or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 15

post #211 of 1202

could you tell me what these boots are and where i could get them

post #212 of 1202
Thread Starter 
A Fine Pair of Shoes- they are great people!
post #213 of 1202
Thread Starter 
Those are great boots...
post #214 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post

They look great.  How is the fit on them? TTS? 

Thanks. Haven't been wearing them much yet (just tried) but I'd say they fit TTS. I have Moore (adelaides) with same last in the same size and they fit pretty much similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

A.J.V
What is the color of those hatch grain boots? Nice boots by the way.

Cheers! I think the color is called Sienna (brown).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainslie Gordon View Post

could you tell me what these boots are and where i could get them

The model name is Radwell (as mentioned above) and got them from A Fine Pair of Shoes. Check more details from their website.

And thanks for all the comments, I'm definitely happy with what I got.
post #215 of 1202

Just got my new pair of Hunts in mahogany from AFPOS. They fit really well, but I think there's a slight issue with the heel on the left shoe--there's some irregularity with the sole/heel and the shoe rocks back and forth on the vertical axis about .5 cm. Waiting to hear back from the folks over AFPOS. 

 

Here're some pictures--excuse the poor quality.

 

 

post #216 of 1202
Thread Starter 
Hunts look excellent. Can you elaborate on the heel rocking that you mentioned? Never had this happen to any of my AS.

Untitled
post #217 of 1202

Nice Hunts emiristol. I have them myself and have never regretted buying them.

post #218 of 1202
Agreed those Hunts look nice! I've been eyeing them up for a while although have a couple of this style in my rotation. Does anyone have photos of the Ramsey please after a couple of years wear?
post #219 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concub1ne View Post

Nice Hunts emiristol. I have them myself and have never regretted buying them.
Same for me. Love my pair.
post #220 of 1202

I'm not sure if others have already posted this, but Gilt has some Exclusive range offerings at good prices.  I picked up some Hannover boots for $350.  I've been wanting this pair for sometime.  

post #221 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by calidist View Post

I'm not sure if others have already posted this, but Gilt has some Exclusive range offerings at good prices.  I picked up some Hannover boots for $350.  I've been wanting this pair for sometime.  
Aw, man! I would have gotten those boots too if they had my size. Looks like they still have some Charltons left if anyone wants 'em. I'm really liking my pair that I got a couple of weeks ago from AFPOS.
post #222 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post


Aw, man! I would have gotten those boots too if they had my size. Looks like they still have some Charltons left if anyone wants 'em. I'm really liking my pair that I got a couple of weeks ago from AFPOS.

 

What size are you?  I ordered 7.5UK.  I am wearing another AS pair on the 87 last (Dulwich) in 8UK today and they're a bit big (I wear thicker socks and a Pedag full length insole with them), so I'm hoping the 7.5UK will work in the Hannover.  7.5UK will be a whole size down from my US size.  The Charltons are a great looking shoe as well!  I don't understand though why they are $100 more than the Hannover.  I think the retail was or is the same on both.

post #223 of 1202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsion View Post

Agreed those Hunts look nice! I've been eyeing them up for a while although have a couple of this style in my rotation. Does anyone have photos of the Ramsey please after a couple of years wear?

I think the Exclusive line has not been out for that long (less than 2 years); however, from what I have seen the uppers have held up pretty well.
post #224 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Hunts look excellent. Can you elaborate on the heel rocking that you mentioned? Never had this happen to any of my AS.
 

 

There isn't any visible defect on the heel and sole, but it's slightly imbalanced. I think it's got something to do with the shape of the outsole or something. It's not very noticeable unless I stand straight up, but when I do, it causes a non-trivial amount of discomfort  The folks at AFPOS said such imbalances are rare, but that they do occur, but that they usually go away within a few weeks of wearing them, so we'll see what happens. 

post #225 of 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

I think the Exclusive line has not been out for that long (less than 2 years); however, from what I have seen the uppers have held up pretty well.
I have four pairs, all about one year old. All look great.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.