them up at the Post Office until today. I would say that's pretty good since I live in the States.

My initial impressions are quite favorable. They look great, and it appears as they are constructed real well.


I was rather surprised but very happy to be offered a 10% discount and free shipping on all future purchases of AS shoes from Pediwear.  This excludes special offers of course.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Looking forward to maybe receiving the Radwells this week.icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #270 of 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post


Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Looking forward to maybe receiving the Radwells this week.icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

No problem, let us know how it goes.

 

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I think I will enjoy mine.

 

 

Cheers,

 

Dan

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.