Same with me. I'm 6'2", 180lbs and I fear that if I get a 40, the neck and chest will be fine, but the length and sleeves will be a bit short. Hence, why I have not purchased any TS shirts. I would like too though!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- brandTaylor Stitchtagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- itemTaylor Stitch Cone Mills Flatout 10 oz denim shirttagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
Related Forum Threads
- Brooks Brothers Shirts ESF/Milano 15.5/32, Small Own Make & Country CLub Last post on Yesterday at 11:48 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 11 NWT J CREW SHIRTS SZ SMALL Last post on Yesterday at 11:22 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Eidos Napoli Dress Shirts Spread Collar 15/38 Last post on Yesterday at 7:55 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- New Levi's Vintage Clothing LVC 1960's Dobby Striped Dress Shirt Size Small Last post on Yesterday at 5:50 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- New/Nearly New Brioni, Barba, Finamore, Arthur & Fox Paris Shirts Last post on Yesterday at 2:42 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 45post #661 of 31964/25/13 at 8:49ampost #662 of 31964/25/13 at 8:55ampost #663 of 31964/25/13 at 9:14ampost #664 of 31964/25/13 at 9:16amQuote:
And as a point of comparison, I have a Gitman Vintage XS that is too large for me (longer, wider in the shoulders and sleeves) whereas the my TS size 36 shirts are the best fitting ones I have and pretty much all I wear now.post #665 of 31964/25/13 at 9:24amQuote:
I am 6'1" 185 and the 40 is on the very short side of acceptable. Maybe at 6'2" if you had a short torso you could make it work. I have thought about going up to 42 for the added length but the fit in the chest is too good to change.post #666 of 31964/25/13 at 9:47amQuote:
Never bought GV before, but from their site measurements they are smaller than TS, at least in sleeve length. The body size doesn't matter so much. I can always have that brought in.Quote:
Shirt length I'm not so much worried about, I can handle a shorter length. Sleeve length is the line in the sand for me.post #667 of 31964/25/13 at 9:58ampost #668 of 31964/25/13 at 10:00ampost #669 of 31964/25/13 at 10:16amThread Starterpost #670 of 31964/25/13 at 10:20amThread Starterpost #671 of 31964/25/13 at 10:22amThread Starterpost #672 of 31964/25/13 at 10:25ampost #673 of 31964/25/13 at 10:25amThread Starterpost #674 of 31964/25/13 at 10:33ampost #675 of 31964/25/13 at 12:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Al in Philly
Never bought GV before, but from their site measurements they are smaller than TS, at least in sleeve length. The body size doesn't matter so much. I can always have that brought in.
Shirt length I'm not so much worried about, I can handle a shorter length. Sleeve length is the line in the sand for me.
Ah, I forgot that GV does weird things as you go up (or down, depending on your perspective) in size.
You might take a look at Epaulet's shirts - their sleeves are on the longer side and they offer a simple/easy awesomely priced MTO too (which I'd have to use to get shorter arms!) if you wanted even longer.
But like the TS guys said, just order a size or two and return it if it doesn't work. I can vouch for the materials, construction, and overall fit!
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › LEMAIRE 20 seconds ago
- › What are the rules on wearing odd trousers that have... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...