Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- brandTaylor Stitchtagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- itemTaylor Stitch Cone Mills Flatout 10 oz denim shirttagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
Related Forum Threads
- RRL Knit Overshirt NWT size Medium. Grey Herringbone Last post on Yesterday at 2:14 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Glanshirt (Slowear/Incotex) Kent Fit Oxford Shirts: White and Blue sizes 40-41 Last post on Yesterday at 1:55 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- * RRL CHAMBRAY WORKSHIRT SHORT SLEEVE PROTOTYPE RED SZ MEDIUM * Last post on 3/26/17 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- * RRL CHAMBRAY WORKSHIRT SHORT SLEEVE PROTOTYPE RED SZ MEDIUM * Last post on 3/26/17 at 2:35pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Shirts sizes 39 & 40: Kiton, Canali, Tom Ford, RLPL, Mattabisch, Attolini, Loro Piana,... Last post on Yesterday at 4:37 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 165post #2462 of 34271/22/16 at 9:57ampost #2463 of 34271/22/16 at 10:00ampost #2464 of 34271/22/16 at 10:05amQuote:Originally Posted by bigwhat62
well, my baja shirt and confetti chambray fit me good with a 42. So not sure why other shirts releases within months and even weeks of each other at the same size dont fit. But like you said, they offer great customer service and thats the reason I keep going back. If they ever get rid free shipping and returns I will be hesitant with more shopping but for now I love the product when the sizing is spot on like my older oxfords.
Most, if not all, their shirts are pre shrunk and I assume different fabrics will shrink to slightly different sizes. And if we're going for that snug fit, fabrics will stretch differently given their weave.post #2465 of 34271/22/16 at 10:23amQuote:
Yeah you're in that in-between. I'd give customer service a call and see if they're cool with the "buy two, return one" idea. I'm roughly the same height/weight as you, and according to the size chart, I'd wear a 38, but my indigo star, work oxford, and would-have-been baja are all 40s.post #2466 of 34271/22/16 at 11:07amQuote:
I'm the same height as you & 165. I've found the ts 40 to be comparable to a jcrew med slim. I have ts shirts in both 38 & 40. The 38s fit nice without an undershirt (arms are just barely long enough though). For the heavier shirts I prefer a 40 (like the chore shirt).post #2467 of 34271/22/16 at 12:08pmpost #2468 of 34271/22/16 at 12:12pmpost #2469 of 34271/22/16 at 5:47pmQuote:
Was just gonna say the same thing customer service said. I'm exactly the same body measurement as you and I wear 38. It a tiny bit snug with the heavier material like the Yosemite shirt, but all the hit points are spot on and have a nice slimming fit. But sizing up to the 40 also doesn't look like I'm swimming in it, it fits quite nice too with a bit more room and length.post #2470 of 34271/23/16 at 6:11pmpost #2471 of 34271/24/16 at 2:54amCone Mills Utility Shirts came in and I am very happy with it. I am 5'7 and 145 lbs and I ordered a 38, I think it fits me quick well. I am planning to soak and wash it like TS suggested. Just wondering is it gonna shrink?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but am I not supposed to cut off the stitchs on the side?post #2472 of 34271/24/16 at 3:52ampost #2473 of 34271/24/16 at 7:34ampost #2474 of 34271/25/16 at 10:02ampost #2475 of 34271/25/16 at 11:00am
We used to get complaints that we forgot to finish up the stitching on the sides on our utility shirts :) ... it was a staple of vintage work wear and makes for a cool conversation starter but if you don't like the style or just havin' em there, cutting em off wouldn't affect the shirt at all.
@stevefok it wouldn't shrink much, if at all. The soak is just so your whole house doesn't turn into a beautiful shade of indigo.
@RUFiO795 you sound to my ears like a 38. But get 2, make sure you get the size you love, and then return the one that doesn't fit. You'll make one customer very happy that missed out on grabbing a 40 while they were in stock.
@dqm45 I'm not well versed in the shipping laws but feel free to DM me and we can try to figure out a good remedy for your situation. 300 sounds like an outrageous cost we don't want you to incur.
Happy Monday folks.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 seconds ago
- › Vancouver SF meetup -- proposed 25 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...