or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 26

post #376 of 1517
Noticed this detail on the TS denim



I'm partial to octopuses.
post #377 of 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Noticed this detail on the TS denim

I'm partial to octopuses.

Underrated as far as sushi goes. Nice and chewy.
post #378 of 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

Underrated as far as sushi goes. Nice and chewy.

Idk its different...wouldnt put it as my favorite, but I have only had it twice.

I cant remember if I have this on my jeans from them, will have to go check when I get home. But I feel like I would have remember this.
post #379 of 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broark View Post

Wearing mine today, perfect for fall.  I feel like I probably could have sized down one, this feels a little bit bigger than the dress shirts.

Got mine in today too, I agree completely on the sizing detail. Mine's probably too big to wear on it's own, but as a shirt jacket it works perfectly.
post #380 of 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

Underrated as far as sushi goes. Nice and chewy.

It does make for delicious sushi, thought I was thinking about it more as iconography.
post #381 of 1517

How's the construction on the new selvedge denim?  I love the fit of their jeans, too bad the last thing I need right now is denim.

post #382 of 1517
Not sure I'm the best judge of denim construction, but it seems solid and I think the jeans are likely to prove and extremely good value.

For personal edification, what would you look for to judge denim construction? Anything different than other pants/trousers?
post #383 of 1517

I've got a couple pairs of their other denim (8 o.z. Kaihara which are amazing in the summer and 13 o.z. Kurabo black) and was just curious how they compared fabric wise.  Were they very stiff out of the box on first wear?  How are they breaking in?

As far as I know it's pretty similar to other pants, types of stitching throughout, that kind of stuff.  But I'm no expert, I've just been into a lot of denim lately.  It's a growing obsession of mine and was wondering how the new models are.

post #384 of 1517

any comments or fit photos from anyone who owns the denim?

post #385 of 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broark View Post

I've got a couple pairs of their other denim (8 o.z. Kaihara which are amazing in the summer and 13 o.z. Kurabo black) and was just curious how they compared fabric wise.  Were they very stiff out of the box on first wear?  How are they breaking in?
As far as I know it's pretty similar to other pants, types of stitching throughout, that kind of stuff.  But I'm no expert, I've just been into a lot of denim lately.  It's a growing obsession of mine and was wondering how the new models are.

OK, I see. I just got both the 13.5 oz Cone Mills and Nisshibo.

CM is definitely very stiff and feels heavy out of the box and will take some serious breaking in, I think. The color is a nice shade, not at all too dark and shows the weave well.

The Nisshinbo is much softer right from the start, to the point where it is hard to believe it is the same weight as the CM, though I certainly trust that it is. It is a really nice deep indigo and my fingers were a little blue handling it at first.

That being said, the dye transfer hasn't been too bad. I have a pair of Cone Mills from another company and they transferred a lot of dye. Haven't worn the TS CM enough to see how much dye will come off.

I'm interested to see how the two different denims break in.

Overall, i'm new to selvedge denim, but these seem like pretty good jeans to me. Fit and restrained styling work for me, and the construction and details are nice. In my book they are well worth the price.

I was sorry to miss out on that 8 oz Kaihara. Maybe it will be back.
post #386 of 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino19 View Post

any comments or fit photos from anyone who owns the denim?

Posted two photos of the Nisshinbo copper on the previous page of this thread.
post #387 of 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broark View Post

Wearing mine today, perfect for fall.  I feel like I probably could have sized down one, this feels a little bit bigger than the dress shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormboy202 View Post

Got mine in today too, I agree completely on the sizing detail. Mine's probably too big to wear on it's own, but as a shirt jacket it works perfectly.

My navy from last year shrunk in the wash to be about the size of their dress shirts. I anticipate the same happening with these.
post #388 of 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broark View Post

How's the construction on the new selvedge denim?  I love the fit of their jeans, too bad the last thing I need right now is denim.

The Taylor Stitch rep on the forum has indicated in the past that their factory/construction is the same as used by Tellason, Double RL, Filson and 3sixteen, so very good construction. I plan to get a pair soon.
post #389 of 1517
Thread Starter 
Good evening gents.

Tomorrow's code for all the indigo knits is SUNANDSEA.

Enjoy!
post #390 of 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorstitch View Post

Good evening gents.
Tomorrow's code for all the indigo knits is SUNANDSEA.
Enjoy!

The indigo looks great!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread