or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 117

post #1741 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan88 View Post

Alfred Sargent does, to my knowledge, not have an own place of retail. Bowen (same owners as AS) do though, and sell Alfred Sargent.

Yes, there is no clear brand identity at present. The Bowen shop in Piccadilly Arcade is worth visiting. I popped in a few months ago and it had the Armfields on sale, which were spectacular. Sadly the last (99, I think) did not work for me. Bowen is a French company - maybe the name has more recognition there.
post #1742 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan88 View Post
 


Alfred Sargent does, to my knowledge, not have an own place of retail. Bowen (same owners as AS) do though, and sell Alfred Sargent.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atia2 View Post


Yes, there is no clear brand identity at present. The Bowen shop in Piccadilly Arcade is worth visiting. I popped in a few months ago and it had the Armfields on sale, which were spectacular. Sadly the last (99, I think) did not work for me. Bowen is a French company - maybe the name has more recognition there.

 

Oh wow...

 

http://www.bowen.fr/Balmoral-Boot/1457035.html 

 

post #1743 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweino View Post

Good to see you got them, they were indeed a steal. I was eyeballing them too but you pulled the trigger before me smile.gif

Here is some more info on them http://www.stitchedandstitched.com/?p=753

Thanks Schweino. ..yes not very often do they come up for sale. I've always wanted AS handgrades due to the amazing quality there. Very pleased. Good link there. .😊
post #1744 of 1754
I ha
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockwellDay View Post



Oh wow...

http://www.bowen.fr/Balmoral-Boot/1457035.html 



I have always loved AS quality and hence never been dissapointed. I have the above boot on the 109 last and works beautifully well.

...and here is Alfred Sargents collaboration with Herring the Raleigh. .
post #1745 of 1754

Hi, ATIA2. I'm interested in the black shoes from the AFPOS too. So can you tell me more feeling after your wearing? Is the last 87 a little wider than the 109? And how about its quality? Really thx.

post #1746 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiyang0113 View Post

Hi, ATIA2. I'm interested in the black shoes from the AFPOS too. So can you tell me more feeling after your wearing? Is the last 87 a little wider than the 109? And how about its quality? Really thx.

Hello. The last is quite short and rather spacious in the instep. I wouldn't say it is unusually wide. I can't compare it to other lasts, but you should ask Sarah at AFPOS about this. She is extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Regarding quality, I consider them on a par with C&J. The AFPOS black caps have two design features which make them particularly interesting: the balmoral/galosh throat which extends all the way to the heel; and the swan neck stitching. They are very distinguished shoes.

Hope this helps.
post #1747 of 1754
Really thank you for your sharing. So is the leather quality as good as the c&j main collection?
Edited by haiyang0113 - 7/3/16 at 6:36am
post #1748 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiyang0113 View Post

Really thank you for your sharing. So is the leather quality as good as the c&j's non-hand grade shoes?
post #1749 of 1754

 

AS Moore Chestnut 

post #1750 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiyang0113 View Post

Really thank you for your sharing. So is the leather quality as good as the c&j main collection?

Yes, I would say the leather and construction are of similar quality. I don't think you will be disappointed.
post #1751 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dembowski View Post




AS Moore Chestnut 

Dembowski the Moores in chestnut look great! 👍
post #1752 of 1754

Hello, 

 

Recent member here. 

 

Picture of my AS Moore in Cheery and Burgundy.

 

post #1753 of 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm07 View Post

Hello, 

Recent member here. 

Picture of my AS Moore in Cheery and Burgundy.



Well played and welcome nod[1].gif
post #1754 of 1754
Would someone that's a US 8D please just go ahead and buy these for $299?
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Suede-Perforated-Medallions/050H,default,pd.html





Alfred Sargents with channeled soles for $299 is an amazing price. I understand some people might hesitate over a suede balmoral, but I have almost the identical shoe by Vass and a suede half brogue bal is a really awesome shoe. Someone should jump on these!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.