Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 2/11/16 at 3:17pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Which fit would I be suited in for shirts? Slim fit or Regular?post #1 of 116/8/12 at 3:46pmThread StarterI've recently lost weight. My highest years ago was 367 lbs. I'm about 334 lbs. right now. I've lost 33 lbs. altogether. My neck size went from 19.5" to 18" and sleeve length from 35" to 34". My chest is now 54" (was 60"), waist 58" (was 60"). Which type of dress shirts would fit better for my size. Slim fit dress shirts or old-fashioned regular fit dress shirts? And please tell me why? Thanks
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 116/8/12 at 5:05pmpost #3 of 116/8/12 at 5:06pmpost #4 of 116/8/12 at 5:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by doughboysc
I've recently lost weight. My highest years ago was 367 lbs. I'm about 334 lbs. right now. I've lost 33 lbs. altogether. My neck size went from 19.5" to 18" and sleeve length from 35" to 34". My chest is now 54" (was 60"), waist 58" (was 60"). Which type of dress shirts would fit better for my size. Slim fit dress shirts or old-fashioned regular fit dress shirts? And please tell me why? Thanks
not sure if seriouspost #5 of 116/8/12 at 7:43pm
Also, not sure if serious....
either way, 33 lbs might should a lot but its actually just 9% of your weight. At that weight, you can lose a lot of weight by just cutting out on junk, portion sizes, or unhealthy foods. You can obviously lose more by light cardio or weights but intially your diet is more important because that is what got you in trouble the first time. If your serious and assuming you are physically fit to do exercise (i.e no injuries, etc.), you can do a lot better but you gotta push yourself. Make a goal and after that goal is meet, then buy new clothes. Do not do it now, because you want to lose more weight and reward yourself with better fitting clothes in the future. Don't get comfortable with where you are now but instead push yourself further.
Either that or I just been trolled..post #6 of 116/9/12 at 2:13ampost #7 of 116/9/12 at 2:33amFrom your measurements your waist size is larger than your chest size. Since Slim fit shirts tend to be more tapered and have a narrow waist, I think regular fit would be better for you.
In addition, from your measurements your arm length is shorter than standard, given your neck size. That means you are unlikely to find an OTR shirt that fits perfectly.post #8 of 116/9/12 at 3:49ampost #9 of 116/9/12 at 8:22ampost #10 of 116/9/12 at 8:33am
- Which fit would I be suited in for shirts? Slim fit or Regular?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 20 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 23 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 30 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 41 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 41 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 44 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 44 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?