Related Forum Threads
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on Today at 4:32 am in Streetwear and Denim
- FS: Like new LVC 1950s Hawaiian shirt size small Last post on 3/31/13 at 9:41pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Are these pants classified as Chinos? Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:20pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Brands for Basicspost #1 of 66/10/12 at 4:34pmThread StarterI'm just starting to get into owning nicer clothes and have been moving slowly into the slim fitting (or well fitting) clothes for a while now. I have read articles and posts but my biggest problem with finding clothes is knowing which brands of clothes are the best bang for the buck. I feel like I've spent so much money in the past on clothes I thought were well made/fit well only to have them fall apart a year later. I have figured out the fit aspect and now I need to figure out which brands are best. I'm not looking for the best/most expensive just well priced clothes that are well made and will last long. I am 5'10" and 160 lbs (athletic build) and need to buy slim shirts and pants/jeans. Brands of clothes I'm looking for are casual wear. Articles like: Dress Shirts, T-Shirts (V-Necks), Raw Denim, Chinos/Khakis, Hoodies, and Blazers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 66/10/12 at 5:20pmpost #3 of 66/10/12 at 5:38pmThread StarterQuote:
I'd say $100-$200 for jeans, $50-$100 for shirts, $20-$30 for t-shirts, and $200 or so for a blazer, obviously if I can get them you less that's what I'd prefer but I could pay these amounts fine.post #4 of 66/10/12 at 5:48pmpost #5 of 66/10/12 at 7:43pm
I'm in a similair spot as you. I've gotten a lot of good information about basics from this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/279552/the-official-affordable-swag-thread
My build is: 6'1", 165 lbs.
I stepped up my denim game from $40 slim-straight levi's (size 31), to apc ns indigo (size 28). I couldn't be happier with the apc's since they have broken in. Other denim I liked when trying on is: nudie slim jims, n&f weird guy, acne max cash. For t-shirts, h&m house brand (logg, not "divided") fit me very well in size medium. The next best fit in t-shirts is bdg from urban outfitters, although the necks are too tight for me.
And the rest is still a work in progress...post #6 of 66/10/12 at 8:17pmQuote:
given sales or B&S prices, you could upgrade from uniqlo and grab the following:
shirts: gitman vintage, band of outsiders (if it fits your figure), wolf vs. goat
t-shirts: american apparel, alternative apparel, uniqlo
jeans: wings + horns, APC
sweaters: sns herning
blazers: no idea, you're on your own
also try checking out yoox once in a while if you're feeling adventurous. good return policy and can often times find neat stuff that fits your bill.
- Brands for Basics
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Foo shops for a Japanese knife 25 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 55 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › My wedding... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...