Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 3:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 2/5/16 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. - Page 2post #16 of 16687/7/12 at 5:47pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 16687/7/12 at 6:32pmThread Starterpost #18 of 16687/7/12 at 7:08pmpost #19 of 16687/7/12 at 8:28pmpost #20 of 16687/8/12 at 10:46amQuote:
They're Exclusives modeled on these Alden for Leather Soul in #4 & black shell.
I ordered them last Dec. & expected them in March. Chay told me in March that they were behind schedule & then in April that the 1st pair had been damaged in the factory. Back to the starting point. I'm sure they'll be worth the wait.post #21 of 16687/8/12 at 11:13amPimlico (Exclusive Grade from AFPOS)
I've posted these before - but thought I'd help this thread get started.
I'm VERY happy with the quality of these shoes - especially the leather. It seems quite similar to the leather used on G&Gs.
Edited by Gdot - 7/8/12 at 11:25ampost #22 of 16687/9/12 at 9:18ampost #23 of 16687/9/12 at 9:23ampost #24 of 16687/9/12 at 9:24amThread Starterpost #25 of 16687/9/12 at 9:39ampost #26 of 16687/9/12 at 1:27pmThread Starterpost #27 of 16687/9/12 at 1:36pmpost #28 of 16687/9/12 at 1:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by dsmivtr
Looks a little tight on you... I think they'll fit someone who is a half size smaller much better :nodding
You are actually not too far wrong. These were on the uncomfortable side of tight in the toe width when new. But are now getting on the comfortable side of tight. I sized down to a 6.5 UK in a fit of bravado but this last (106) is pretty narrow in the toes.
But for now they are mine and I'll thank you to keep your smelly feet out of them!post #29 of 16687/9/12 at 2:05pm
I take pictures most every weekday for the rock your socks thread. I have them all saved. So that gives me a pretty good guess.
I assume no one is going to take me to task on being off by a wearing or two - so don't get too impressed. I don't keep a log book or anything obsessive like that.
Edited by Gdot - 7/9/12 at 4:27pmpost #30 of 16687/10/12 at 8:19amThread Starter
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 59 seconds ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › Los Angeles - Tuxedo Shopping 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...