Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
- itemCommon Projects Laced shoestagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
Related Forum Threads
- 6.25 Common Projects - NdG Peacoat Last post on 6/26/11 at 11:07am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:50 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:47 am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Common Projects Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:43 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Contentedness thread - Page 7post #91 of 6567/5/12 at 8:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 6567/5/12 at 10:21ampost #93 of 6567/5/12 at 10:23ampost #94 of 6567/5/12 at 12:09pmafter this sale season i pretty much have the feeling that i don't need more stuff for the next months
i'm using this thread to compile an overview, because i don't want to have too much
these only items, which i wear mostly outside and not during sports
2x shorts (dries, givenchy)
13x T-Shirts(AnnD, Raf, Raf, KVA, Paul Smith, CDG shirt, CDG play, Marc Jacobs, Neil Barrett, NB x Sundek, Jil, Jil, Fujiwara )
3x Outerwear (Balenciaga, Cos, Cos)
4x Trousers (Raf, Raf, Cos, Cos)
1x Hoody (Lanvin)
1x Knitwear (Fujiwara)
1x Desert Boots (DH)
2x low-top sneakers (Filippa K, GATs)
4x Mid/High-top sneakers (Balenciaga, Raf, Raf, KVA)
8x Shirts (Dries, Schneider,Hugo, 5x Raf)
1x Backpack (KVA x Eastpak)
2x Belts (Raf, random yoox brand)
1x winter hat (cp company)
Edited by Zeemon - 7/10/12 at 2:05ampost #95 of 6567/5/12 at 12:48pmif i had to hypothetically move into a tiny apartment with almost no space, this would be my barebones wardrobe:
-white button-down shirts
-tees (white and grey)
-trousers (1 navy, 1 charcoal)
-jeans (1 raw, 1 black)
-w+h dayton boots (for really crappy weather)
-as many knits as there is room for
could probably get away with being content with just this, if i had to.post #96 of 6567/5/12 at 12:53pmpost #97 of 6567/5/12 at 12:54pmjust so this doesn't become an offshoot of the 5k Wardrobe thread...
i'm actually at a good place with my wardrobe right now, don't really feel a burning desire to buy stuff - except for knits. never seems like there's enough, always someone out there releasing a really nice one every now and then (i'm looking at you, schneider). how does one become content with his knitwear collection?post #98 of 6567/5/12 at 1:26pmpost #99 of 6567/5/12 at 1:35pmpost #100 of 6567/5/12 at 1:51pmpost #101 of 6567/5/12 at 2:01pmpost #102 of 6567/5/12 at 2:04pmpost #103 of 6567/5/12 at 2:08pmThread StarterQuote:
That's not really the intention of this thread.
I own a lot of clothes and i don't care to decrease that amount.
I just want my clothing mental state to be based on what I have, not what I don't have; we spend so much time lusting after items we don't have, but how often do we pick up something in our own wardrobe and just really appreciate it?post #104 of 6567/5/12 at 2:09pmpost #105 of 6567/5/12 at 2:26pmso i guess this has turned into 'stuff i really love.'
first off is my ll bean katahdin boots. i bought these with a gift certificate my grandmother gave me like 4 years ago, and i fucking love them. i wear my shoes really, really hard, and wear these 3-4x a week in the winter, and they've held up great. probably will need to go in for a resole soon, but since getting these i've never even really considered getting another workbootish type boot.
next is probably my j crew down jacket. i bought this a couple years ago for like 70% off, and it's the perfect knock around winter jacket. it's torn to shit and has a bunch of paint stains on the back and sides, but i love it for when it's 2 am and i need to walk the dog.
i also have a fleece sweatshirt from j crew that i fucking love. its dark grey, a thick fleece, about 4 years old. it's been worn and washed dozens of times and has held up great. i wear it constantly in the winter and it's the perfect weight for layering. it's also made in canada by CYC - has all the deets of W+H and spruce stuff i've had - and i got it for like $25.
finally, i have a boo oxford from one of the first seasons - retail was like $160 i think - that has been torn, tailored, worn, stained and washed. at this point it fits all kinds of strange and needs to be resewn, and has a bunch of paint stains from a shitty under 21 club some girl dragged me to, and even though i've replaced it with other shirts, i'll never get rid of it.
- The Contentedness thread
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Currently, there are 1627 Active Users (392 Members and 1235 Guests)
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 seconds ago
- › Creases on a doble-breasted suit 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...