Related Forum Threads
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- FINAL PRICE | NWT-Paul Smith Faux Suede Turtleneck Overshirt size M Last post on 1/11/16 at 11:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FS: Like new LVC 1950s Hawaiian shirt size small Last post on 3/31/13 at 9:41pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Brands for Basicspost #1 of 66/10/12 at 4:34pmThread StarterI'm just starting to get into owning nicer clothes and have been moving slowly into the slim fitting (or well fitting) clothes for a while now. I have read articles and posts but my biggest problem with finding clothes is knowing which brands of clothes are the best bang for the buck. I feel like I've spent so much money in the past on clothes I thought were well made/fit well only to have them fall apart a year later. I have figured out the fit aspect and now I need to figure out which brands are best. I'm not looking for the best/most expensive just well priced clothes that are well made and will last long. I am 5'10" and 160 lbs (athletic build) and need to buy slim shirts and pants/jeans. Brands of clothes I'm looking for are casual wear. Articles like: Dress Shirts, T-Shirts (V-Necks), Raw Denim, Chinos/Khakis, Hoodies, and Blazers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 66/10/12 at 5:20pmpost #3 of 66/10/12 at 5:38pmThread StarterQuote:
I'd say $100-$200 for jeans, $50-$100 for shirts, $20-$30 for t-shirts, and $200 or so for a blazer, obviously if I can get them you less that's what I'd prefer but I could pay these amounts fine.post #4 of 66/10/12 at 5:48pmpost #5 of 66/10/12 at 7:43pm
I'm in a similair spot as you. I've gotten a lot of good information about basics from this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/279552/the-official-affordable-swag-thread
My build is: 6'1", 165 lbs.
I stepped up my denim game from $40 slim-straight levi's (size 31), to apc ns indigo (size 28). I couldn't be happier with the apc's since they have broken in. Other denim I liked when trying on is: nudie slim jims, n&f weird guy, acne max cash. For t-shirts, h&m house brand (logg, not "divided") fit me very well in size medium. The next best fit in t-shirts is bdg from urban outfitters, although the necks are too tight for me.
And the rest is still a work in progress...post #6 of 66/10/12 at 8:17pmQuote:
given sales or B&S prices, you could upgrade from uniqlo and grab the following:
shirts: gitman vintage, band of outsiders (if it fits your figure), wolf vs. goat
t-shirts: american apparel, alternative apparel, uniqlo
jeans: wings + horns, APC
sweaters: sns herning
blazers: no idea, you're on your own
also try checking out yoox once in a while if you're feeling adventurous. good return policy and can often times find neat stuff that fits your bill.
- Brands for Basics
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Adidas Horween Veg Tanned Leather Stan Smith 10.5 New 3 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.