or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 173

post #2581 of 3296

@oynag hot DAYYYUM. Spot on my man... Just wanted to be sure the jacket was breaking in like you expected & keeping you on your toes. The curls are paying off

post #2582 of 3296

Well, damn, this looks great. Iffy on the buttons, but I can do an IST tuxedo.

 

 

https://www.taylorstitch.com/collections/active-workshop-products/products/the-long-haul-jacket-in-indigo-selvage-twill

 

https://www.taylorstitch.com/products/the-camp-pant-in-indigo-selvage-twill

 

@notwithit 

 

@mikegnthensome -- info on that indigo-esque sweater the model is wearing underneath the jacket^?

post #2583 of 3296
^ That looks pretty dope, although I agree about the buttons.

I'm still kind of kicking myself for not getting in on the leather jacket preorder.
post #2584 of 3296
post #2585 of 3296
If they're anything like the last series of jacquard utility shirts, the fabrics are sort of substantial, and don't drape the same as many other shirts. I prefer it as a utility since it's sort of burly.
post #2586 of 3296

Hey, @mikegnthensome - just throwing this out there... Every week I show my wife the Women's drops (opted for only the Juniper dress so far which also happened to be the only one I liked for her anyway). She really is looking for some low-rise pants. I know high-rise is in right now, but I wanna toss one in for low for her. If you feel like passing that along, of course :-p

post #2587 of 3296
Maritime vest. Easily my most worn item of TS clothing...and that's saying something. My wife, at this point, asks how many pieces of Taylor Swift clothing I actually own.
post #2588 of 3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post

Maritime vest. Easily my most worn item of TS clothing...and that's saying something. My wife, at this point, asks how many pieces of Taylor Swift clothing I actually own.

Taylor stitch is actually taylor swift??? Wah wah..
post #2589 of 3296
Hey everyone I've got sizing questions. Long time Gustin wearer and wanting to mix it up a little.

Anyone have fit comparisons between the two brands?

I wear 36/regular chinos, 37/regular denim, medium/classic or large/slim button ups, large size outerwear.
post #2590 of 3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty2k1 View Post

Hey everyone I've got sizing questions. Long time Gustin wearer and wanting to mix it up a little.

Anyone have fit comparisons between the two brands?

I wear 36/regular chinos, 37/regular denim, medium/classic or large/slim button ups, large size outerwear.


Yes I wear gear from both.  Let me break down what I've found to be true for me. 

 

I wear Gustin XXL shirts / T's and could not go any smaller.  I once tried XL shirts and had to send back, too tight across the chest.  I wear XL in TS for everything I've tried, which is shirts, jackets and sweaters/sweatshirts.  Gustin XXL = TS XL.  TS is more true to size compared to other brands where Gustin fits small, in my opinion.  I'd guess your TS size is one down from your Gustin size, maybe some others can back me up on this.  

 

I wear size 37 gustin straight denim, no experience with their chinos.  I wear TS size 36 democratic fit denim.  On both pairs, the waist is just a tad tight when they arrive and stretch out perfectly with like 3 wears (they are listed at same 37.5" measurment).  TS democratic denim has nice room for my large thighs and has a more fitted look than the gustin straight denim.  The leg opening is smaller with the knee down more slim, albeit with plenty of room.  I am not a slim man in any way and the TS democratic fit is comfortable while remaining stylish and modern looking for me.  TS chinos look awesome but they don't offer a size 37 and I don't feel like buying a size 38 and having extensive tailoring at this time.

 

@mikegnthensome  Does TS have any denim offerings in the near future?  The shuttle loomed italians from last year have been a favorite of mine for a long time. 

post #2591 of 3296

Received the waxed plaid rover jacket a couple weeks back. Very nice, however, it is straight up malodorous. It's a mix between sheep balls and a well used tackle box (or balls nestled between Berkley power bait in a tackle box). Anybody else get this thing? Very musty. Was hoping it dissipated...but umm no.

The pendleton wool jacket is sweet. Stupid small cuffs again..but no musk so I can't complain. 

post #2592 of 3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoc View Post


Yes I wear gear from both.  Let me break down what I've found to be true for me. 

I wear Gustin XXL shirts / T's and could not go any smaller.  I once tried XL shirts and had to send back, too tight across the chest.  I wear XL in TS for everything I've tried, which is shirts, jackets and sweaters/sweatshirts.  Gustin XXL = TS XL.  TS is more true to size compared to other brands where Gustin fits small, in my opinion.  I'd guess your TS size is one down from your Gustin size, maybe some others can back me up on this.  

I wear size 37 gustin straight denim, no experience with their chinos.  I wear TS size 36 democratic fit denim.  On both pairs, the waist is just a tad tight when they arrive and stretch out perfectly with like 3 wears (they are listed at same 37.5" measurment).  TS democratic denim has nice room for my large thighs and has a more fitted look than the gustin straight denim.  The leg opening is smaller with the knee down more slim, albeit with plenty of room.  I am not a slim man in any way and the TS democratic fit is comfortable while remaining stylish and modern looking for me.  TS chinos look awesome but they don't offer a size 37 and I don't feel like buying a size 38 and having extensive tailoring at this time.

@mikegnthensome
  Does TS have any denim offerings in the near future?  The shuttle loomed italians from last year have been a favorite of mine for a long time. 

Thanks for the details. Gustin 36" are tight in my waist and stretch out nicely, but the thighs don't stretch enough! Sounds like TS jeans and chinos in a 36" waist would be a perfect place to start.
post #2593 of 3296

Got shipping notice on the Tan Wax Trucker :nodding:

post #2594 of 3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty2k1 View Post


Thanks for the details. Gustin 36" are tight in my waist and stretch out nicely, but the thighs don't stretch enough! Sounds like TS jeans and chinos in a 36" waist would be a perfect place to start.


The thighs should fit well but I'm worried about the size 36 chinos for you.  Waist is listed as same 37.5 measurement and wont stretch like the denim.  If you decide to try that size, let me know how it goes.  I have held off for fear that they would not work. 

post #2595 of 3296

Yo fellas saw a bunch of chatter. Just got back from the first half of an epic trip with our co-founder aboard the Sailor Twitch mobile (https://www.instagram.com/p/BDOpBmTos-H/?taken-by=taylorstitch)

 

Was cruisin' without wi-fi down the 1 in Big Blue but now it's back to reality.

 

I'll look through the unanswered questions and get back to yall tmrw AM.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread