Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- brandTaylor Stitchtagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- itemTaylor Stitch Cone Mills Flatout 10 oz denim shirttagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Kiton, Charvet, RLPL Purple Label Shirts Last post on Yesterday at 2:35 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Stephan Schneider Forest Shirt Size 5 Last post on 1/14/17 at 1:32pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Stephan Schneider Onyx Shirt Size 5 Last post on 1/14/17 at 1:30pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Peir Wu Wool Short-sleeve Tunic Shirt Size 50 Last post on 1/14/17 at 1:28pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Peir Wu Wool Short-sleeve Tunic Shirt Size 50 Last post on 1/14/17 at 1:26pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 178post #2656 of 33404/8/16 at 7:10ampost #2657 of 33404/8/16 at 7:37ampost #2658 of 33404/8/16 at 7:48am
Did Taylor Stitch get rid of one of their fits?
The "denim scout" at Hedels was recommending these, but it doesn't look like any of their current offerings have the same fit:post #2659 of 33404/8/16 at 9:03ampost #2660 of 33404/8/16 at 10:38ampost #2661 of 33404/8/16 at 4:46pmQuote:
@Robertson @Smitty2k1 The rise is the distance between the center of the crouch to the top of the waist. A greater rise in inches means the jeans will sit higher on your waist, causing the silhouette of the jean to be a fit more trim/slim than a shorter rise.
So, more inches in the rise = sit higher up on your waist thus these jeans can also be classified as low rise (a bit confusing I know).
In developing these two fits, we found that the slim fit benefitted more from a higher rise because the higher rise helped the jeans fit more trim to the body. The slightly lower rise on the democratic fit aids in giving that relaxed but tailored fit.post #2662 of 33404/9/16 at 8:32ampost #2663 of 33404/9/16 at 4:25pm
I got my 110 year denim jacket. First Taylor Stitch product, looks very well built! A nice, stiff raw denim.
The one thing that surprised me is the natural indigo seems to have a pretty strong earthy smell to it. I googled it, and it looks like that's pretty normal with natural indigo. I don't think any of my synthetic dyed jeans have ever smelled so strong.post #2664 of 33404/10/16 at 9:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Robertson
Did Taylor Stitch get rid of one of their fits?
The "denim scout" at Hedels was recommending these, but it doesn't look like any of their current offerings have the same fit:
Doesn't entirely answer your question but I have these in the old Townsand Democratic fit. I believe the slimmer fit used to be called Brenham. They still have democratic and slim. I think they dropped the additional descriptors some years back. And if you or anyone happens to be a 31 in the democratic, I'll send them for the cost of postage.
Edited by oynag - 4/10/16 at 12:00pmpost #2665 of 33404/12/16 at 8:03ampost #2666 of 33404/13/16 at 3:39pmpost #2667 of 33404/13/16 at 5:50pmpost #2668 of 33404/16/16 at 2:27pmQuote:
Here's a little teaser. The guy in the shot is Pete who runs North Menswear and on top of running one of the coolest small menswear shops is a great dude. Not sure any of you are out near Laguna, but if you find yourself there, stop by and check 'em out:post #2669 of 33404/16/16 at 6:50pmpost #2670 of 33404/17/16 at 8:54am
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Official Sales Alert thread 56 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › PAUL STUART GunCheck Blazer 44L 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...