Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 10:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 6:54 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 105post #1561 of 190311/23/15 at 7:03pmpost #1562 of 190311/24/15 at 9:53ampost #1563 of 190311/24/15 at 3:44pmpost #1564 of 190311/25/15 at 8:28amAnybody have experience with the AS at Bloomingdale? How do they compare to the Exclusive line? Any idea what last this is? Thanks!
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/alfred-sargent-derby-cap-toe-oxfords?ID=1472209&CategoryID=3864&linkModule=1#fn=spp%3D6%26ppp%3D180%26sp%3D1%26rid%3D%26spc%3D6%26cm_kws%3Dalfred sargent %26pn%3D1post #1565 of 190311/25/15 at 8:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Axieldor
Anybody have experience with the AS at Bloomingdale? How do they compare to the Exclusive line? Any idea what last this is? Thanks!
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/alfred-sargent-derby-cap-toe-oxfords?ID=1472209&CategoryID=3864&linkModule=1#fn=spp%3D6%26ppp%3D180%26sp%3D1%26rid%3D%26spc%3D6%26cm_kws%3Dalfred sargent %26pn%3D1
I was looking at these earlier (they have a cool cherry semi brogue and a pebbled captoe blucher that I like). They are a step lower than the exclusive line, probably closer to AS made for J Crew and Herring which means open channel soles which are not tapered in the waist.
The uppers are probably the same quality and goodyear welting is still goodyear welting. At around $400 these are a decent buy considering that's the retail cost for Allen Edmonds these days. AS for Herring is about $370 before shipping so you can compare to that. The Charles II is basically the Armfield while the shoes you linked to look like they might be on a different last.post #1566 of 190311/25/15 at 10:23ampost #1567 of 190311/25/15 at 1:26pmpost #1568 of 190311/25/15 at 1:27pmpost #1569 of 190311/25/15 at 1:32pmQuote:
Why I am not surprised NH21, that you have them already!? It is exactly Holborn I was asking for. Really happy with your opinion, as I have ordered them this week too. Thank you for picture and replay!post #1570 of 190311/25/15 at 1:53pmQuote:
Lol.I must say Dembowski that these have served so well. Very nice leather indeed and 89 last is elegant yet comfortable too. I thought the Holburn was discontinued...where are getting them from if you don't mind me asking.
I know about Yanko but price vs quality I feel AS has amazing value to offer.post #1571 of 190311/25/15 at 2:47pmpost #1572 of 190311/26/15 at 1:47am
NH21 - thank you for additional info. I was trying to buy them for a very long time. I finally got them on eBay. Brand new never worn, simply wrong sizing, and they were waiting for me in the box - just for 195 GBP.
Regarding Yanko and AS - of course there is no comparison. AS has much better leather, craftsmanship and lasts. However, what I Iike in Yanko, is the 915 last and possibility to select leather, suede and combine colours you like, and still around 200 GBP.post #1573 of 190311/26/15 at 2:30ampost #1574 of 190311/26/15 at 2:46am
Yes I do as I have AS Cambridge and Hannover, and I assume that Holburn is on the same last - such info is on the AS website. I never heard about 89 last.
So last 87 is excellent - I really love it. Pretty slick, what makes boot a boot, but still looks elegant.
I am just now checking, what last is on Holborn. My shoes will be delivered within 2 weeks, so then I will be able to make comparison, if there is any difference
Mpost #1575 of 190311/26/15 at 4:27amQuote:Originally Posted by EUtroll
Do you've any experience with the 87 last? I love the fit of the 89, but have heard that the 87 last is narrower?
Many thanks in advance.
I made a typo earlier. The Holburn, Cambridge and Hannover are all on 87 last which I think has a great balance in terms of looks and comfort. If you are a regular width you should have no probs with the 87 as fits true to size.
I do havery a pair on 89 last but E fitting. It's a 3 eyelet apron derby grain shoe. In my opinion it seems to have a slightly pointier toe compared to 87...but this could seem so due to the E fitting hence slightly narrower width compared to 87F. I do find 87 to be generous without having too much room or looking bulky.
Hope this helps...
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Rudy 33 - Green Donegal 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 20 minutes ago
- › NEW Tom Ford Glen Plaid 3-Piece Suit Size 46C/36S 21 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway