Same with me. I'm 6'2", 180lbs and I fear that if I get a 40, the neck and chest will be fine, but the length and sleeves will be a bit short. Hence, why I have not purchased any TS shirts. I would like too though!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- brandTaylor Stitchtagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- itemTaylor Stitch Cone Mills Flatout 10 oz denim shirttagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
Related Forum Threads
- TURNBULL & ASSER SHIRTS - SEA ISLAND QUALITY - 16 / 41, 16.5 / 42, 17 / 43 Last post on Today at 3:06 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Borrelli cotton and linen white shirt size 16/41 Last post on Today at 1:19 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gitman Bros Lavendar Gingham and Blue Tattersall Shirts - Size Small Last post on Today at 12:05 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Engineered Garments Popover/Sz. M (fits S/M) Last post on Yesterday at 1:58 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- New T-Shirt design Last post on Yesterday at 5:16 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 45post #661 of 25064/25/13 at 8:49am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #662 of 25064/25/13 at 8:55ampost #663 of 25064/25/13 at 9:14ampost #664 of 25064/25/13 at 9:16amQuote:
And as a point of comparison, I have a Gitman Vintage XS that is too large for me (longer, wider in the shoulders and sleeves) whereas the my TS size 36 shirts are the best fitting ones I have and pretty much all I wear now.post #665 of 25064/25/13 at 9:24amQuote:
I am 6'1" 185 and the 40 is on the very short side of acceptable. Maybe at 6'2" if you had a short torso you could make it work. I have thought about going up to 42 for the added length but the fit in the chest is too good to change.post #666 of 25064/25/13 at 9:47amQuote:
Never bought GV before, but from their site measurements they are smaller than TS, at least in sleeve length. The body size doesn't matter so much. I can always have that brought in.Quote:
Shirt length I'm not so much worried about, I can handle a shorter length. Sleeve length is the line in the sand for me.post #667 of 25064/25/13 at 9:58ampost #668 of 25064/25/13 at 10:00ampost #669 of 25064/25/13 at 10:16amThread Starterpost #670 of 25064/25/13 at 10:20amThread Starterpost #671 of 25064/25/13 at 10:22amThread Starterpost #672 of 25064/25/13 at 10:25ampost #673 of 25064/25/13 at 10:25amThread Starterpost #674 of 25064/25/13 at 10:33ampost #675 of 25064/25/13 at 12:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Al in Philly
Never bought GV before, but from their site measurements they are smaller than TS, at least in sleeve length. The body size doesn't matter so much. I can always have that brought in.
Shirt length I'm not so much worried about, I can handle a shorter length. Sleeve length is the line in the sand for me.
Ah, I forgot that GV does weird things as you go up (or down, depending on your perspective) in size.
You might take a look at Epaulet's shirts - their sleeves are on the longer side and they offer a simple/easy awesomely priced MTO too (which I'd have to use to get shorter arms!) if you wanted even longer.
But like the TS guys said, just order a size or two and return it if it doesn't work. I can vouch for the materials, construction, and overall fit!
- Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › The Look goes on... 56 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › Grail suits - E Zegna Su Misura 40r - SAV fit 7 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?