Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:17 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Which fit would I be suited in for shirts? Slim fit or Regular?post #1 of 116/8/12 at 3:46pmThread StarterI've recently lost weight. My highest years ago was 367 lbs. I'm about 334 lbs. right now. I've lost 33 lbs. altogether. My neck size went from 19.5" to 18" and sleeve length from 35" to 34". My chest is now 54" (was 60"), waist 58" (was 60"). Which type of dress shirts would fit better for my size. Slim fit dress shirts or old-fashioned regular fit dress shirts? And please tell me why? Thanks
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 116/8/12 at 5:05pmpost #3 of 116/8/12 at 5:06pmpost #4 of 116/8/12 at 5:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by doughboysc
I've recently lost weight. My highest years ago was 367 lbs. I'm about 334 lbs. right now. I've lost 33 lbs. altogether. My neck size went from 19.5" to 18" and sleeve length from 35" to 34". My chest is now 54" (was 60"), waist 58" (was 60"). Which type of dress shirts would fit better for my size. Slim fit dress shirts or old-fashioned regular fit dress shirts? And please tell me why? Thanks
not sure if seriouspost #5 of 116/8/12 at 7:43pm
Also, not sure if serious....
either way, 33 lbs might should a lot but its actually just 9% of your weight. At that weight, you can lose a lot of weight by just cutting out on junk, portion sizes, or unhealthy foods. You can obviously lose more by light cardio or weights but intially your diet is more important because that is what got you in trouble the first time. If your serious and assuming you are physically fit to do exercise (i.e no injuries, etc.), you can do a lot better but you gotta push yourself. Make a goal and after that goal is meet, then buy new clothes. Do not do it now, because you want to lose more weight and reward yourself with better fitting clothes in the future. Don't get comfortable with where you are now but instead push yourself further.
Either that or I just been trolled..post #6 of 116/9/12 at 2:13ampost #7 of 116/9/12 at 2:33amFrom your measurements your waist size is larger than your chest size. Since Slim fit shirts tend to be more tapered and have a narrow waist, I think regular fit would be better for you.
In addition, from your measurements your arm length is shorter than standard, given your neck size. That means you are unlikely to find an OTR shirt that fits perfectly.post #8 of 116/9/12 at 3:49ampost #9 of 116/9/12 at 8:22ampost #10 of 116/9/12 at 8:33am
- Which fit would I be suited in for shirts? Slim fit or Regular?
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Caretaking of a Burberry trench coat with a smudge on it 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › G&G Warwick, Pearl Grey calf 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan