or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 203

post #3031 of 3292

Glad to see the company grow, for sure.

post #3032 of 3292


I think Mina is great and has done a great job.  Remember you're working with a small company of friends who are growing the business and dealing with growing pains as they see success.  Give them a chance to scale.  If you expect top CS and your ego stroked, maybe buy from Amazon or something.  If you want some great quality top notch threads designed in SF and built here or with a small family run shop in Portugal... buy TS.  

 

I've seen some complaints about offshoring.  Big difference between working with a factory in Bangladesh vs Portugal.  The line workers at a factory in Bangladesh or China are typically jumping jobs every year or two and not generally happy or into what they're doing.  They're pushing out as much product as they can and half asleep at the wheel.  Quality wise, its hit or miss.  Some of the best factories in the world are in China.  Some of the worst are there too.   People can be exploited with bonded labor practices, the environment can suffer for lack of regulation or enforcement, and there are questionable ethics at play.  It's hard to know what you're getting.  Long term relationships are required.  You can almost guarantee though that factory workers are getting paid pretty poorly and are in it for the money in many places in China or Bangladesh manufacturing clothing.   Working with a small factory in Portugal is probably a different story.  You're likely working with a shop which has been in business in a small village for generations.  The line worker is probably the cousin of the owner and a lifetime employee/ craftsman that takes pride in what they're doing and is involved in continuous improvement.  They probably work way less hours, take a month off in August to surf windslop in Corfu, and drink way more Port.  This probably translates to a better product and you are voting with your wallet on what kind of system you want to support.   

 

Keep up the good work TS folks!

post #3033 of 3292

Praise Jesus, the new sizing charts are live and they are fantastic. 

post #3034 of 3292
Yes great job TS on the measurement charts. Now I realize I funded the wrong size camp pant but I'm sure I can get it fixed. Love the new update.
post #3035 of 3292

Liking the cotton sweaters, simple and nice to see it in cotton.

post #3036 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks23 View Post
 

Praise Jesus, the new sizing charts are live and they are fantastic. 

 

It'd be even better with shoulder measurements for the new Crater shirts + Turkey sweaters.

post #3037 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdizzle View Post
 


I think Mina is great and has done a great job.  Remember you're working with a small company of friends who are growing the business and dealing with growing pains as they see success.  Give them a chance to scale.  If you expect top CS and your ego stroked, maybe buy from Amazon or something.  If you want some great quality top notch threads designed in SF and built here or with a small family run shop in Portugal... buy TS.  

 

I've seen some complaints about offshoring.  Big difference between working with a factory in Bangladesh vs Portugal.  The line workers at a factory in Bangladesh or China are typically jumping jobs every year or two and not generally happy or into what they're doing.  They're pushing out as much product as they can and half asleep at the wheel.  Quality wise, its hit or miss.  Some of the best factories in the world are in China.  Some of the worst are there too.   People can be exploited with bonded labor practices, the environment can suffer for lack of regulation or enforcement, and there are questionable ethics at play.  It's hard to know what you're getting.  Long term relationships are required.  You can almost guarantee though that factory workers are getting paid pretty poorly and are in it for the money in many places in China or Bangladesh manufacturing clothing.   Working with a small factory in Portugal is probably a different story.  You're likely working with a shop which has been in business in a small village for generations.  The line worker is probably the cousin of the owner and a lifetime employee/ craftsman that takes pride in what they're doing and is involved in continuous improvement.  They probably work way less hours, take a month off in August to surf windslop in Corfu, and drink way more Port.  This probably translates to a better product and you are voting with your wallet on what kind of system you want to support.   

 

Keep up the good work TS folks!

This is all true re: China. I think the key is the ethos of the brand vs. the exact country they source from. If TS decided they were going to work with a factory in China, I'd trust in their decision because I imagine they'd be working more directly with the factory, would have vetted the factory, and that there'd be a reason that factory was especially good at making a particular garment.

