or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 196

post #2926 of 3292

The old size charts are still reachable:

 


Edited by mattstevens - 8/11/16 at 12:54pm
post #2927 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattstevens View Post

The old size charts are still reachable:

Thanks dude I really appreciate that.smile.gif
post #2928 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by oynag View Post


Beautiful shoes.  I couldn't commit that price at the time for another new pair of shoes but you're pulling them off and then some.  What's your impression of them in person? 

post #2929 of 3292
@Medoc Apologies for the late reply- wanted to actually wear them before commenting.

Rancourt did a very good job with this shoe. I'm impressed with the details on and consistency of the broguing. Classic longwing shape and details. I've never owned Rancourt before and these compare favorably with my shell Crockett and Jones and have less small defects than my shell Aldens. Happy that I now know my size and can support another made-in-the-USA brand.

Luckily Taylor Stitch offered narrower widths. I used the Rancourt size template to find my size which turned out to be perfect. Fit is good.

What I love most is the color. It's gorgeous. These are my first shell shoes that aren't color 8 or black. The color ranges from a golden tan to a darker chestnut, never too light or too dark. Extremely versatile. Two more quick shots with a marled blue wool pant. You can get a better sense of the color(s) in the first picture. The other is outside and a little overexposed. The shell has begun to roll across the toebox already.




post #2930 of 3292

@ T/S  RE: New Sizing charts

 

These new sizing charts for shirts are essentially useless.  It tells me a 44 is a 44.  This is absurd and makes no sense for the premium T/S charges for it's products.

 

I know what size fits me from being a past customer, but if I was a new customer I would not be happy viewing those charts.

post #2931 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
 

@ T/S  RE: New Sizing charts

 

These new sizing charts for shirts are essentially useless.  It tells me a 44 is a 44.  This is absurd and makes no sense for the premium T/S charges for it's products.

 

I know what size fits me from being a past customer, but if I was a new customer I would not be happy viewing those charts.


The casual customers are probably clueless when looking at a detailed size chart.

post #2932 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by JilSlander View Post
 


The casual customers are probably clueless when looking at a detailed size chart.

 

 

Clueless? 

 

The included diagram explains it so it's literally not possible to be clueless as to what the measurements are. 

 

That's the point.

 

 

post #2933 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
 

 

 

Clueless? 

 

The included diagram explains it so it's literally not possible to be clueless as to what the measurements are. 

 

That's the point.

 

 

 

Correct, but considering TS' reasons for removing the size charts, that's the only other explanation.

 

As an aside, I've dealt with buyers who have no idea about their measurements beyond "I wear size Medium in GAP/Uniqlo/JCrew."

post #2934 of 3292

Guys...I measured myself thoroughly multiple times and  still ended up ordering wrong size. I really do not know what went wrong..maybe rounding up when converting from cm to inches but...hey.

post #2935 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
 

@ T/S  RE: New Sizing charts

 

These new sizing charts for shirts are essentially useless.  It tells me a 44 is a 44.  This is absurd and makes no sense for the premium T/S charges for it's products.

 

I know what size fits me from being a past customer, but if I was a new customer I would not be happy viewing those charts.

 

I basically don't buy shirts (over 50 bucks) that don't list their chest, shoulder, sleeve, collar measurements (bonus will be sleeve width, waist, cuff width, armhole).

 

I have stopped purchasing from T/S till they have back the measurement guides.

post #2936 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalroamer View Post
 

Guys...I measured myself thoroughly multiple times and  still ended up ordering wrong size. I really do not know what went wrong..maybe rounding up when converting from cm to inches but...hey.


Are you measuring a shirt that fits you well and using their chart? If you are comparing a shirt you just bought with the size chart (listed above on this page) and they are significantly mismatched, I would email them about it. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight55 View Post
 

 

I basically don't buy shirts (over 50 bucks) that don't list their chest, shoulder, sleeve, collar measurements (bonus will be sleeve width, waist, cuff width, armhole).

 

I have stopped purchasing from T/S till they have back the measurement guides.

I emailed them and they sent the original one to me... I feel the same way in terms of spending on an item that I don't know the measurements of. Even a suggestion of going with your typical size may be off as one designer's vision of how an item should fit is different than a buyer's idea of how they would like an item to fit.

post #2937 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachairfreshen View Post
 


Are you measuring a shirt that fits you well and using their chart? If you are comparing a shirt you just bought with the size chart (listed above on this page) and they are significantly mismatched, I would email them about it. 

 

I emailed them and they sent the original one to me... I feel the same way in terms of spending on an item that I don't know the measurements of. Even a suggestion of going with your typical size may be off as one designer's vision of how an item should fit is different than a buyer's idea of how they would like an item to fit.


They are very cooperative and helpful do not worry :-)

post #2938 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
 

@ T/S  RE: New Sizing charts

 

These new sizing charts for shirts are essentially useless.  It tells me a 44 is a 44.  This is absurd and makes no sense for the premium T/S charges for it's products.

 

I know what size fits me from being a past customer, but if I was a new customer I would not be happy viewing those charts.


You are absolutely correct.  They need to list the actual chest size, neck size, sleeve length, etc.  Anyone who was having confusion before needs to adjust to that form of a size chart, not the other way around.  This new switch where a 44 = 44 is misleading and useless.  I haven't checked the pants size charts but we need detail on that also.  I don't want to purchase a pair of pants where is says 36 = 36 when the waist is actually 37.5 etc.  @mikegnthensome I know you guys have a job to do helping minimize returns and appealing to everyone but you're killing us over here.  Detail helps get things right, not the other way around. 

post #2939 of 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoc View Post
 


You are absolutely correct.  They need to list the actual chest size, neck size, sleeve length, etc.  Anyone who was having confusion before needs to adjust to that form of a size chart, not the other way around.  This new switch where a 44 = 44 is misleading and useless.  I haven't checked the pants size charts but we need detail on that also.  I don't want to purchase a pair of pants where is says 36 = 36 when the waist is actually 37.5 etc.  @mikegnthensome I know you guys have a job to do helping minimize returns and appealing to everyone but you're killing us over here.  Detail helps get things right, not the other way around. 


And what happens when they adjust a current style or introduce a new pattern?

post #2940 of 3292

My reason is more about quality control.

 

One pair of Camp Shorts missing a belt loop (no biggy, replacement should be arriving some day soon, I think).

 

Both pairs of their Surf Trunks had problems. First one was just a frayed drawstring. 2nd was the back pocket snap tore out.

 

I like the look of the shirts, and many other items, but now I'm a little gun shy.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknight55 View Post
 

 

I basically don't buy shirts (over 50 bucks) that don't list their chest, shoulder, sleeve, collar measurements (bonus will be sleeve width, waist, cuff width, armhole).

 

I have stopped purchasing from T/S till they have back the measurement guides.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread