Same with me. I'm 6'2", 180lbs and I fear that if I get a 40, the neck and chest will be fine, but the length and sleeves will be a bit short. Hence, why I have not purchased any TS shirts. I would like too though!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- brandTaylor Stitchtagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- itemTaylor Stitch Cone Mills Flatout 10 oz denim shirttagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
Related Forum Threads
- Brand New G. Inglese 41 Striped Oxford Spread Collar Last post on Today at 6:17 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Left Field Chambray Workshirt Size Small Last post on Yesterday at 4:14 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- GREAT SHIRTS! Epaulet, Theory, Ledbury, J.Crew -- New, Large / 16.5 Last post on Yesterday at 1:03 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- BNWOT Memento Clothing Black Western Shirt Sample Italy S M SLP Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Sandro Black Fluid Dots Shirt Lyocell Japan Shirt M Last post on Yesterday at 4:19 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 45post #661 of 28474/25/13 at 8:49ampost #662 of 28474/25/13 at 8:55ampost #663 of 28474/25/13 at 9:14ampost #664 of 28474/25/13 at 9:16amQuote:
And as a point of comparison, I have a Gitman Vintage XS that is too large for me (longer, wider in the shoulders and sleeves) whereas the my TS size 36 shirts are the best fitting ones I have and pretty much all I wear now.post #665 of 28474/25/13 at 9:24amQuote:
I am 6'1" 185 and the 40 is on the very short side of acceptable. Maybe at 6'2" if you had a short torso you could make it work. I have thought about going up to 42 for the added length but the fit in the chest is too good to change.post #666 of 28474/25/13 at 9:47amQuote:
Never bought GV before, but from their site measurements they are smaller than TS, at least in sleeve length. The body size doesn't matter so much. I can always have that brought in.Quote:
Shirt length I'm not so much worried about, I can handle a shorter length. Sleeve length is the line in the sand for me.post #667 of 28474/25/13 at 9:58ampost #668 of 28474/25/13 at 10:00ampost #669 of 28474/25/13 at 10:16amThread Starterpost #670 of 28474/25/13 at 10:20amThread Starterpost #671 of 28474/25/13 at 10:22amThread Starterpost #672 of 28474/25/13 at 10:25ampost #673 of 28474/25/13 at 10:25amThread Starterpost #674 of 28474/25/13 at 10:33ampost #675 of 28474/25/13 at 12:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Al in Philly
Never bought GV before, but from their site measurements they are smaller than TS, at least in sleeve length. The body size doesn't matter so much. I can always have that brought in.
Shirt length I'm not so much worried about, I can handle a shorter length. Sleeve length is the line in the sand for me.
Ah, I forgot that GV does weird things as you go up (or down, depending on your perspective) in size.
You might take a look at Epaulet's shirts - their sleeves are on the longer side and they offer a simple/easy awesomely priced MTO too (which I'd have to use to get shorter arms!) if you wanted even longer.
But like the TS guys said, just order a size or two and return it if it doesn't work. I can vouch for the materials, construction, and overall fit!
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 25 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 30 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 33 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 34 minutes ago
- › Wondering how to match this new sport coat. 34 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 37 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding