Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 1:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Which fit would I be suited in for shirts? Slim fit or Regular?post #1 of 116/8/12 at 3:46pmThread StarterI've recently lost weight. My highest years ago was 367 lbs. I'm about 334 lbs. right now. I've lost 33 lbs. altogether. My neck size went from 19.5" to 18" and sleeve length from 35" to 34". My chest is now 54" (was 60"), waist 58" (was 60"). Which type of dress shirts would fit better for my size. Slim fit dress shirts or old-fashioned regular fit dress shirts? And please tell me why? Thanks
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 116/8/12 at 5:05pmpost #3 of 116/8/12 at 5:06pmpost #4 of 116/8/12 at 5:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by doughboysc
I've recently lost weight. My highest years ago was 367 lbs. I'm about 334 lbs. right now. I've lost 33 lbs. altogether. My neck size went from 19.5" to 18" and sleeve length from 35" to 34". My chest is now 54" (was 60"), waist 58" (was 60"). Which type of dress shirts would fit better for my size. Slim fit dress shirts or old-fashioned regular fit dress shirts? And please tell me why? Thanks
not sure if seriouspost #5 of 116/8/12 at 7:43pm
Also, not sure if serious....
either way, 33 lbs might should a lot but its actually just 9% of your weight. At that weight, you can lose a lot of weight by just cutting out on junk, portion sizes, or unhealthy foods. You can obviously lose more by light cardio or weights but intially your diet is more important because that is what got you in trouble the first time. If your serious and assuming you are physically fit to do exercise (i.e no injuries, etc.), you can do a lot better but you gotta push yourself. Make a goal and after that goal is meet, then buy new clothes. Do not do it now, because you want to lose more weight and reward yourself with better fitting clothes in the future. Don't get comfortable with where you are now but instead push yourself further.
Either that or I just been trolled..post #6 of 116/9/12 at 2:13ampost #7 of 116/9/12 at 2:33amFrom your measurements your waist size is larger than your chest size. Since Slim fit shirts tend to be more tapered and have a narrow waist, I think regular fit would be better for you.
In addition, from your measurements your arm length is shorter than standard, given your neck size. That means you are unlikely to find an OTR shirt that fits perfectly.post #8 of 116/9/12 at 3:49ampost #9 of 116/9/12 at 8:22ampost #10 of 116/9/12 at 8:33am
- Which fit would I be suited in for shirts? Slim fit or Regular?
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 39 seconds ago
- › The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD. 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 9 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 9 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 21 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 22 minutes ago
- › NWT 10D Tod's No_Code Crepe-Sole Suede Desert Boots 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...