Can you do a side by side of the 724 and the 48 last?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 11:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 8:29 am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 103post #1532 of 191111/4/15 at 1:33pmQuote:
I'll post when I get home. The G&Gs aren't mine. Unfortunately. I just collect pics of Adelaides. I have C&Js Westbournes and the two AS above.post #1533 of 191111/4/15 at 4:55pmQuote:
Here are the Blake in a 7.5 on the 48 and the Moore in an 8 on the 724.
Both from AFPOS. The Moore in burgundy - in stock on the site. The Blake in burnished oak and finished to exclusive standard, not handgrade. I really like the deep color of the burnished oak toe cap. Just got back from a trip and haven't swapped out my travel trees.
I said I prefer the 724, but that's really because it fits better on my foot. The shape of the 48 is slightly more pleasing to my eye.post #1534 of 191111/10/15 at 2:45pmpost #1535 of 191111/10/15 at 6:01pmpost #1536 of 191111/10/15 at 6:17pmpost #1537 of 191111/10/15 at 6:58pmQuote:
Those look to be a really good fit for you! They are like leather socks on the across the instep. Trousers look sharp as well.post #1538 of 191111/10/15 at 7:12pmpost #1539 of 191111/10/15 at 7:12pmpost #1540 of 191111/10/15 at 8:23pmI got in touch with Richard the Shoehealer about the possibility of Mr. Alfred recreating these desert chukka boots. He contacted them, and although it's not a style they currently offer, they would indeed be willing to do it as a GMTO. If anyone is interested, I'm proposing we simply recreate it thusly:
Alfred Sargent for Ralph Lauren
Style name: Holburn
Unlined suede (either snuff or mid-brown)
Natural crepe sole
Antique storm welt
Price would be approx. £340 inc. VAT, or £283 exc. VAT ($429). Shipping included.
Richard would pick up some of the orders, we would likely need 6 (me + 5 others) to get it going.
PM me with questions.
Photos thanks to @SuitedDxpost #1541 of 191111/10/15 at 11:31pmpost #1542 of 191111/16/15 at 1:49pmpost #1543 of 191111/16/15 at 5:03pmpost #1544 of 191111/16/15 at 6:01pmQuote:
Thank you for the tip, will do.
Also, does anyone know on which last these AS for J Crew are made? Possibly may order for a sizing reference since I have a bit of store credit.post #1545 of 191111/16/15 at 6:04pmQuote:I have picked up AS from them & they are on 86 last & you take your normal US D sizing.Originally Posted by mljs54
Thank you for the tip, will do.
Also, does anyone know on which last these AS for J Crew are made? Possibly may order for a sizing reference since I have a bit of store credit.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1501 Active Users (316 Members and 1185 Guests)
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 10 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 13 minutes ago
- › Mid-Range Classic Outwear-Need your help making a list of... 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 15 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway