or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 61

post #901 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorstitch View Post

We will be having a denim restock on the 25th, but we wont have another Cone Mills denim until January.

Ah, I might have to branch out from the Cone denim and try one of the Japanese varieties.
post #902 of 1390
Has TS ever thought about getting some Cone Mills duck for your pants/jeans? Would love to get a pair of pants in that material but not too many choices.
post #903 of 1390
Another sizing question...

Gitman Vintage shirts in L fit me pretty much perfectly, with J Crew slim fit in L coming a close second. Would I be correct in assuming that a size 44 in TS shirts would be about right?

Also, are there any plans to do another run of the Fair Ends collab camp pants in perhaps a navy or caramel duck (hint hint)?
post #904 of 1390
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post

Another sizing question...

Gitman Vintage shirts in L fit me pretty much perfectly, with J Crew slim fit in L coming a close second. Would I be correct in assuming that a size 44 in TS shirts would be about right?

Also, are there any plans to do another run of the Fair Ends collab camp pants in perhaps a navy or caramel duck (hint hint)?


We would recommend going with a 42. In most cases that translates to a L.

As for future collabs with FairEnds, we are working with them right now on another collection, so keep an eye out for that!
post #905 of 1390

Great to see the mechanic shirt back in stock. The size 40s went quickly last time!

Will this week's 10% code work on those?

post #906 of 1390

Answering my own question now that the email has gone out: Yes :)

post #907 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post

Another sizing question...

Gitman Vintage shirts in L fit me pretty much perfectly, with J Crew slim fit in L coming a close second. Would I be correct in assuming that a size 44 in TS shirts would be about right?

I find they run slim. I'm about the same size as you and wear an L is most things, but at 44 in Taylor Stitch. I recommend that you order a 42 and a 44, then return the one that doesn't fit as well.

Please report back how it works out for you. I'm curious!

Good luck.
post #908 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefner View Post

I find they run slim. I'm about the same size as you and wear an L is most things, but at 44 in Taylor Stitch. I recommend that you order a 42 and a 44, then return the one that doesn't fit as well.

Please report back how it works out for you. I'm curious!

Good luck.

this is the best thing to do. i recommend it as well. i too am L in j crew and other brands that offer a slim fit but find 44 fits me best. to verify the oxfords i have a 42 and 44 on the way. hassle free returns and free shipping.

on anther note, i didnt get an email with the discount code. does that come from signing up for the newsletter?
post #909 of 1390

I rather think most of you are youngish slim guys, I on the other hand am older and portly. I do enjoy quaility clothing and have a question, I purchased a Terry Crewneck in size 46 and it fit fine, purchased a Glacier Shirt made for them by Fair Ends in a 46 and the shoulders were fine, but too tight in the girth. Yes I know I need to lose around 20 pounds. I'd like to pick up a Highlands Shirt, does anyone know if they are cut they same as the Glacier? I emailed TS, but have not heard back. Thanks.

post #910 of 1390

Just wondering if you guys will be updating the Custom Shirt fabrics/options (http://taylorstitch.com/collections/custom) any time soon?  I am itching for a new shirt and not sure the next time I can make down to the Valencia store ;).

post #911 of 1390

I don't have a definitive answer, but my experience is that all the shirts share a base pattern and only the details (buttons, pockets, fabrics, etc.) change from shirt to shirt.

post #912 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorstitch View Post

We would recommend going with a 42. In most cases that translates to a L.

As for future collabs with FairEnds, we are working with them right now on another collection, so keep an eye out for that!

Great, thank you. I tend to prefer a "not-quite-as-tailored" fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefner View Post

I find they run slim. I'm about the same size as you and wear an L is most things, but at 44 in Taylor Stitch. I recommend that you order a 42 and a 44, then return the one that doesn't fit as well.

Please report back how it works out for you. I'm curious!

Good luck.

I probably will end up doing that, but shipping to/from Canada is a real pain.
post #913 of 1390
im hoping more charcoal oxfords will be added? the day i was gonna pull the trigger on a shirt my size sold out. they sat for a few days then...BAM! gone. i ordered the blue though. cant wait for it to show up. how thick are they? i was going to order a white oxford but i hate when the material is so thin on white shirts that the outline of an undershirt is visible. if this is not the case for the white oxford i'll order one next week. the mechanic shirt has me drooling. just saying
post #914 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhat62 View Post

im hoping more charcoal oxfords will be added? the day i was gonna pull the trigger on a shirt my size sold out. they sat for a few days then...BAM! gone. i ordered the blue though. cant wait for it to show up. how thick are they? i was going to order a white oxford but i hate when the material is so thin on white shirts that the outline of an undershirt is visible. if this is not the case for the white oxford i'll order one next week. the mechanic shirt has me drooling. just saying

Early bird catches the worm...they are pretty thick certainly not thin. I pretty much wear oxford cloth shirts everyday and this is by far the best I own. With the exception of maybe one rl one I have that was made in Hong Kong. This fits much better though.
post #915 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

Early bird catches the worm...they are pretty thick certainly not thin. I pretty much wear oxford cloth shirts everyday and this is by far the best I own. With the exception of maybe one rl one I have that was made in Hong Kong. This fits much better though.

thanks for the info. hopefully white oxford sticks around for a few more days. i need to make sure i get the right size (ordered 42 and 44 in the blue). when the blue oxfords get in and if the 44 fits im ordering the white right away. i scored a gustin chambray shirt for $45 shipped in XL. if that fits i might order their charcoal of more TS doesnt pop up in the next few weeks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread