or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 169

post #2521 of 3299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemins View Post

I prefer the small collars to be honest. They're casual shirts; I like the roll and feel they look better with the top few buttons undone than those with big collars. Their products consistently sell out so I can't be the only one.


I think we all wear the TS jacks in that way.  I wear them as a casual option to work or socially with denim/chinos and don't have them buttoned all the way up or tucked in often.  Improving on the collar doesn't change the intended use or functionality of the shirt, just makes them look better.  I don't believe anyone wants a radical change, just a bit more character.  Additionally, I suspect many people purchase the jacks in spite of the collar, not because of them.  Speaking from personal experience, I still buy the jacks when something unique hits that I don't want to miss out on.  There is a slight hesitation/cringe because I don't like the idea of adding more shirts with that collar to my wardrobe, but sometimes I would prefer it to missing out on that item.  I know people feel similar because I read this thread and can find numerous examples of people commenting on the issue.  The fact that it's even a topic of discussion says enough about that matter.  I doubt they have any motivation to change it up when they are selling out, as you mentioned, but it doesn't mean there isn't room to improve. 

post #2522 of 3299

what is the limited item?

post #2523 of 3299

Task jacket. Took the 50% refund which honestly makes this a steal.
post #2524 of 3299
Damn, I really regret not picking the task jacket up. They sold out really fast.
post #2525 of 3299
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticchasm View Post
 

what is the limited item?

Appears to be sunglasses.

post #2526 of 3299
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Task jacket. Took the 50% refund which honestly makes this a steal.

 

I have to ask- cuffs unbuttoned for style or because they're too tight? Looks good. Just curious.

post #2527 of 3299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoc View Post
 


I think we all wear the TS jacks in that way.  I wear them as a casual option to work or socially with denim/chinos and don't have them buttoned all the way up or tucked in often.  Improving on the collar doesn't change the intended use or functionality of the shirt, just makes them look better.  I don't believe anyone wants a radical change, just a bit more character.  Additionally, I suspect many people purchase the jacks in spite of the collar, not because of them.  Speaking from personal experience, I still buy the jacks when something unique hits that I don't want to miss out on.  There is a slight hesitation/cringe because I don't like the idea of adding more shirts with that collar to my wardrobe, but sometimes I would prefer it to missing out on that item.  I know people feel similar because I read this thread and can find numerous examples of people commenting on the issue.  The fact that it's even a topic of discussion says enough about that matter.  I doubt they have any motivation to change it up when they are selling out, as you mentioned, but it doesn't mean there isn't room to improve. 


I agree, like a nice roll in my collar. Have stayed away from their button downs for that reason.

post #2528 of 3299
Quote:
Originally Posted by oynag View Post

I have to ask- cuffs unbuttoned for style or because they're too tight? Looks good. Just curious.
They honestly fit perfectly buttoned or unbuttoned. Tight like a good shirt cuff (over another shirt) when buttoned and they don't flare open when unbuttoned. Really nice design on this.
post #2529 of 3299
TS folks: are the blackwatch project jackets shipping soon?
post #2530 of 3299
@mikegnthensome - can you say about how much stock you guys order for workshop items? I think in the past you've said it depends how many people back the item, but it seems the last few products have sold out incredibly fast (even for items like the Rover which had a ton of backers). Can't blame you guys for not having enough if I forget/don't back something during the workshop phase, but just curious.

The camp pants seem to have been put up early and are almost completely sold out already, which prompted this.
post #2531 of 3299
Camp pants are niiiice
post #2532 of 3299

Hi fellas,

 

Long time lurker, first time poster. The reason why I'm posting is that I can't seem to get Taylor Stitch's customer service to send me a replacement button for my dark indigo jack. I sent an email in January, took a week for a reply then a couple of days to confirm. Minka said she was going to send out the button but when I got back from after a two week work trip there was nothing from TS in my private mailbox.

 

I sent 2 follow up emails but nothing, nada, zip. I own 14 TS shirts and 5 other pieces and I feel that they have gotten too big. Anyway I was fed up having a missing button in the middle of the shirt so I ended up re-doing the buttons and I used a different button for the bottom. I think I'm done with this company, I used to like checking every Wednesday for their new release and but soon shipping wasn't as fast as it used to be (in CA) and then they moved to this workshop model which is great for pricing but at time it totally sucks when you have to wait months for the product to arrive. CS used to be good but now this recent incident just left a bad taste in mouth.

 

Sorry for the my rant. I have too many items of clothes anyway so it's probably good for me to not buy anything, especially living in SoCal the weather is too warm for any layering 9 months of the year.

post #2533 of 3299

Received stellar service from TS in relationship to a Moto Utility shirt lost by the post office.  TS is a pleasure to deal with.  Thanks guys.

 

Ps:  First product purchased from TS.  Well made.

post #2534 of 3299

Anybody with the Whiskey Moto steerhide can give comments about the fit?  Product page says it's a bit tight, so size up.  Did you have to size up?

 

Love, love that jacket.  Debating between that and an Aero...

 

I'm 5' 9" and 140 lbs.  The S (38) shirts are a good fit on me. I have an XS shirt too, and while I can wear it, the buttons across the chest are a little too tight.

post #2535 of 3299
Quote:
Originally Posted by dqm45 View Post
 

Anybody with the Whiskey Moto steerhide can give comments about the fit?  Product page says it's a bit tight, so size up.  Did you have to size up?

 

Love, love that jacket.  Debating between that and an Aero...

 

I'm 5' 9" and 140 lbs.  The S (38) shirts are a good fit on me. I have an XS shirt too, and while I can wear it, the buttons across the chest are a little too tight.


I have a Medium (40). I wear Medium in the Maritime, Yosemite, Variegated Stripe Popover, and Cherry Blossom shirts; 40 in the Telegraph jackets. I would call the Jacket fitted. All the shirts/jackets I mentioned are a bit looser - maybe calling them tailored (slightly looser, but not loose/baggy). The wrists can be a little tight with a watch on - same as the Maritime is for me though - so don't expect to wear a diver or smart watch comfortably. The color is fantastic. The fit in general is quite close - I can't wear a sweater or anything heavy under it - but that's kind of the style. The chest is tight but it was Golden Bear's expectation that this would relax as the jacket broke in - I feel like it's most comfortable in the "riding a motorcycle" arm position where it makes your arms/shoulders want to be more forward. Like I said though, I asked TS and they asked GB and the response was "that is expected and should form to you with wear." The weather has been less than cooperative lately so I haven't worn mine as much as I'd like but I believe @mikegnthensome said TS was told "about a month of daily wear" will break it in nicely.

 

I know some people were questioning the quality and fit, but had no frame of reference on either since they weren't buying one to try. It's never gonna be the custom MTM jacket that leather-heads want it to be, but it's certainly the best leather jacket I've owned/handled in my limited experience (I've had a couple, but I also know a reasonable bit about leather from my shoe habit). I got it via pre-order obviously so I paid a decent chunk less than the current price, but that's not to say I wouldn't still consider it - I'd just have to justify it that much more to my wife :p.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread