When not to buy
i'll start with the obvious:
1. When you can't afford the item.
2. When you just want to buy something.
3. When you are substituting it for something you like better.
4. When you are following other people's opinions and haven't really thought about how it fits your own personal style.
5. When you have to justify buying it because of a sale.
6. When you have to justify buying it because of its "quality"
7. When you have to justify buying it because it may sell out.
8. When you just read a feature or article on the item or brand. This will blind you. selectism etc.
9. When you want to post about it on the internet.
10. When you are buying it because it's a "staple in the man's wardrobe". Seriously, I have no need for a "classic blue blazer, charcoal suit, 10 white shirts, Mac coat" etc etc. Figure out what your own staples are.
please add to this list.