or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › James Bond Trailer SKYFALL- Tom Ford wardrobe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

James Bond Trailer SKYFALL- Tom Ford wardrobe - Page 9

post #121 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric View Post

I agree. Though the best overcoat, hands down, was Roger Moore's chesterfield in Live and Let Die.

That was a great coat, was just thinking about it.

I do like the DB overcoat at the end of QoS, but I have a thing for DB overcoats.
post #122 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMarce21 View Post

the, uhh, pocket square is nice.... Jesus. How does Ford let something like this go?

I keep wondering this. He is a very high profile wearer of their brand--how they hell don't they send a competent tailor to him? Or at least someone to tell him this shit doesn't even come close to fitting?
post #123 of 300

It was some guy from Texas or something who tailored his clothes, no?

post #124 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post


I keep wondering this. He is a very high profile wearer of their brand--how they hell don't they send a competent tailor to him? Or at least someone to tell him this shit doesn't even come close to fitting?

I don't think its the tailoring as much as they are trying to shove a square peg in a round hole. The O'conner cut simply does not work for athletic reasonably muscular men.  To slim/tight everywhere, short, etc.  It might work on a very thin model, but not on Craig.  They must have mixed up the Thome Brown and Tom Ford folders at the factory. 

post #125 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

I don't think its the tailoring as much as they are trying to shove a square peg in a round hole. The O'conner cut simply does not work for athletic reasonably muscular men.  To slim/tight everywhere, short, etc.  It might work on a very thin model, but not on Craig.  They must have mixed up the Thome Brown and Tom Ford folders at the factory. 

The 'cut' you refer to is a styling issue. The problems pertain to fit. Any competant tailor should be able to ensure that a suit (of whatever style / cut) fit the client properly (or, at the very least, not as horribly as Craig's suits fit him).

Its far more likely that they sent a bunch of suits to Craig on set, and the 'stylists' on set assumed a tighter fit = a more modern, stylish fit.
post #126 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric View Post

Its far more likely that they sent a bunch of suits to Craig on set, and the 'stylists' on set assumed a tighter fit = a more modern, stylish fit.

Agree.
post #127 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post


I keep wondering this. He is a very high profile wearer of their brand--how they hell don't they send a competent tailor to him? Or at least someone to tell him this shit doesn't even come close to fitting?

Precisely!

post #128 of 300

700

post #129 of 300
Is this Tom Ford? I ask because of the bowing lapels, extra slim sleeves, etc.

post #130 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

Is this Tom Ford? I ask because of the bowing lapels, extra slim sleeves, etc.

Almost certainly, but I'm no TF expert.
post #131 of 300
^^^ It is TF. Barchetta breast pocket. 3 button sleeves as of 2012.
From what I can see, he is also wearing TF's cylinder white gold cuff links.
post #132 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarks View Post

^^^ It is TF. Barchetta breast pocket. 3 button sleeves as of 2012.
From what I can see, he is also wearing TF's cylinder white gold cuff links.

Makes sense--besides its association with the movie (and the likely contractual obligations that go with that), Craig has talked about how he likes TF.

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to know how to wear it, but that;s a different story.
post #133 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

Is this Tom Ford? I ask because of the bowing lapels, extra slim sleeves, etc.

Suit by Tom Ford, with jacket sleeves by Thom Browne.
post #134 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

Is this Tom Ford? I ask because of the bowing lapels, extra slim sleeves, etc.

Yup you can tell by the lapel button hole and the last sleeve button hole longer than the other two, easiest ways to spot a TF suit
post #135 of 300
This ultra-tight crap is so weird since Craig does know how to properly tailor a TF getup...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › James Bond Trailer SKYFALL- Tom Ford wardrobe