Same with me. I'm 6'2", 180lbs and I fear that if I get a 40, the neck and chest will be fine, but the length and sleeves will be a bit short. Hence, why I have not purchased any TS shirts. I would like too though!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- brandTaylor Stitchtagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- itemTaylor Stitch Cone Mills Flatout 10 oz denim shirttagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
Related Forum Threads
- Ermenegildo Zegna Couture Shirts - 39/40 Last post on Yesterday at 9:07 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Pendleton Woolen Mills Yellow/Blue Plaid Wool Shirt Last post on 7/21/16 at 3:18pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWT Supreme Utility Flannel Black Shirt - F/W 2014 - Size Small Last post on 7/21/16 at 3:13pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWT Luciano Barbera Green Tartan Shirt Medium Italy Last post on 7/20/16 at 12:05pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WTB Needles Off-Center Collarless shirt Last post on 7/19/16 at 7:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 45post #661 of 28954/25/13 at 8:49ampost #662 of 28954/25/13 at 8:55ampost #663 of 28954/25/13 at 9:14ampost #664 of 28954/25/13 at 9:16amQuote:
And as a point of comparison, I have a Gitman Vintage XS that is too large for me (longer, wider in the shoulders and sleeves) whereas the my TS size 36 shirts are the best fitting ones I have and pretty much all I wear now.post #665 of 28954/25/13 at 9:24amQuote:
I am 6'1" 185 and the 40 is on the very short side of acceptable. Maybe at 6'2" if you had a short torso you could make it work. I have thought about going up to 42 for the added length but the fit in the chest is too good to change.post #666 of 28954/25/13 at 9:47amQuote:
Never bought GV before, but from their site measurements they are smaller than TS, at least in sleeve length. The body size doesn't matter so much. I can always have that brought in.Quote:
Shirt length I'm not so much worried about, I can handle a shorter length. Sleeve length is the line in the sand for me.post #667 of 28954/25/13 at 9:58ampost #668 of 28954/25/13 at 10:00ampost #669 of 28954/25/13 at 10:16amThread Starterpost #670 of 28954/25/13 at 10:20amThread Starterpost #671 of 28954/25/13 at 10:22amThread Starterpost #672 of 28954/25/13 at 10:25ampost #673 of 28954/25/13 at 10:25amThread Starterpost #674 of 28954/25/13 at 10:33ampost #675 of 28954/25/13 at 12:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Al in Philly
Never bought GV before, but from their site measurements they are smaller than TS, at least in sleeve length. The body size doesn't matter so much. I can always have that brought in.
Shirt length I'm not so much worried about, I can handle a shorter length. Sleeve length is the line in the sand for me.
Ah, I forgot that GV does weird things as you go up (or down, depending on your perspective) in size.
You might take a look at Epaulet's shirts - their sleeves are on the longer side and they offer a simple/easy awesomely priced MTO too (which I'd have to use to get shorter arms!) if you wanted even longer.
But like the TS guys said, just order a size or two and return it if it doesn't work. I can vouch for the materials, construction, and overall fit!
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Italian shoes with glued soles? 1 second ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 30 seconds ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Japanese Leather Goods/Accessories 3 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Navy Blazer Fatigue 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Rider Boot Co #6 Shell Cordovan Bal Boots 9.5 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding