Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
- categoryCoatstagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
- brandCommon Projectstagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
- itemCommon Projects Laced shoestagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
- itemCommon Projects Sneakerstagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 3/1/15
Related Forum Threads
- 6.25 Common Projects - NdG Peacoat Last post on 6/26/11 at 11:07am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:38 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:35 am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Common Projects F/W '13-'14 Thread Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Contentedness thread - Page 7post #91 of 6057/5/12 at 8:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 6057/5/12 at 10:21ampost #93 of 6057/5/12 at 10:23ampost #94 of 6057/5/12 at 12:09pmafter this sale season i pretty much have the feeling that i don't need more stuff for the next months
i'm using this thread to compile an overview, because i don't want to have too much
these only items, which i wear mostly outside and not during sports
2x shorts (dries, givenchy)
13x T-Shirts(AnnD, Raf, Raf, KVA, Paul Smith, CDG shirt, CDG play, Marc Jacobs, Neil Barrett, NB x Sundek, Jil, Jil, Fujiwara )
3x Outerwear (Balenciaga, Cos, Cos)
4x Trousers (Raf, Raf, Cos, Cos)
1x Hoody (Lanvin)
1x Knitwear (Fujiwara)
1x Desert Boots (DH)
2x low-top sneakers (Filippa K, GATs)
4x Mid/High-top sneakers (Balenciaga, Raf, Raf, KVA)
8x Shirts (Dries, Schneider,Hugo, 5x Raf)
1x Backpack (KVA x Eastpak)
2x Belts (Raf, random yoox brand)
1x winter hat (cp company)
Edited by Zeemon - 7/10/12 at 2:05ampost #95 of 6057/5/12 at 12:48pmif i had to hypothetically move into a tiny apartment with almost no space, this would be my barebones wardrobe:
-white button-down shirts
-tees (white and grey)
-trousers (1 navy, 1 charcoal)
-jeans (1 raw, 1 black)
-w+h dayton boots (for really crappy weather)
-as many knits as there is room for
could probably get away with being content with just this, if i had to.post #96 of 6057/5/12 at 12:53pmpost #97 of 6057/5/12 at 12:54pmjust so this doesn't become an offshoot of the 5k Wardrobe thread...
i'm actually at a good place with my wardrobe right now, don't really feel a burning desire to buy stuff - except for knits. never seems like there's enough, always someone out there releasing a really nice one every now and then (i'm looking at you, schneider). how does one become content with his knitwear collection?post #98 of 6057/5/12 at 1:26pmpost #99 of 6057/5/12 at 1:35pmpost #100 of 6057/5/12 at 1:51pmpost #101 of 6057/5/12 at 2:01pmpost #102 of 6057/5/12 at 2:04pmpost #103 of 6057/5/12 at 2:08pmThread StarterQuote:
That's not really the intention of this thread.
I own a lot of clothes and i don't care to decrease that amount.
I just want my clothing mental state to be based on what I have, not what I don't have; we spend so much time lusting after items we don't have, but how often do we pick up something in our own wardrobe and just really appreciate it?post #104 of 6057/5/12 at 2:09pmpost #105 of 6057/5/12 at 2:26pmso i guess this has turned into 'stuff i really love.'
first off is my ll bean katahdin boots. i bought these with a gift certificate my grandmother gave me like 4 years ago, and i fucking love them. i wear my shoes really, really hard, and wear these 3-4x a week in the winter, and they've held up great. probably will need to go in for a resole soon, but since getting these i've never even really considered getting another workbootish type boot.
next is probably my j crew down jacket. i bought this a couple years ago for like 70% off, and it's the perfect knock around winter jacket. it's torn to shit and has a bunch of paint stains on the back and sides, but i love it for when it's 2 am and i need to walk the dog.
i also have a fleece sweatshirt from j crew that i fucking love. its dark grey, a thick fleece, about 4 years old. it's been worn and washed dozens of times and has held up great. i wear it constantly in the winter and it's the perfect weight for layering. it's also made in canada by CYC - has all the deets of W+H and spruce stuff i've had - and i got it for like $25.
finally, i have a boo oxford from one of the first seasons - retail was like $160 i think - that has been torn, tailored, worn, stained and washed. at this point it fits all kinds of strange and needs to be resewn, and has a bunch of paint stains from a shitty under 21 club some girl dragged me to, and even though i've replaced it with other shirts, i'll never get rid of it.
- The Contentedness thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Current State of Americana
Currently, there are 1593 Active Users (410 Members and 1183 Guests)
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 50 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Jackets for Sale--38/40 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...