or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 108

post #1606 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Thanks Fred, I picked up a pair of Bexhill for $235.00 Not a bad price I think.
Yeah, that's a great price! Actually, I just realized when I posted that PSA I didn't post the price without VAT. For US folks the Moores, Armfields, and Ramseys are only $291! Unfortunately for me, no UK9s available in any of the AS in the sale.
post #1607 of 1903

What color of Saphir products are people using for the Cherry Adelaides?

post #1608 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

What color of Saphir products are people using for the Cherry Adelaides?
Neutral biggrin.gif
post #1609 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Neutral biggrin.gif

 

As do I but I noticed within the creases the color has been getting lighter. I wanna restore it.

post #1610 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post
 

 

As do I but I noticed within the creases the color has been getting lighter. I wanna restore it.

Mahogany polish was the one AFPOS sent with my order. I think it work well. You can go with burgundy, brown or even black if you are looking to darken/patina them a little bit. I used a bit of black on the toes of mine and I like it. 

post #1611 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


Thanks Fred, I picked up a pair of Bexhill for $235.00 Not a bad price I think.

 

Just picked up a pair as well. I've been looking to get a snuff suede chukka, preferably unlined, but for $235, I'm not going to be too picky. 

post #1612 of 1903
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

As do I but I noticed within the creases the color has been getting lighter. I wanna restore it.
I want to say I used mahogany; Hermes red was too light.
post #1613 of 1903

 

AS Hannover

post #1614 of 1903
Do you guys go one full size down on 7 wk last also? From US sizing.
post #1615 of 1903
I hadn't logged into the AFPOS site in a while to check for samples and closeouts (you have to be logged in to see them) but they have some great stuff in there right now! If anyone needs a longwing, this "American Longwing" is only $242 for firsts with lots of sizes left.
http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/seconds-samples/products/eol-mahogany-longwing



post #1616 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Do you guys go one full size down on 7 wk last also? From US sizing.

Don't know about US sizing but normally 1/2 size down from my standard UK size. ..
post #1617 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northampton21 View Post

Don't know about US sizing but normally 1/2 size down from my standard UK size. ..
Ok thx I am. 8.5uk on EG so will try 8uk
post #1618 of 1903
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Ok thx I am. 8.5uk on EG so will try 8uk
Typically full size down from US for most lasts. FYI 7WK is more generous than that. The reason I haven't picked any up as they don't go small enough smile.gif
post #1619 of 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedDx View Post

Typically full size down from US for most lasts. FYI 7WK is more generous than that. The reason I haven't picked any up as they don't go small enough smile.gif
Came across boot it's dirt cheap but will pass because it's 8.5uk. I only have Ramsey on 106 last made for nmwa, size 9uk worked well. Only other shoe I have tried is 87 last from jcrew DM 9.5US & 9uk worked well.
post #1620 of 1903

Gents, I have a question. How do AS handgrades differ from the exclusive line?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.