or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › James Bond Trailer SKYFALL- Tom Ford wardrobe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

James Bond Trailer SKYFALL- Tom Ford wardrobe - Page 5

post #61 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarks View Post

Too small. The elegance of the suit has been taken away.
Looks like the button stance has been elevated as well.
It is midnight blue - sure looks like it.

+1. Not a fan of this new look, it's pretty much the anti TF

Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

It's like they removed all the distinguishing features of TF suits...ridiculous. However, I haven't seen fit-pics of his new designs, which may tell us more.
Edit: Frankie said it.

Not quit as eloquently.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff13007 View Post


I'm pretty sure the costume designer had a hand in this. Ive said this in another thread but regardless of what you see in bond, or on the TF website if you walk into a TF store (the madison ave one at lease) 90% of what you find on the first floor which is dedicated to suiting and formal wear is still the same wide lapeled 5 cuff button, ticket pocketed suits/tuxes that we have all become used too. Come to think about it last time i was in bergdorfs a few weeks back majority of the stuff in their TF section is still the same old stuff as well.

Absolutely. Just wish TF was being showcased to the millions that are going to see this film in all it's glory.  

post #62 of 300
These suits are terrible. Considering James Bond was actually what first got me into menswear, its very disappointing.

They have gone for a very trendy look. In two years, it will look ridiculous. See Timothy Dalton's oversized 80's suits, or Roger Moore's bell bottoms. It doesn't age well.

No, scratch that, it looks ridiculous now.

I get that they need OTR suits so that they can buy 50 of them to replace those destroyed in filming... But can't they at least buy ones that fit? These look *awful*.

The only good thing I have seen thus far is that the tuxedo is midnight blue. Too bad it doesn't fit and looks terrible on him.
post #63 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

These suits are terrible. Considering James Bond was actually what first got me into menswear, its very disappointing.
They have gone for a very trendy look. In two years, it will look ridiculous. See Timothy Dalton's oversized 80's suits, or Roger Moore's bell bottoms. It doesn't age well.
No, scratch that, it looks ridiculous now.
I get that they need OTR suits so that they can buy 50 of them to replace those destroyed in filming... But can't they at least buy ones that fit? These look *awful*.
The only good thing I have seen thus far is that the tuxedo is midnight blue. Too bad it doesn't fit and looks terrible on him.

Well it's a modern time. And I couldnt disagree more with you. Daniel Craig wearing perfect fitted TF suits that looks awesome on him. You can't compare old bond movies with a totally diffrent outfit (more classic) then now.

 

Did you want him to wear vintage clothing by Brioni in HD quality? 

post #64 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Well it's a modern time. And I couldnt disagree more with you. Daniel Craig wearing perfect fitted TF suits that looks awesome on him. You can't compare old bond movies with a totally diffrent outfit (more classic) then now.

Did you want him to wear vintage clothing by Brioni in HD quality? 

I don't think many people agree with you that his suits look awesome on him, and they *certainly* are not "perfect fitted". I've got no problem with a more modern look--the TF suits in QoS weren't bad. These though? Look at the pulling at the waist, the bowing of the lapels, and the huge collar gap. That isn't "modern". That's not fitting.
post #65 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

I don't think many people agree with you that his suits look awesome on him, and they *certainly* are not "perfect fitted". I've got no problem with a more modern look--the TF suits in QoS weren't bad. These though? Look at the pulling at the waist, the bowing of the lapels, and the huge collar gap. That isn't "modern". That's not fitting.

But the tux pic isn't from skyfall; it's a promo pic of him wearing Tom Ford. The fit looks better in the movie.
post #66 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post


I don't think many people agree with you that his suits look awesome on him, and they *certainly* are not "perfect fitted". I've got no problem with a more modern look--the TF suits in QoS weren't bad. These though? Look at the pulling at the waist, the bowing of the lapels, and the huge collar gap. That isn't "modern". That's not fitting.

Which fit are you talking about now in Skyfall? And as i've read many do not like it, I do and will stick to that.

post #67 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Did you want him to wear vintage clothing by Brioni in HD quality? 

I'd have him in H&M-suits if they fitted better. These suits are on par with Dalton's 80's suits. I always cringe when I jog past a local ad for Skyfall.


Fleming and Broccoli would be turning in their graves by now.
post #68 of 300
his suits look awesome. He looks like a complete boss.
post #69 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

his suits look awesome. He looks like a complete boss.

It is and he is. 

post #70 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post

I think so too. I think an extra 1" all over would work better I think he always looks a bit self conscious and uncomfortable and dare I say a little prissy?
talk about prissy though Roger Moore is my favorite Bond dresser.

Sorry, but it has to be Connery. Roger Moore introduced the safari suit.
post #71 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragon View Post

Sorry, but it has to be Connery. Roger Moore introduced the safari suit.

Roger Moore is the Bond most comfortable in a suit.
post #72 of 300

And Daniel Craig has the worst looking face/head ever anyway. Wasn't he going to quit after P/QoS?

post #73 of 300
These suits make me a sad movie goer. I don't mind slim fitting suits and narrower ties, it feels like a homage to the 60's Bond. Daniel Craig's look is also masculine and true to the original Bond look. These suits are ill fitting though. There is bowing and straining fabric all over, and that's never flattering.
post #74 of 300
DB5 looks great, Craig doesn't.

As someone else stated, he looks to be wearing a off-the-rack Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald suit.

Please go back to the row.
post #75 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post

On a sidenote, looks like a shawl lapel tux this time around. I think the other two Daniel Craig ones were both peak lapel.

Casino Royale was a Brioni peak lapel. Quantum of Solace was a Tom Ford shawl. Craig must really like the TF (who wouldn't) as he's worn it to the Oscars and had it on in the Olympics opening ceremony sketch with Queen Elizabeth II.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › James Bond Trailer SKYFALL- Tom Ford wardrobe