 

The Buy USA thing is a legit component of the decision-making process on clothes. If you want manufacturing to grow in the U.S., that's one thing. But I honestly don't see how people think, I'm going to support a maker in Portugal over one in China. People are people. The companies they work for either make good products and treat their employees well or they don't. Clearly there are more ethically-run companies in Europe than in China, but it doesn't mean there aren't good ones around the world. And while the factory worker in China might be "in it for the money," that probably described 95% or more of the world.

 

Anyway, rant over. Buy from ethical, customer- and employee-centric retailers and the source of the good becomes less important.

post #3038 of 3292

So I got my Henley.  It's great but the wrong size.  My fault as I am I between sizes and guessed wrong.  After a long wait, I finally got an exchange/return link.  When I go to exchange the size 38 Henley for a size 40, it doesn't show up.  It's in stock on the website, but I can't even see any Henely on the list (in stock or out of stock).  Sigh.

 

So if someone wants a size 38 or wants to trade a size 40 henley for a size 38, let me know.  If not, I guess the Henley is going back to TS. 

post #3039 of 3292
Quote:
   When I go to exchange the size 38 Henley for a size 40, it doesn't show up.  It's in stock on the website, but I can't even see any Henely on the list (in stock or out of stock).  Sigh.

This is the exact issue I'm having.  

 

If I could just get past this issue and submit the return my problem would be resolved. I'm not sure if the issue is because the pre-sale cost of the Henley is less than the full cost, or if there's some disconnect between inventory and the RMA system. It doesn't seem like a complicated bug, but I've spent two weeks waiting for a resolution.

 

Unfortunately I haven't heard back from support since Monday AM.

 

Ian.

post #3040 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks23 View Post
 

Praise Jesus, the new sizing charts are live and they are fantastic. 


Hail! Hail!

post #3041 of 3292

Merino sweatpants arrived unexpectedly (no notice :-( ) . USPS can be moronic sometimes...didn't even both to put the packed behind the storm door and just left it on the stoop - at night. On the awesome side, they feel ridiculously comfy...

post #3042 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by iantk View Post
 

This is the exact issue I'm having.  

 

If I could just get past this issue and submit the return my problem would be resolved. I'm not sure if the issue is because the pre-sale cost of the Henley is less than the full cost, or if there's some disconnect between inventory and the RMA system. It doesn't seem like a complicated bug, but I've spent two weeks waiting for a resolution.

 

Unfortunately I haven't heard back from support since Monday AM.

 

Ian.

@iantk let me know if you still haven't heard. Hoping that got resolved.

 

The bug is a tad more complicated than you think but I'm working on a solution that should connect all the systems and be implemented by the end of this month. And a big shout out to @eljlakers who is not only well-versed in logistical issues but also a great guy for hopping on the phone.

post #3043 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3buhbuh View Post
 

Merino sweatpants arrived unexpectedly (no notice :-( ) . USPS can be moronic sometimes...didn't even both to put the packed behind the storm door and just left it on the stoop - at night. On the awesome side, they feel ridiculously comfy...

@th3buhbuh nope, this is another one of the issues that will be fixed. Our logistics partner is not feeding information back into the back-bone of our system that is responsible for all key notifications a customer received (order & shipping confirmations, refunds, etc.)

 

Pinky promise. And it's all public. End of August most, if not all, of the issues we've been suffering through will be fixed.

post #3044 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegnthensome View Post
 

@iantk let me know if you still haven't heard. Hoping that got resolved.

 

The bug is a tad more complicated than you think but I'm working on a solution that should connect all the systems and be implemented by the end of this month. And a big shout out to @eljlakers who is not only well-versed in logistical issues but also a great guy for hopping on the phone.

This is great to hear. I took a chance and used the store credit option, but with a note that I actually wanted to exchange for an XL. Fingers crossed a human being will see that and figure it out. Either way I was able to get a shipping label and the henley is in the mail.

 

Thanks for the response and help. Sorry for the impatience, I've been in the growth stage of a start-up or two and understand how tough scaling can be. At least it's a good problem to have.

post #3045 of 3292
Any update on the travel chino? I noticed it's not on the website anymore...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread